PDA

View Full Version : [FGDaze] Artic Enigma

bobq219
July 29th, 2015, 16:58
Greetings Commander, Our research facility located south of Atqasuk Alaska has gone dark. Dr. Juliet Silvas and her team have been focused on researching alien technologies and were close to effecting a breakthrough equivilent to the breaking of the enigma code in world war 2 when the council lost communication with the outpost. You and the rest of echo team are tasked with finding out what happened to Dr Silvas and recovering her research data. In the event that these objectives can not be accomplished, Strategic order 87-1789-c is in effect. Nuclear release is not authorized. As always, the council will be watching. That is all.

This is a Savage Worlds Xcom game, set in a world where near future technologies exist, and the earth is in constant peril from alien Invasion. The team will consist of 5 members including Assault, Heavy Weapons, Sniper/Scout, Medic and Team Commander. Join the 5 members of Echo team as they fly into an artic storm to try and find answers to the Artic Enigma.

Currently this game is scheduled for 9am PDT but I am wide open to any time that accomodates the most players. Just let me know your thoughts.

Calendar entry here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1544

PhilAdams
July 30th, 2015, 05:58
What sort of client license is needed?

Mask_of_winter
July 30th, 2015, 06:17
No license needed to play during FGDaze! All full (GM) licenses are upgraded to Ultimate for the duration the event thanks to Smiteworks.

PhilAdams
July 30th, 2015, 06:21
Excellent! Thanks! I'm passing the link on to friends with the free license.

Ahoggya
August 1st, 2015, 09:15
Wanted to know how long the game will be. I have an appointment at 1:00 PDT. I don't want to answer 'yes' if I can't play through to the end.

xazil
August 2nd, 2015, 13:53
I'd prefer an earlier time at the moment actually. Do we have an estimated run time?

bobq219
August 3rd, 2015, 00:45
Hey all,

Run time should be 4 hours, pregen characters supplied. .
I know that anything for FGDAZE will let all players play regardless of license as mentioned above. Looking forward to running this for you all, please let me know if there are more questions

Bob

Daedalus
August 6th, 2015, 14:48
Do you have the pre-gens available yet?

bobq219
August 6th, 2015, 16:14
Pre gens are ready, just trying to find the best format to share. Will try and post something Frida or Saturday local time.

Daedalus
August 6th, 2015, 17:13
Ok no problem

Daedalus
August 7th, 2015, 20:16
Hey Bob, I applied. Can you approve me please?

bobq219
August 7th, 2015, 23:56
With scheduling constraints I will post pregens monday. As an added bonus, anyone who wants to write a couple of paragraph long back story for their characters and post it here will earn an extra Benny....if you are new to savage worlds this is a good thing :)

Have a great weekend

PhilAdams
August 8th, 2015, 04:34
Niko Veronis

My name is Nikolaus Veronis. My friends call me Niko. I'm not gonna lie: As a kid, I was a jock, content to get by on my size and athletic ability. Hell, in Pennsylvania hill country, that was more than okay. I mean, I had a real shot at a scholarship at Penn State. And then I screwed up. It wasn't really me; some punk started some ****, and I finished it. But the punk ended up in IR. There went my ticket.

The public defender laid it out for me pretty clear: take a deal or do some time. I swallowed my pride, came across all contrite and ****, and got in good with the DA. As part of the deal, I enlisted in the Army. Whoa! What a wake up call; what a lucky break. Army life turned out to be perfect for me! The discipline and training were just what I needed to get over myself. The world wasn't there for me to get drunk and beat punks up. It was there for me to bring the pain! After finishing Ranger training, I spent a couple years supporting Delta in a few brushfire engagements. Decorated, promoted ... I was doing great. And that got X-Com's attention. When they contacted me, hell yeah, I signed on! Now I'm not part of the problem, I'm the solution.

bobq219
August 9th, 2015, 16:44
Nice work Phil, bennie for Niko

PhilAdams
August 9th, 2015, 19:03
Delays Niko's inevitable death by one round. :D

AstaSyneri
August 9th, 2015, 20:09
Ooooh. So bad that I can't join this on Saturday (away on Father-daugther-trip). I really want you to run this again - at next FG Con?

Daedalus
August 11th, 2015, 00:31
Bob, it's a bit confusing. Can you delete the old times that don't work so we know what the actual time this game is being played is?

Thank You

xazil
August 11th, 2015, 05:10
My name is Nick Smith. Just a normal guy, a bit thinner than most but I have a wirey strength, so don’t try to mess with me mate. Yeah, yeah. I know I kinda look like that guy, at least I can pull off menacing pretty well with sunglasses.

So anyway, I grew up on a farm in inland Queensland. But you would just call it the Outback. Probably you’dve called it ranch too. Well, the drought killed that when I was still a teenager and I had to find something to do.

