PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Mage

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 00:31
Please use this thread to talk to one another out side of the game on our off days.

Vhok
July 30th, 2015, 00:55
hello! any word on the curved blade elven?

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 01:51
hello! any word on the curved blade elven?

Ok i look at the blade and its a little early in the population timeline for that tier of weapons but later into the game i might be able to incorporate it as a reward or something like that.

Vhok
July 30th, 2015, 02:08
I wasen't planning on going deep into it till at least level 8 so I don't really need it early on maby a crafting quest later in the game to learn how to make it or something would be neat. and that's also assuming I go fighter and not something else. have to wait and see what my stats are.

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 03:16
I wasen't planning on going deep into it till at least level 8 so I don't really need it early on maby a crafting quest later in the game to learn how to make it or something would be neat. and that's also assuming I go fighter and not something else. have to wait and see what my stats are.

Ok sounds good. And i'll be thinking of some things that i could do for that aswell.

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 03:24
By the way this will only be my second time as GM so there are some stuff about the program that i still dont know how to do but i have a lot of experance as a player so if anyone needs help just let me know.

Vhok
July 30th, 2015, 04:02
I did a 1 shot we be goblins the other day but that was my first time every doing FG or pathfinder. I know D&D 3.5 very well so that helps but I was thinking of going fighter just so it was simpler for me as a new player to both the program and PF but I need at least 16str 14dex and 14 con if I want to be able to live as a fighter so gotta wait and see stats lol

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 04:28
I did a 1 shot we be goblins the other day but that was my first time every doing FG or pathfinder. I know D&D 3.5 very well so that helps but I was thinking of going fighter just so it was simpler for me as a new player to both the program and PF but I need at least 16str 14dex and 14 con if I want to be able to live as a fighter so gotta wait and see stats lol

maybe youll get lucly

AznVille
July 30th, 2015, 06:15
Those would be very good roles to get and do kinda call out for a melee beat them up class. As far as GMing, I won't really be able to help you there but at the very least I feel like I have a decent grasp of the effects. Mind you, I've only played 2 FG games prior to now. Also, for character creation I'll be able to jump in Thursday but I'll have something to tend to at 7pm (Central) but will be freed up in about an hour. If we have everyone together and my rolls work in all our favor, I might not mind filling a role or trying something new.

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 06:47
Those would be very good roles to get and do kinda call out for a melee beat them up class. As far as GMing, I won't really be able to help you there but at the very least I feel like I have a decent grasp of the effects. Mind you, I've only played 2 FG games prior to now. Also, for character creation I'll be able to jump in Thursday but I'll have something to tend to at 7pm (Central) but will be freed up in about an hour. If we have everyone together and my rolls work in all our favor, I might not mind filling a role or trying something new.

Yea the effects are the main issue i keep having trouble with. As for CC tomorrow i was hoping to have the server up around 9-9:30pm (Central) tomorrow will also let us know if everyone can connect ok.

AznVille
July 30th, 2015, 06:57
Well, I've had a little trouble with things but with the last character I created on FG I had to crash course on effects pretty hard. A swashbuckling investigator really starts to get those effects stacking really fast so I think I can at least help with that. Plus the community dropped a decent cheat sheet for some of the more basic ones listed below.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 07:08
Well, I've had a little trouble with things but with the last character I created on FG I had to crash course on effects pretty hard. A swashbuckling investigator really starts to get those effects stacking really fast so I think I can at least help with that. Plus the community dropped a decent cheat sheet for some of the more basic ones listed below.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library

Thanks for the find man

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 09:09
Each week i will post a poll for everyone to vote on to determine what day we will play on for the following week. That way we can play without other stuff getting in the way.

Vhok
July 30th, 2015, 09:28
been doing test rolls all night on FG character editor. cannot get a good roll set. 200 attempts in lol I got 2 18s so far ugh maby I got all the shitty rolls out of the way for cc tomorrow lol

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 17:18
been doing test rolls all night on FG character editor. cannot get a good roll set. 200 attempts in lol I got 2 18s so far ugh maby I got all the shitty rolls out of the way for cc tomorrow lol

Are you doing 4d6 drop the lowest? Also dont forget about your class bonuses as well.

That is a average set of rolls. with that you would drop the lowest number and then add your class bonuses and so forth.

AznVille
July 30th, 2015, 18:08
Speaking of rolls something came to mind. There aren't any INT based classes available currently which isn't really a problem but might disappoint some if their only good stat is INT. If you want to address this a couple of ideas come to mind. Either offer the Witch as an available class or the less intensive route of allowing the player to roll a D5(custom die) and shift all the rolls a number of places equal to the D5 result.

Example: 15 str, 9 dex ect. (roll a 3 on d5) the 15 moves to INT, the 9 to WIS, and likewise for each of the stats.

These are just suggestions, by no means is this a need for the players as your setting dictates our environment.

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 18:16
Speaking of rolls something came to mind. There aren't any INT based classes available currently which isn't really a problem but might disappoint some if their only good stat is INT. If you want to address this a couple of ideas come to mind. Either offer the Witch as an available class or the less intensive route of allowing the player to roll a D5(custom die) and shift all the rolls a number of places equal to the D5 result.

Example: 15 str, 9 dex ect. (roll a 3 on d5) the 15 moves to INT, the 9 to WIS, and likewise for each of the stats.

These are just suggestions, by no means is this a need for the players as your setting dictates our environment.

I realize that but INT isnt just for a class you also need it for other things as well like Skills and stuff.

AznVille
July 30th, 2015, 18:25
I realize that but INT isnt just for a class you also need it for other things as well like Skills and stuff.

