PDA

View Full Version : Temporary HP Effect?

Malicain
August 1st, 2015, 01:25
I am new to fantasy grounds. I am slowly learning how to apply effects. I have been able to set up some effects for spells, it’s an awesome system. I am trying to figure out how to give temporary hit point to a Player/NPC at the beginning of its turn. This would be added to a character via the spell "Heroism". I have used the Modifier REGEN: but that just seems to heal wounds. Is there a way to heal/add temp hit points at the start of an actor's turn? Thanks in advance for any replies.:)

kylania
August 1st, 2015, 01:35
Probably easiest to just do it by hand, just type the number in your TMP field. Maybe make an informational effect to remind you maybe?

epithet
August 1st, 2015, 01:38
If you create an NPC action to grant 1d6 temporary hit points, it will show up in the combat tracker as "HEAL: 1d6 temp" but I am not sure how the "temp" tag works for player actions or the REGEN effect. It is possible that "REGEN: 4 temp" would work, but it would surprise me.

EDIT: So, as it turns out it's already set up for you. When you drag the Heroism spell from the PHB over to your character's actions tab, it creates the spell effect to "heal" the temp hit points for you. As long as the correct spellcasting stat is set in the Power Group - Spells dialog box, the player just needs to target the ally on whom he cast the spell and click the little red + underneath (or beside) the spell in his character's actions tab.

The caster will need to do this every round until the spell ends (unless there has been no damage.)

kylania
August 1st, 2015, 01:51
Ahh, the Effects wiki doesn't mention temp anywhere! Didn't know that was an option.

Nylanfs
August 1st, 2015, 02:51
Welcome to the community Malicain!

Bob Iadicicco
May 22nd, 2020, 02:37
I love this, I am getting so close... I have a weapon that gives temp HP for the damage done with it, up to 100 per long rest. Is there a way to set the temp HP from the damage you did?

ScriedRaven
May 22nd, 2020, 05:05
Not in the base program but Kelrugem created an extension for it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56194-Extension-Ongoing-temporary-hitpoints&highlight=TEMPO

Bob Iadicicco
May 22nd, 2020, 13:29
ScriedRaven, that is close. I will get with Kelrugem and see if he has any ideas.