So I joined the Army, figured I knew how to shoot and not many places are worse to be in than around home. Had some attitude beaten out of me by various sergeants. Then I ran around in some other deserts shooting at people. Found I was pretty good at it. Ended up in the SAS, I liked the motto. “Who dares wins.”. Ended in the First Commando regiment, “Strike Swiftly”. They taught me more stuff. I ran around some more deserts and shot at some more people.

Well I was starting to lose my taste for running around the desert and shooting at people. My captain introduced me to some fancy guy with an accent. That guy said my skills could find some use...

bobq219
August 11th, 2015, 16:40
Here is a link to pregens. https://docs.google.com/document/d/175M5GYoz27HX7gSwkKR_kurikEt203AUtfjQygSH9XE/edit?usp=sharing, Due to birthday week shinanigans the earliest i can run Saturday is 8am PDT. I am more than willing to bump the time up or leave it as scheduled. Please let me know your thoughts

bobq219
August 11th, 2015, 16:52
Sure I could give this a run for FG CON, Asta, Ill keep you in the loop.

xazil
August 11th, 2015, 17:18
The starting characters have ammo and grenades?

bobq219
August 11th, 2015, 17:21
I'll be adjusting but some of the items but some of the characters will have grenades.

Daedalus
August 12th, 2015, 16:42
I am still confused with the times (since there are 3). Are we selecting the one that works best and the one with the most votes wins?

bobq219
August 12th, 2015, 16:57
Yep

damned
August 12th, 2015, 17:28
bob - at this stage - id try and get your time locked in now... :bandit:

Daedalus
August 12th, 2015, 21:59
Oh Ok Bob

Ernasty
August 14th, 2015, 16:01
Julian Garand

My name? Doesn't really matter. You can call me Julian. Call me Jules or Julie and we may have some trouble. I'm just a nameless, faceless Joe who does occasional bad things trying to make good things happen. My life history is a sordid mess. The only thing I've ever had good success with was the military and, what you might call, fixing problems. And there are always new problems to take care of, so business is good. I also seem to have a knack for working with small elite teams that are always in the midst of danger. Yeah, I know; it's an odd knack but I guess someone has to be good at it.

Who are we? We're the best. Not in the spiritual sense, but at the things we need to do. We do things that others can't or won't do. Does that make us special? Hell, yes. But only in some ways. In others, we're just as messed up as anyone else. Maybe more. Maybe that's why we like to do what we do. Now, if you'll excuse me, there's work to be done. Messy, bloody work. But, good work.

Ahoggya
August 15th, 2015, 04:47
Hi, I'm Alfonse Bourg. I grew up in what's left of the French country side. My father taught me the fine art of hunting as a small boy. I spent all my years through college hunting in one place or another. Dad was a diplomat so I had ample opportunity to visit other countries and hunt. I was contacted in my 3rd year at École Normale Supérieure Lettres et Sciences Humaines by the director of RAID. He had taken notice of my achievements at the college shooting meets. I had always thought the simplest life would be that of a sniper. Unseen, unknown. Apart from others. I guess I had become a recluse in my own mind. Confident of my abilities above all else.

With the broadcast of their arrival, I new what my purpose was. So it was no hard decision when I was asked to join the top elites that would be in forefront of this fight. I new my place. Then I met Michelle. She was smooth and caring. She paid every attention to detail. I was no longer alone. I took care of her and she took care of me. I had bonded with my Barrett 82A1 .50 cal Sniper rifle in a way that we were one. Michelle will never leave my side while I live. As for my nickname, Cyclops. It was said I truly could only see the world through Michelle's one eye.

PhilAdams
August 15th, 2015, 15:51
So I feel like a total n00b, but how do I connect? I don't see a server name listed anywhere.

Ernasty
August 15th, 2015, 15:53
Likewise. Same question. :-)

xazil
August 15th, 2015, 15:53
I haven't seen it posted. Normally its in the announcement post or the sig of the poster. Also in the calendar is quite common too.

bobq219
August 15th, 2015, 16:01
FG team Speak for voice
ts.fg-con.com pw Dungeoneers

Server Alias
puny turtle warm dice

[email protected] if you need to ping me on hangouts

coming up now

Ernasty
August 15th, 2015, 20:51
Good game! I enjoyed it. :)

Ernasty
August 15th, 2015, 21:01
Special kudos to players of "Agent" Smith and Niko; very well done. Everyone else did well, too. Good fun!

Daedalus
August 15th, 2015, 21:39
I did enjoy it as well. And don't call me Jessica Alba ;)

PhilAdams
August 15th, 2015, 22:30
That was good fun, definitely! I think we could've suffered some serious casualties, so it's cool we came out alive. Also, thanks to GM and fellow players for hanging in there through some technical difficulties early on!

xazil
August 16th, 2015, 01:25
Thanks for the game and the intro to Savage Worlds. :)