I completely agree, I'm personally a fan of INT as a stat and really wouldn't be disappointed if I scored high with it. Might not have great class synergy but its good for RPing and even for the skill monkey route. Might even play a decent role if the players get involved with crafting, though that can get out of hand.

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 18:29
I completely agree, I'm personally a fan of INT as a stat and really wouldn't be disappointed if I scored high with it. Might not have great class synergy but its good for RPing and even for the skill monkey route. Might even play a decent role if the players get involved with crafting, though that can get out of hand.

yea i pissed a GM off once when i made Altire form assassins creed i had to craft the hiden blades and the ended up being masterwork and i was able to one-shot damn near everything lol

Vhok
July 30th, 2015, 22:12
I'm talking about 18 after dropping the lowest. and what do you mean class bonuses? the pluses or minuses you add to the modifier(s)?

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 22:33
I'm talking about 18 after dropping the lowest. and what do you mean class bonuses? the pluses or minuses you add to the modifier(s)?

Yes for ex: (A dwarf will gain +2 Constitution (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#TOC-Constitution-Con-), +2 Wisdom (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#TOC-Wisdom-Wis-), and –2 Charisma (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#TOC-Charisma-Cha-).) and (Halflings gain +2 Dexterity (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#TOC-Dexterity-Dex-), +2 Charisma (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#TOC-Charisma-Cha-), and –2 Strength (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/strength-domain).)

Vhok
July 30th, 2015, 22:42
I'm going human I would be Halfling if they were a playable race and I get sorcerer stats but they aren't :(

Djmaxx
July 31st, 2015, 00:04
I'm going human I would be Halfling if they were a playable race and I get sorcerer stats but they aren't :(

Keep in mind that the world is still unexplored you all will be in the eastern region of the continent. So some races haven't been discovered yet.

Thor3250
July 31st, 2015, 01:19
Hello, I'm totally new to this and have no idea what I'm doing, lol. I hope I didn't screw up the timing and miss the get-together for character creation, because I have a lot of enthusiasm for learning this and playing online. :) I'm ready to join the teamspeak as soon as it's up, if I didn't miss it, lol.

Djmaxx
July 31st, 2015, 01:28
Hello, I'm totally new to this and have no idea what I'm doing, lol. I hope I didn't screw up the timing and miss the get-together for character creation, because I have a lot of enthusiasm for learning this and playing online. :) I'm ready to join the teamspeak as soon as it's up, if I didn't miss it, lol.

nope its tonight @9 (cdt) and welcome. The ts server is up and if u need help just ask.

Vhok
July 31st, 2015, 01:36
and what is the TS login info? i'm online and I see you guys but the channel is password protected

Djmaxx
July 31st, 2015, 02:09
and what is the TS login info? i'm online and I see you guys but the channel is password protected

the info for the servers are in the game calender chat.

Djmaxx
July 31st, 2015, 04:31

Vhok
July 31st, 2015, 11:15
I've looked over the fighter archtypes and am going to be Armor Master

Djmaxx
July 31st, 2015, 19:40
I've looked over the fighter archtypes and am going to be Armor Master

Ok sounds good to me.

Vhok
July 31st, 2015, 23:15
for a perm day Thursday is great for me but I'm available most every night unless me and the gf are both off on the same night so if ppl wanted to play an extra day some weeks I'm fine with that too

Djmaxx
August 1st, 2015, 02:41
For the Ring i have a list to pick from but im going to have you all roll % to tell me which you will recive. Your charater will not know what it does just that it is magical.

Vhok
August 1st, 2015, 02:48
can we see what the possibilities are lol also teamspeak!!!!

Djmaxx
August 1st, 2015, 03:02
can we see what the possibilities are lol also teamspeak!!!!

nope no spoilers....

Vhok
August 1st, 2015, 20:14
so whats up with the 4th person? any word yet on hulk?

Djmaxx
August 2nd, 2015, 01:17
Ok so thursday will be our game day and if it has to change for some reason i will let everyone know. Also i am looking for a 4th person to run with you guys because idk whats up with Hulk. Victor wont able to play cause his only day would be Wednesday so im still looking.

Djmaxx
August 2nd, 2015, 04:02
How is everyone with having a 5th person? Idk if Hulk is going to be able to join us but im still talking to him. I have invited a guy to join us in Hulks place.

Vhok
August 2nd, 2015, 04:24
prefer 3 or 4 reliable ppl do not enjoy the bigger groups

Djmaxx
August 2nd, 2015, 04:40
prefer 3 or 4 reliable ppl do not enjoy the bigger groups

ok Well i just talked to Hulk and he said that he would have to drop out cause he is beet after working all day and he would be able to give the game his full attention so it will be just the four.

Vhok
August 2nd, 2015, 11:46
my avatar, click for full size

Djmaxx
August 2nd, 2015, 23:52
Hey guys dont forget to make sure you FG is up to date

Djmaxx
August 3rd, 2015, 19:39
For thoes that came from Hammer Fall I need to know how long you each have been away from the city and why you left. This would take place after where your backstory would have stoped.

AznVille
August 5th, 2015, 04:47
Well I guess I'll drop quick backstory and details on the ring here.

