PDA

View Full Version : Second monitor problem

Hermundure
July 31st, 2015, 07:00
Hey all,

I have some issues with getting my second monitor to work for this game, maybe you can help me here.

My issue is that I am unable to drag and drop any FG windows like maps, char sheets, tables etc. from my main monitor to the other one.

I could stretch FG over both monitors but thats no solution because the second monitor has half the display size of my main one so I have to shrink it on the main monitor to half to able to stretch it on the second monitor - leaving me with exactly the same working-space.

I am not really into buying another big monitor for FG but I guess there is some easy solution to this as I cant imagine that I am the only one who uses different sized monitors - I am just a bit inexperienced with all this computer stuff - hating it to be honest... ;-)

Herm

P.S. This should have been gone into the "House of Healing" as I can seem to delete this one I just let it sit, maybe someone could move this to the correct place later :-)

damned
July 31st, 2015, 08:51
Hi Herm - you cannot FULL SCREEN across 2 monitors. You can FULL SCREEN across one monitor or you can drag it across two screens.
This will not be changed until the next major release of FG as there are limitations with the current game engine.

Hermundure
July 31st, 2015, 12:44
Ah ok, this dragging doesnt work really well because my second monitor is much smaller than my main one.
I am really unsure if its needed to fullscreen above two monitors (is something even possible)?
What I am more looking for is to be able to simply drag some open windows to the other side (like maps or tables for example) and run on the main monitor either full screen or windowed.

I dont know if I described it understandable as english is not my main language :-(
In Photoshop for example I just run the programm on full screen on one monitor and drag my reference pictures (which are opened in PS too) on the other monitor while painting on the main. monitor.

damned
July 31st, 2015, 12:46
you are explaining it fine - but it cant be done.

Hermundure
July 31st, 2015, 20:41
Hehe np, I will looking forward to the later version then :-)
Thank you for clearing this up!

damned
August 1st, 2015, 00:55
Hehe np, I will looking forward to the later version then :-)
Thank you for clearing this up!

Dont let this stop you from playing now! You could have 3 screens and you could still fill them up running FG! Just like when you are playing at the kitchen table - books and papers everywhere!

Hermundure
August 1st, 2015, 10:36
That wont happen, promised ;-) Looking forward to my first game already :-)