PDA

View Full Version : DDEX2-5 Flames of Kythorn Friday July 31st 8pm to 12am ET

Talen
July 30th, 2015, 01:43
Flames of Kythorn
During a summer drought, Mulmaster is threatened by a series of arson attacks. As the populace riots, accusations fly blaming Thayans, residents of the ghettos, rowdy sailors, the refugees from Phlan and dozens of others. Can you solve the mystery before the city burns? An adventure for 1st-4th level characters.

Adventure Code: DDEX02-05
Adventure Title: Flames of Kythorn
Adventure Levels: 1-4
Game Date: Tue 07/31/2015
Game Time: 08:00PM
GM Timezone: GMT -5

DM Software: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License (can play without purchase)
Streaming Information: www.twitch.tv/talwynor (https://www.twitch.tv/talwynor)
GM Notes: Please also make sure you can log in to the Teamspeak server as the game will make extensive use of voice chat. Please email your character or to ask any questions. The server will be up the morning of the game to test any character or connection issues.
Voice Server:teamspeak.fg-con.com
Voice Password: Dungeoneers
We will be in the "Adventurers League: DM Talen" channel.
Server ID: soft keep dead unicorn

To signup for the game please post in BOTH the game calendar at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1552 and this forum.

Highrisedrifter
July 30th, 2015, 01:52
A'lias Morgenstern, level 3 Wood Elf Rogue reporting for duty!

PhorgottenSon
July 30th, 2015, 02:56
I'd like to play, but need to ask some questions first. First, your Title says Friday 7/31, body and calendar say Tuesday 8/31. Secondly, that start time is cutting it close if it is this Friday, I might be 3 to 5 minutes late. Lastly, this will be my first adventurer's league things, so please bear with me if I mess up making my level 1 character.
Thanks.

kylania
July 30th, 2015, 02:58
Germ will be there!

PhorgottenSon, no worries about the character. If you have any questions feel free to ask here and we'll help all we can.

You can read the rules for creating an Adventure League (Mulmaster version) character here: https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/DDALPG_EEv1.pdf

Talen
July 30th, 2015, 04:09
I'd like to play, but need to ask some questions first. First, your Title says Friday 7/31, body and calendar say Tuesday 8/31. Secondly, that start time is cutting it close if it is this Friday, I might be 3 to 5 minutes late. Lastly, this will be my first adventurer's league things, so please bear with me if I mess up making my level 1 character.
Thanks.

That should be this Friday, July 31. As far as the rest of your post, new players are welcome. If you are unable to create your character in fantasy grounds, just email me your PC and I will do so.

Talen
July 30th, 2015, 04:15
...and I promise, I will only mispronounce A'lias' name for the first 3 hours of the adventure this go around!

PhorgottenSon
July 30th, 2015, 05:51
Cool, thanks. Yeah, no problem making one in FG, just needed to get the rules for Adventurers League. Have them now and will have a legal level 1 character ready. Thanks.

hangarflying
July 31st, 2015, 00:46
Hello,

I'd like to join. Never played 5e, but am experienced with 3.5/PF. I am planning on playing a Human Fighter 1.

Talen
July 31st, 2015, 01:26
I just added you to the calendar- see you tomorrow!

leozelig
July 31st, 2015, 02:25
I missed this somehow... if there's room, I would love to play!

Talen
July 31st, 2015, 02:35
You're in!

Talen
July 31st, 2015, 12:06
The server is up for anyone who wants to load their character or test their connection throughout the day. If there are any issues, post here and I'll check when I'm back. I will reboot the server right before game time (seems to clear up some sound issues when I do that).

Today's game is Flames of Kythorn. A couple of you have run it already - so if there's no objection I'm thinking of running breath of the Yellow Rose instead. However, if anyone prefers to run Flames first, we will stick with the original plan.

Also, Donald the Dummy is in the combat tracker if you want to test your combat out.

PhorgottenSon
July 31st, 2015, 18:47
Fine by me, I haven't ever done any Adventurer league stuff.

kylania
July 31st, 2015, 18:58
All looking good for me.

I'd strongly prefer to run Breath of the Yellow Rose tonight. :) That'll let me get to 4th level then catch up to 5th so I can do the next adventures.

If we're going the other one I'll roll up a quick lvl 1.

poppy_thompson
August 1st, 2015, 00:40
Hey everyone. Talen just hopped on TeamSpeak to let me know he has a family emergency that he needs to address immediately. He isn't sure how long it is going to take to resolve. There might be a chance it can be resolved and he is able to get on later (an hour at the earliest), but he doesn't want to promise anything.

First and foremost, Let's all hope everything is ok with his family.

If he is able to make it back, he will post on the forum to see if anyone is still interested and can make the game. Again, no promises.

MT

kylania
August 1st, 2015, 00:42
Well wishes and happy thoughts to you and your family Talen!

hangarflying
August 1st, 2015, 00:50
Thanks for the heads up, and best of luck.

PhorgottenSon
August 1st, 2015, 01:29
Yes, wish all goes well.

Wraths
August 30th, 2016, 00:10
Hey, whats up! ive never played in the adventurers league before but id like to join your game! Id probably need a Little bit of help to create a character depending on how the campaign starts and who we have in the party!

Edit: did not see the post about the family emergency, I hope everything is alright with his family and hope HE is ok as im currently having one of those right now.