Character: Artheus Latoos
Race: Human
Alignment: NG
Age: 42 (if possible, I'd like to take the advantages/disadvantages for middle age)(-1 str/dex/con - +1 int/wis/cha)
Height: 5'6"
Appearance: Artheus is a well-groomed man with a thick mustache and head of dark hair. While his face may seem stern he commonly wears a gentle caring expression especially when engaged by others. He's dressed in a green tunic/robe that is fairly clean but has many minor frays, worn design, and a few faded but permanent earthy stains.
Backstory: Artheus lived a very humble life for many of his years. He grew up in a small community of farmers and never traveled far. It was known that his family did have an air of magic about them but it wasn't commonly used. His parents raised him to treat others as equals regardless of his magical heritage and emphasized the wonders to be found in people's differences or humble talents. Based on these teachings he found himself performing hardy work, and suffering long days tending to crops and enjoyed the simple life very much. Additionally he grew to love those around him especially one of the daughters of a neighboring family that tended to the wheat fields. Her name was Yulee. They both shared the attraction and eventually got married. Yulee would always share her products of imagination of a world largely unknown to them both. A community that would plow the clouds and plant the rain. Men with legs twice as long as their arms. An animal that would have a small fruit tree growing off its back. Her dreams and stories would always entertain Artheus. They promised each other that they would travel and discover the world together and share even more splendid stories with their children.

They would always dream and talk of that trip but never found the opportunity. They instead decided to strive toward the adventure of parenthood. They tried for many years, but unfortunately they never could. Artheus was always afraid that Yulee's cheery demeanor was to distract from deeper problems that she had. It became very apparent to him that Yulee had fragile health that she hid behind an aura of happiness. As they grew older Yulee became ill. With her already weak state Yulee began to slip away from life with the aid of an unknown illness. Artheus was able to spend some last somber moments with Yulee before she passed sharing some of their old stories. Yulee gripped his hand and said to him
"I'll ask them to plant the most beautiful day for you in the clouds."
Artheus somberly responded,
"I'll be there to help plow them before too long"

Yulee had passed. Artheus was never angry of this, but would always find himself sorrowful only to uplift himself with nostalgia of the better times. He always hid this from others in the community but couldn't help but suffer silent tears in his now empty home. His only relief was viewing his wife's ring, threaded through a simple necklace and hung near the door.

Years later, Artheus came home to see a fox half way out of an opened window seal. The fox turned to him with a very familiar necklace clamped within its mouth. Artheus paused in disbelief and horror of what would come. The fox jumped out the window. The sound of its footsteps heading toward the hills bordering the community. Artheus quickly bolted out the house in persuit, his calm composure broken for the first time in a very long time. They ran off, deep into the hills, traveling further and further up. Artheus was beginning to reach areas him and Yulee could never reach due to her poor health. Fearing exhaustion was not far away, Artheus continued to pursue with all he had left. Inches from his limit he slowed his climb only to take notice of the fox standing on a ledge and staring at him. Artheus reached the fox and witnessed it gently placing the necklace with his wife's wedding ring on the ground. Artheus instantly grasped the ring and chain staring deeply into his palm while catching his breath. As he recovered he looked up and saw a vast stretch of land he never viewed before and it was beautiful. Not beautiful like the stories Yulee would share but beautiful in a deeper sense. Artheus looked at the fox and felt an unusual connection with the animal. He felt a message deep inside. Maybe it was Yulee's spirit, his own convictions, or just the doing of this new creature, but Artheus decided he would take Yulee to explore the world like they always promised themselves. He removed the ring from the necklace and slid it down his pinky finger to rest side by side with his own. He would return to town and prepared for his adventure. Him, his wife, and his new companion…

Vhok
August 5th, 2015, 05:34
good story you remind of a guy I know IRL who writes stories. people you grow to love always die in them lol. also not sure if u know yet but we got a 4th whos a cleric. and they rolled insanely good 18/17/16 and a few others lol

AznVille
August 5th, 2015, 06:20
Thanks for the kind words, and it doesn't hurt to have a beast mode cleric lol. I wonder what deity they're going for.

Vhok
August 5th, 2015, 08:01
I remember he went fire domain but that's all lol

Vhok
August 6th, 2015, 01:16
We are starting tomorrow still right?

Djmaxx
August 6th, 2015, 03:11
We will be starting tommrow so if anything is still left unfinnished please make sure you have the time to get that done. If you need onto the server just let me know so i can start it up for you.

AznVille
August 6th, 2015, 03:11
That's what I'm following. I haven't heard or seen otherwise from any of the other players.

Vhok
August 6th, 2015, 04:45
I talked to thor so only 1 still mia is the new cleric but he will hopefully show up tomorrow

Inked_aasimar
August 6th, 2015, 08:48
I'm for Seranrae, just wanted to clarify what time bc i cant find it on the calendar lol

Inked_aasimar
August 6th, 2015, 09:01
I'm in TS right now if anyone wants to join lol

Thor3250
August 6th, 2015, 09:43
I'm in, and I think I have everything ready for...later today, lol. Sorry for taking so long with that writing, I was pretty busy this week. I'll post here if I ever can't make it, or know I'm going to be late. Other than that, I'll try my damnedest to show up.

Vhok
August 6th, 2015, 09:50
Vhok was born in Hammerfall, a Human of the commonfolk. He was raised for the first six years of his life by unremarkable, but caring and competant, parents. His father worked as a guardsman in the city, and his mother later took a job as a baker's aide in the market, when a guardsman's pay alone wouldn't do. Between them, they were always able to keep good food in Vhok's belly and clean clothes on his back, as well as themselves, and they lived well together.

