PDA

View Full Version : Windows ten

hawkwind
July 29th, 2015, 10:17
Any issues with Fantasy Grounds?

damned
July 29th, 2015, 12:08
The only reports I have seen have declared it AOK.

hawkwind
July 29th, 2015, 13:09
what generally or just with FG, if its going to muck up my FG set up i may wait a bit

Nylanfs
July 29th, 2015, 13:11
It's wait a few weeks or a month, it's going to be buggy at first.

https://gizmodo.com/windows-10-meta-review-download-it-in-a-month-or-two-1720774235

damned
July 29th, 2015, 13:24
It's wait a few weeks or a month, it's going to be buggy at first.

https://gizmodo.com/windows-10-meta-review-download-it-in-a-month-or-two-1720774235

Ive seen several posts of Windows10+FG being good.
I think Windows10 is unlikely to ship with any serious bugs - it has had 6 million beta testers...

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2015, 14:30
I'd be testing it out already, but it's releasing the day before Gencon. I'll be loading it up when I return.

I haven't heard of any issues though, and the preview has been out for a while.

Cheers,
JPG

Togainu
July 29th, 2015, 16:18
Double post

Togainu
July 29th, 2015, 16:22
I have been using Fantasy Grounds in Windows 10 Tech preview For over 2 months already and haven't run in any issues at all. Including in the latest Technical preview (which is also the version the upgrade will take you to). That being said I don't use any extensions. So I can only talk about vanilla Fantasy Grounds working 100% for me.

As for general other bugs I can't say that I have ran into any particular ones myself during my testing with the latest Tech preview release/upgrade version

Nylanfs
July 29th, 2015, 16:38
it has had 6 million beta testers...
They said that about D&D 4e and 5e too...

Dakadin
July 30th, 2015, 19:00
I've been using the tech preview since February and I haven't encountered any issues when using FG.

Nylanfs
July 31st, 2015, 12:07
Well I attempted to upgrade my laptop last night, but wfter I log in it seems stuck on setting up preferences. Specifically Web Platform Customization. And it's a completely black screen otherwise. I can CTRL-ALT-Delete and get to the task manager, log out switch user, but no start menu, no desktop. I'll be digging into it tonight.

damned
July 31st, 2015, 12:16
Well I attempted to upgrade my laptop last night, but wfter I log in it seems stuck on setting up preferences. Specifically Web Platform Customization. And it's a completely black screen otherwise. I can CTRL-ALT-Delete and get to the task manager, log out switch user, but no start menu, no desktop. I'll be digging into it tonight.

serves you right! you put the knocker on it yesterday! :)

Dakadin
July 31st, 2015, 16:12

I upgraded my laptop last night also. For the most part everything came over to mirror the current settings. The main thing that I had to do was download and install Windows 10 compatible video drivers. There were a few other things that were recognized like VPN clients but that isn't surprising. So far everything else is working smoothly.

I haven't tried safe mode with Windows 10 but it should still be an option. Try pressing F8 during the initial boot up before it starts loading windows. Select Safe Mode from the list. Then you should be able to see if the video drivers are the issue.

Thinking about it, I am guessing you already know how to do this though. :p

Nylanfs
July 31st, 2015, 16:38
Yea, just by the time I had gotten to that point I had to get to sleep so I could function today at work. :)

Dakadin
July 31st, 2015, 16:42
I can definitely understand that. :)

Nylanfs
July 31st, 2015, 23:09
Okay, rebooted when I got home and logged into the original account and everything came up. So if you have issues try using the base administrator account.

Nylanfs
August 1st, 2015, 23:55
Well this is interesting evidently Edge can't find Fantasygrounds.com

Dakadin
August 2nd, 2015, 03:38
I haven't encountered that issue. It finds fantasygrounds.com on my system.

Nylanfs
August 2nd, 2015, 15:02
Weird, now it's working just fine.

kylania
August 2nd, 2015, 15:14
Last night there was a time when I couldn't connect to the forums either, so might have just been a normal internet blip as opposed to client side issues. I'm still on 8.1.

Nylanfs
August 2nd, 2015, 20:09
No I was using Edge and Firefox at the same time, FF could connect but Edge couldn't.

Togainu
August 2nd, 2015, 22:43
Than still it had to do with either your internet or their server/internet at the time. Even when using two browsers one can have a package loss while the other doesn't. I can visit fantasy grounds just fine in the edge browser