On his seventh birthday, Vhok headed home from school, excited after rough housing a bit with his schoolmates after lessons. Half way home he could see smoke rising from the direction he was walking. He wasn't worried about it at first, but as he kept walking he started to get more and more panicked, realizing it was coming from exactly the direction he was going toward. His home was burning. He began running, and got to the home in time to see his neighbours coming together to try and put the fire out, but all of them had very grim looks on their faces. Vhok ran up to the guardsman organizing all the people and grabbed his arm begging to know where his parents were. The guardsman looked away, before finally telling the young boy his parents were still inside when the fire broke out, and they hadn't made it out.

Vhok spent the night sleeping outside the ruined house, refusing to move but accepting the blankets and food brought to him by pitying neighbours. In the morning he went to look in his scorched house, to find his parents. The inside of the house wasn't nearly as bad as he was expecting, though many things were burned a number still remained intact. He found his parents in the middle room, laying together on the remains of the destroyed sofa. Vhok walked to his mother's side and wept. He then stood himself up, and removed the ring from her finger, vowing to never forget this day. This ring would remind him always, after all his father always used to talk about the day when HIS mother gave it to him, to give to the woman he wants to marry. Vhok's mother always beamed when this story was told, no matter how many times it was repeated.

Vhok then gathered anything of any value left in the house that wasn't destroyed. He grabbed the fancy cutlery his mother used when guests were over, and the smithing tools his father kept in the hall closet. Tears welled up in his young, hard eyes as he recalled the days his father had tried to teach him smithing. Vhok hadn't been interested. How he wished he'd paid more attention to his father's lessons, and really spent time with him. Maybe the tools could teach him themselves, in place of his father.

Hours later, Vhok left his beloved home with a pack on his back, a bag in his hand, and a small chunk of bread in his mouth. He knew he'd have to change from now on. He was no longer the seven year old boy his parents raised and pampered. From today on he would be the nine year old young man who could look after himself, or at least that would be how everyone would have to know him. From now on he had to work, and he knew he would never got jobs, or at least not any that required enough skill or strength to get decent pay, if everyone knew he was seven. Few people actually knew who he was anyway. Everyone in the city now knew of the fire, for the guards had announced it was arson and they were looking for a culprit a mere hour ago, but few actually knew there was a survivor, let alone the age of one boy. A few neighbors would remember him, but they were elderly and wouldn't be working the same jobs, or even in the same district, as Vhok would be. He walked away with a heart heavy with emotions he was trying to crush, and shoulders heavy with wares he would sell to start his new life.
Vhok spent three days travelling Hammerfall's market district, selling off what he could of his family's old possesions, mostly dishes, and silverware. He ate well the night he sold his mother's necklace, though it pained him to part with it. The fourth morning came, and Vhok was greeted at dawn by the sight of the surliest dwarf he'd ever laid eyes on staring at him discerningly. He introduced himself as Sigmar Hammerhand, and when Vhok offered this strange customer his wares, the one-eyed dwarf simply laughed aloud causing no less than four nearby windows to slam shut in protest. Clapping his hands, Sigmar shook his head, causing his mighty beard which was as thick as his chest to swish along the ground like a broom. Sigmar said to the human boy "What if, instead of paying for these things, I paid for you to come learn my trade?"

Sigmar then offered him a fresh muffin and went on to explain that Vhok looked strong for his age, and that his training hall for Fighters lacked recognition due to underpopulation. Vhok felt something new and empowering stir in himself, a sort of calling that made it almost automatic when he looked the middle-aged dwarf, who stood only a little taller than himself, in the eye and said that he would indeed take him up on his offer, but only if he could continue to earn a living from it. This proved later to be the best work of buisiness that Vhok had acheived in all his memory, as he was able to save a modest but significant amount of money over the years to come. Sigmar smiled sideways at Vhok as they shook hands on it.

From then on, Sigmar proved to be a demanding, but also friendly teacher. He also acted as Vhok's adoptive father when the situation called for it, officially adopting him as his son when the guards inevitably asked. Sigmar taught Vhok how to fight with various weapons, finding that a two-handed sword was the boy's favored weapon. Vhok was often the only one who trained with Sigmar for this time, only losing about two days of every week to the buisiness of the hall itself. Mostly it was other Dwarven Fighters who came to buy tutalage from Sigmar The Unbreakable, as they always called him. Vhok never cared for the heresay much. He concentrated instead on his skills as a Fighter, becoming quite deadly with his favorite imposingly large falchion. A number of months rolled by, filled with the training and (somewhat later) sparring sessions that gave him the odd bruise and or scrape, and taught him to be sturdy and steadfast in combat.

After a year of this, for his "tenth" birthday, Sigmar gave Vhok a small raise in pay, and sent him out to the market district to run a few errands. He had barely finished the first when he literally bumped into the young Half-Elf Thaelon. They had stared at each other for a few good moments from the ground, before they began to laugh aloud, filling the market with their shared enjoyment of their blunder. They continued to laugh about it as they collected their things, sharing their names as their laughter eventually died down. They found that they had a lot in common, and spent the day trooping about the whole of the market district, talking, exploring, and fullfilling their respective errands together until it was near dark out, when the less reputable people started becoming more prevalent. The boys were heading back to Sigmar's training hall, having decided to go and speak with Sigmar about enrolling Thaelon.

Sigmar was pleased to see Vhok smiling and laughing, something that he hadn't seen very often over the past year, and was even more pleased to see Vhok playing with a boy around his own age. Once Sigmar was told Thaelon had no where to stay, he offered the boy a place and a job, deciding the two of them would be his guard and keep him company as he goes on errands. He knew the boys would be good company, and knew Vhok was growing quite strong and would be a capable guard.
They lived like this for years, Sigmar with the sons he never had, and the two boys with a father figure to replace those that were lost. Of course, there were some ups and downs, and some interesting stories that happened along the way. For as long as Sigmar lived, he wouldn't forget the instance of Thaelon carrying Vhok home on his shoulder, Vhok almost passing out drunk but still managing to groggily cheer "I said I'd do it, and I did". Thaelon and Sigmar put the young man, who was by then around 16 years old, to bed before the two sober men sat down for Thaelon to explain what had happened. Sigmar would forever be astounded at his adopted son's brashness, to challenge a dwarf-lord to a drinking bet! And all because the lord had said any dwarf training non-dwarves in their battle tactics was, in his humble and drunken opinion, not doing the dwarf name proud. Vhok had challenged a dwarf-lord to drink all for Sigmar's honour. And the boy won, even if just barely.

Vhok had taken an interest in the drink that night. The next he went with Thaelon to drink again, though not as much as the previous night as Sigmar had scolded Vhok soundly for not showing any restraint. Despite the scalding warning however, Vhok still drank until he could barely stand before deciding his nice bed at home sounded good, and staggered towards the open street. He had to stop multiple times to lean on things as he was too drunk to walk properly. Thaelon had to help him outside, the Half-elf having stopped drinking a good while before Vhok had. They were accosted by an indistinct number of thugs on their way home, and ended up battling them in the most hilarious fashion, to the point where onlookers came to call this "The battle of The Oaken Chair" for the tavern that started it all, and would laugh about it for years to come.

Vhok
August 6th, 2015, 09:51
The brigands spoke some lies about freshly cooled ale waiting in their alley, and Vhok, who was at that special point of drunk where he thought it was the most amazing idea for him to get even more drunk, despite being already far too drunk, accepted their invitation and lurched into the alley without any thought to balance. Stumbling into the somewhat smaller bandits, and pulling them, and their up-till-now concealed daggers, to the ground in the middle of the street with a crash, and a good few more rushed out of the alley at them. Vhok hurled insults and laughed uproarusly at the cutthroats as he tripped and hindered them, despite being too drunk to rise again himself, nor speak without slurring. Thaelon attacked, slaying two in the first bout, while Vhok kept the rest hindered in his drunken manner, and they raised a cheer from what had become a small crowd of witnesses. The city guard came in to break up the fight then, arresting the brigands and scolding the two for fighting in public, though this was nothing compared to what they recieved at home. After Sigmar had scolded and lectured them until his voice was hoarse he sent the boys to bed. After both had gone to their seperate rooms, Sigmar went to talk to Vhok, to drive home the point that Thaelon had saved Vhok's life that night and that Vhok was never to forget it. From that day on, Vhok vowed to find some way to pay Thaelon back.

Some time later, Thaelon, realizing he was not built for the brute strength methods of fighting that Sigmar often used, decided he would leave to become a ranger and make use of his dexterity and agility. Vhok became more serious in his lessons with Sigmar, refusing to let Thaelon have surpassed him when the time would come for them to meet again. Vhok redoubled his efforts in training with Sigmar, using his adult strength to unearth previously unfathomed advantages, such as height. Over the course of a single year since Thaelon's departure, Vhok reached a point where he finally defeated Sigmar, disarming him in a sparring match.
At this time Sigmar suggested that Vhok take up his old interest in smithing, and sent him to an old smith friend named Fritz Firebeard who had recently come to the city. Vhok met up with Fritz late in the day, only to discover Sigmar and Fritz had already spoken and arranged for Vhok to join the smith's caravan as a guard, and occasionally an assistant. Vhok made a stop at the bank that held his small fortune, stuffing all of his coins in a sack to take with him. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't by any means small either, and it was all earned by Vhok's hard work over the years he'd been with Sigmar. This would buy him a fine sword from his new boss. A good, sturdy, two handed falchion. Plus he'd still have a bit left over to spend as he'd like. After the bank he went to say farewell to Sigmar, unsure of when or even if he'd see the dwarf again. It was bitter sweet, but Vhok knew he was making Sigmar proud which made Vhok himself proud.

Vhok spent four years traveling with the caravan, fighting off thieves and becoming adept at smithing. Fritz would always laugh and say Vhok wasn't fantastic at it, but he'd be more then fine in a pinch. After travelling for so long with the kind dwarf and his companions, Vhok began to think about the times with Thaelon and Sigmar. Vhok's new companions were fine, they weren't cruel or boring, but they weren't family. Thaelon and Sigmar were family.

Vhok thought it was time to go and find Thaelon. It was time to see his family again, and repay an old debt

Vhok
August 6th, 2015, 09:51
all credit and many many thanks to thor for writing this for me.

Thor3250
August 6th, 2015, 09:52
I left for 5 years to train in the wilds as a ranger, returning to seek my old friend.

Thor3250
August 6th, 2015, 09:56
Thaelon's tenth birthday was probably the best day of his childhood life. He went into the market that day, muttering to himself about how he had felt cheated, mostly by humans, and that he might be better off outside the city's walls, away from books, and coins, and greedy cheats, and murderous thugs, and guards who never get there in time. Then he quite literally bumped into Vhok, a young Human of close age. Helping each other to their feet and gathering their various scattered things together, they talked, and then they talked at length, all the way through the market, about all manner of things. Thaelon found that he had been starved for friendship. The two of them solidified their quickly growing friendship by fending off a band of five brigands, armed with only mere daggers for their defense, but also assisted by a lone city guardsmen who intervened when he heard the noise. They left two criminal scum stone-dead in the street, and the other three were badly wounded when they surrendered to arrest.
Thaelon and Vhok have been close friends since that day, and Vhok's middle-aged mentor and guardian, a Dwarf fighter by name of Sigmar Hammerhand, was all too happy to accept another student to his modest training hall, though Thaelon had to pay for his enrollment. Over the next seven years, Sigmar taught the two how to fight, fed them and clothed them, and even took them with him on his travels, freely employing them as his personal guard despite their youth, though they faced little conflict for Sigmar's reputation often omitted them from the few duels that rambunctious fools, and the occasional true master of battle, ever faced their master. Sigmar always won; his war-title was Sigmar Hammarhand The Unbreakable. He was getting older now, but his youth had seen him pitted against all manner of vicious creatures, and his stout features bore the scars. An eye-patch of black velvet lined with gold was what he always wore over a terribly scarred left eye. He fought in scale armor, and would wield a mighty sword with both hands against his foes. He was retired from soldiering now though, and spent his current years training any who could pay his fee, and not waste his time.
Thaelon and Vhok learned to be fairly competent warriors from Sigmar, when they sparred the two of them would always be faced with the challenge of holding onto their weapons and staying on their feet for as long as they could, and they always fought Sigmar together, as a team. Thaelon and Vhok's best memory is by far the time they (nearly) bested Sigmar. They had out-maneuvered him and caused him to almost lose his balance. He ended up defeating them, and he laughed, and mocked the two young friends as he danced about with his mighty sword. At the age of eighteen, after many good, but also hard and grueling, years under Sigmar's tutelage, Thaelon grew tired of the city and it's paved and often crowded streets. It was now that he said goodbye to Vhok and Sigmar, and left the Dojo as a man to seek his destiny without money, but with bow, and sword, and keen wits. It is now, after many years in the forest living among the trees, and beasts, and what few hunters ventured out from civiliztion as far as Thaelon had chosen to reside, that he has chosen to return to the city.

Carrying the same sword, and bow, and the very same backpack that he left with, he strides out from the forest towards Hammerfall once more, having learned the way of the Ranger. He came to long for the company of his old friend over the years, and eventually decided to brave the city in search of him and whatever adventures they could find together.

Inked_aasimar
August 6th, 2015, 10:00
Raised on farm by his human father & elven mother; Raf'zaren had a simple childhood. Helping his father in the fields during the day as soon as he could walk & learning about the goodness of Seranrae from his mother before he slept each night. Observing the holy days at his parents behest he would travel to the nearest town alone where a small shrine to Seranrae was built to pray for bountiful harvests throughout the years. When one day before his 17th birthday while he was out in the fields his father ran up to him, handing him a ring and a small pouch of gold. He told him to take it & run as far away as he could & come back in 3 days. He had not time to gather his things so he did as his father told him & left right away, heading to a town he'd heard about farther away than his normal trips & waited. When-he returned he found his parents had been murdered & the surrounding property vandalized & even burnt. The worst part he realized when he went to bury his mother was that her holy symbol that she always wore had been heated & used to torture her with various burns on her once fair skin. The image of the deity burned into his mother made him hate Sarenrae. For 3 years he lied, cheated & stole; everything he could think of that might anger Sarenrae to spite her for the loss of his parents. Then on the night of his 19th birthday in a drunken rage he wanted to deface the shrine he used to pray at for protection & bounty. As he lifted a hammer he had stolen about to strick the shrine, the night was split before him with a blinding light that shot from the shrine in to the sky. He fell backing up against the wall as beautiful women stepped down & out of the light with a hand outstretched to help him. As he took her hand he was immediately sober & a wave of emotion flooded over him. She showed him images of his parents happy by Sarenrae's side, but all three saddened by the turn his life had taken. Images of his life over the years where Sarenrae had attempted to lead him back towards righteousness but he had callously turned way. So many more emotions imparting a deeper understanding of that fateful day & why it was necessary. She showed him a temple where clerics were trained in combat & divine magic that she would bestow upon him if he so desired to help her cleanse the lands of any undead & redeem those that might be turned away from their evil ways. By the time he made it to his feet he had already turned around & was facing the way to the temple having already started a solem pilgrimage towards reflection & redemption. Now that enough years have passed to accept what he has learned & having excelled in his training he has been allowed to leave & is eager to act as an instrument of Sarenrae.

Thor3250
August 6th, 2015, 10:03
Found my new avatar, no idea how to get the picture into FG, lol.
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/58339/2533945-13023_0.jpg

Vhok
August 6th, 2015, 10:03
good story aasimar, glad to have the insanely high stats cleric on our side :) also since you established that you have had personal contact with your god your eligible for a great cleric prestige class

Inked_aasimar
August 6th, 2015, 10:08
I didn't even know that was a thing lol

Vhok
August 6th, 2015, 10:13
https://aaronwiki.us/index.php?title=Contemplative

it says a lot but the stuff you really want to look at is the first chart's specials. you only level in it once or 6 times to get the bonus domains personally i'd go for both. 2 bonus domains is awesome and you get a bunch of immunities ontop of that

Inked_aasimar
August 6th, 2015, 10:20
Thanks, I'll take a look at it now & if i have any questions i'll ask you before we play

Vhok
August 6th, 2015, 10:25
you don't have your time set on your profile. the calendar automaticly changes the time it shows to your time so if you have no time set you can't even see it. just set your timezone and it will show up. says 11:30 to me but I am -4 atlantic time. so you will be earlier.

Inked_aasimar
August 6th, 2015, 10:29
got it it says 6:30 for me

Inked_aasimar
August 6th, 2015, 10:52
so wait, when does that take effect? the contemplative prestige

Vhok
August 6th, 2015, 11:38
you need level 12 in knowledge religion and then when you level up you can go prestige

Inked_aasimar
August 6th, 2015, 11:56
ok cool

Djmaxx
August 7th, 2015, 00:36
Glad to see everyone using the thread. I will have the server up @ about 9 (CDT) 4 anyone who needs to work on their character.

Vhok
August 7th, 2015, 09:40
good night of fun guy! looking forward to next week

Inked_aasimar
August 7th, 2015, 23:23
it was fun

Thor3250
August 8th, 2015, 18:29
Looking forward to next Thursday, and I've decided to write a journal for my character each session. No idea if I'll keep up with it, but I figure it'll be good exercise if I do, lol.

I'll post them here, because I'm lazy like that. By the way, does anybody want to name our company? I had the idea "Company Of The Smiling Fox" but I don't know. If anybody has any ideas, post em up, because that's all I've got lol.

Also, Dj, I was thinking it might be best to post the region map here so that we(I) could review it whenever, because I keep forgetting what it looks like. :p

Djmaxx
August 11th, 2015, 13:18

Djmaxx
August 13th, 2015, 00:34
server will be up tomorrow @9pm (CDT)

Djmaxx
August 14th, 2015, 18:55
Next weeks game will still be on Thursday. Is everyone good to start @9pm (CDT)?

Inked_aasimar
August 20th, 2015, 02:07
yeah no problem here,were we still possibly running an extra session on wednesday this week?

AznVille
August 20th, 2015, 03:43
I'm good for tomorrow as well.

Djmaxx
August 20th, 2015, 03:44
yeah no problem here,were we still possibly running an extra session on wednesday this week?

Not this week maybe next week

Vhok
August 20th, 2015, 14:09
my boss is trying to get me to work tonight at a different site I won't be able to play if he does

Djmaxx
August 20th, 2015, 22:55
my boss is trying to get me to work tonight at a different site I won't be able to play if he does

ok just let me know

Vhok
August 20th, 2015, 23:21
yep not gonna be there just let thor control my guy for tonight. sorry about this

Djmaxx
August 21st, 2015, 00:10
yep not gonna be there just let thor control my guy for tonight. sorry about this

Ok if thats what you want to do cause we can always play tomorrow if that will work better for you that way you dont miss anything.

Vhok
August 21st, 2015, 00:22
I have games thurs fri sat and tues starting soon so I can't play tomorrow

Djmaxx
August 21st, 2015, 01:30
I have games thurs fri sat and tues starting soon so I can't play tomorrow

Well ill need to know what the rest of the group wants to do before we go fourth with tonight.

AznVille
August 21st, 2015, 02:02
I actually feel pretty beat today. Hopped on teamspeak but I think you might have been afk. Didn't realize we may have had another player out. Regardless I'm going to have to pass this session. If people still want to play I have no objections for anyone playing my character.

Djmaxx
August 21st, 2015, 02:34
I actually feel pretty beat today. Hopped on teamspeak but I think you might have been afk. Didn't realize we may have had another player out. Regardless I'm going to have to pass this session. If people still want to play I have no objections for anyone playing my character.

ok well we will try again next week. it will give me more time to work on the story.

Vhok
August 21st, 2015, 04:05
Sorry about tonight this really is pretty rare but it happens with my kind of work

Djmaxx
August 21st, 2015, 22:19
Sorry about tonight this really is pretty rare but it happens with my kind of work

its kool we will just pick up next week.

Also i might have a job in the next week working second shift. So if my sechual changes then we will have to find a day/time that we can play.

Vhok
August 21st, 2015, 22:54
I'm free sunday and wed and thursday

Djmaxx
August 23rd, 2015, 15:00
Ok well as of now we will still be playing on thursdays but if everyone wants to we can play tonight to make up for missing the past thursday.

Vhok
August 23rd, 2015, 20:37
I will be on TS

AznVille
August 24th, 2015, 01:39
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed the two sessions we did have but after going through a couple weeks of playing multiple games I realized that I'm chucking a little too much time away from my family. I'd like to withdraw Artheus from the campaign and apologize since I was claiming the arcane spot. I hope this doesn't inconvenience the party too much. Please feel free to auto-run my character if needed until someone can fill my spot or do with him as you please. Thank you to DJ for running the games, they were a lot of fun, and thanks to the party as well. I hope you guys have a great campaign.

Wolph
August 25th, 2015, 03:25
hey guys just wanted to say whats up

Wolph
August 25th, 2015, 03:38
I am on TS quite often once I get info I will pop on and say hello

Vhok
August 25th, 2015, 04:54
who are you? are you a new member of the group? what are you playing?

Djmaxx
August 25th, 2015, 12:41
who are you? are you a new member of the group? what are you playing?

Yep this is our replacement 4th

Thor3250
August 25th, 2015, 21:38
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in and say that I'm still committed to Thursdays for this game. Sorry I've taken so long on the journals, my life becomes a whirlpool of busyness at the drop of a hat. Lol.

EDIT: Also, take care, and good on you for reasserting your priorities AznVille. Welcome to the group, Wolph!

Wolph
August 25th, 2015, 21:38
Yeah I am new, I am playing Half-Elf fighter. Made him today with John working out his back story now.

Djmaxx
August 26th, 2015, 01:08
Raised by his Elven mother Elyisian in the out skirts of Hammerfell, it was a harsh life in the north. Never knowing his Father or why his Mother was exiled from her people he set his mind to finding these answers early in life. His mother told him almost nothing always saying she would let him know when the time was right. She ran out of time and all he was left with was questions and an old ring she had given him. Faiben his mothers only friend took him in until his thirteenth year, Upon his death bed Faiben told him two things. One was that the ring had belonged to his fathers, it was the only way to find out who he was and the second was to join the millitary and get the training he would need to embark on this quest. Wolph joined the army of the local lord in the effort to protect Hammerfell and restore it to its former glory. There he excelled. Rising through the ranks while honing his skill with blade, bow, armor, and leadership. While serving he learned much about those he served. Most of all, of their arrogance and the way the threw the live of his comrades away. Threw them away with little thought of anything but their own selfish designs. It sickened him, so he resigned his commision and decided now was the time to look for the answers he had so hungered for his whole life, and so his adventure begins....

I hope you dont mind me shearing this with the others but i figured that it would help everyone get a feel for you characters background being everyone had similar stories.

Vhok
August 26th, 2015, 02:16
so we have no caster now? should I reroll a sorcercer? all physical will really hurt us if we run into a physical damage reduction guy

Thor3250
August 27th, 2015, 21:58
We're still on for tonight, right? Sorry if today was actually a morning game, I thought that was a typo, lol.

EDIT: If I multi-class into magic we might be okay, and I'm sure that DJ will accommodate us a bit to make up for our mystical setbacks in the meantime (maybe a slight loot change, or something). I'm sure we'll be good. I also vote that whoever leaves the campaign dies so that we can loot their corpse. I want Artheus' magic ring, and I want to eat his fox, lol.

Inked_aasimar
August 27th, 2015, 22:49
haha damn thor & im still good for thursdays but i'm not getting any notifications about this message board so if i don't reply you can just email me directly DJ & i'll reply asap

Wolph
August 28th, 2015, 11:26
I am going to read 8 hours today

Vhok
August 28th, 2015, 12:57
I was wondering if instead of the level 4 fighter follower I could get a level 2 sorcerer or oracle? that way we can take care of the arcane slot and not have a higher level guy in the party. I was thinking for a dual cursed oracle with blackened curse that way he won't be making the group too powerful because he gets -4 on all attack rolls that use a weapon. and it gives him a bunch of fire spells to use. I feel this is a much easier way to round out the group than multi classing casters as heavy armor users

Wolph
August 29th, 2015, 15:43
Going to make sure i get my 8 hours in today. that sounds like a cool caster Vhok.

Vhok
August 29th, 2015, 23:03
he said no oracles but he did let me make a sorcerer

Wolph
August 31st, 2015, 02:47
cool i talked to him about setting up a town around the castle so we could collect taxes. he said not right now but later in the game we could revisit it. he told me about your sorcerer. i am going to set up a spot for every one, and we need to pick a spot to put it. also i did my 8 hours of reading today.

Djmaxx
August 31st, 2015, 04:50
Hey guys i am wanting to start a Facebook chat for us to keep in touch without having to be at the computer. So eather you can PM me with your name and city(so i know it you) or you can add me @ https://www.facebook.com/john.walters.9655

Djmaxx
August 31st, 2015, 18:47
Hey guys my internet is down at the moment and im not sure when it will be back on. I'm going to have to put the game on hold until further notice. I do apologize for this and i will inform everyone when we can continue.

UPDATE: I got my internet back up for the time being so we are good to continue this coming Thursday.

Wolph
September 1st, 2015, 21:16
i am making sure to get my reading in yesterday and today 8 hours

Wolph
September 2nd, 2015, 19:14
READING 8 HOURS, might be a little late on thursday but i will be there.

Wolph
September 4th, 2015, 01:35
Reading my 8 hours

Vhok
September 4th, 2015, 07:57
DO IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-oNWtAKNfk

Djmaxx
September 9th, 2015, 22:34
Ok guys I am canceling tomorrows game due to i am going through a divorce atm and i had to move into my moms spare room for the time being. I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the port forwarding to work with FG thats y i wont be able to run the game tomorrow.

UPDATE: I have got the port forwarding to work but i havent had a chance to work on the game due to relationship issues and if i am able to get enough done tonight i will update you guys on here other wise assume we will not be holding a session tomorrow.

Thor3250
September 11th, 2015, 02:25
Take the time you need man. That's heavy ****. I'm available for every Thursday still.

Wolph
September 17th, 2015, 16:43
Hey hope your doing ok, was wondering if we are going to play? If not totally I understand.

Djmaxx
September 17th, 2015, 18:29
Hey guys i have been extremely busy the last week dealing with all that is going on and regretfully im going to have to postpone the game for a week or two. This is just until i can get everything settled with my life. I am really sorry guys. I hope you guys can keep our day available for the time but if not i will understand.

Wolph
September 17th, 2015, 19:48
no worries man take the time you need hope you are doing ok know that this is super stressful.

Thor3250
September 18th, 2015, 04:13
Seconding Wolph's post, man. You take all the time you need to sort out your personal matters. Just keep us posted when you can, and good luck to you.

Djmaxx
September 21st, 2015, 19:35
ok well it looks like i might be moving to cali due to issues with fam and not being able to find a damn job... new oppertunities have presented it self. So i really want the game to continue but the time we play might have to change idk yet but i will keep you guys posted.

Djmaxx
December 13th, 2015, 19:53
Hey guys i know its been a while since i posted last... I have some bad news. Outside of my personal problems my computer crashed after i spilled MD on my laptop and i lost everything. IDK why but my files didnt backup to my cloud like it should have. So i still have the story but all of the progress that you guys did was lost. I do apologize for all of this and i will understand if you have moved on.