PDA

View Full Version : For anyone that is looking for a game to play!!

Djmaxx
July 28th, 2015, 18:24
I am looking for 3-4 ppl that are new to FG and are wanting to play. I am running a homebrew Pathfinder Campaign. My time frame for play is tight at the moment so i am only able to run for about 3-4 hours once/twice a week. If you are new to FG and would like help getting use to the program let me know and i can settup a time to run you through the basics. Also there are several vids on youtube that can help as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiuqNB452Oo there are also more by Oz and others as well.

The world of Sierra is a dangerous place to live as of late. Be careful in your travels.

GAME TIMES: 9:30pm-1:30am (CDT -6:00)
GAME DAY: We can discuss the actual day of play as we go but my days are (Wed,Sat,Sun)

I dont like importing characters because i feel it takes away from the table top experience so there will be one day that will be for character creation.

If you would like to play please sign up on the Game calender https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1548
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1548)
If you have any questions feel free to ask and i will answer them as best as i can.

Vhok
July 28th, 2015, 21:04
signed up! hoping to play a sorcerer but I have one other class if that's not avalable

AznVille
July 29th, 2015, 01:47
I'm always a fan of homebrew thanks for a couple very positive experiences. I'm looking forward to it if you'll have me. Are there any expectations of us as players? Will character creation day be ran with point buy or rolling for stats?

Djmaxx
July 29th, 2015, 02:19
I'm always a fan of homebrew thanks for a couple very positive experiences. I'm looking forward to it if you'll have me. Are there any expectations of us as players? Will character creation day be ran with point buy or rolling for stats?

All i ask its that you dont brake my game because i am hoping to turn it into a story. We will be rolling the stats because i like the idea that it is random.

Djmaxx
July 29th, 2015, 02:27
Use the time you have before creation day to figure out what you are going to play.

Vhok
July 29th, 2015, 02:37
I have to place the stats in the order they are rolled? so first one I roll will always be str then dex etc? not sure i'll be good with that when I roll a 10 on my wisdom as a sorcerer

Djmaxx
July 29th, 2015, 03:03
I have to place the stats in the order they are rolled? so first one I roll will always be str then dex etc? not sure i'll be good with that when I roll a 10 on my wisdom as a sorcerer

Doing it that way keeps it completely random so that if you roll a 18 on your third roll you dont put it on dex running a rogue. Makes it more interesting when playing.

Vhok
July 29th, 2015, 03:09
I get that but as a caster it can totally screw u because you need a min level of whichever stat to even be able to cast the spells. but I can wait and see how bad it gets who know might get lucky

Djmaxx
July 29th, 2015, 03:35
I get that but as a caster it can totally screw u because you need a min level of whichever stat to even be able to cast the spells. but I can wait and see how bad it gets who know might get lucky

Also if i see that a score will end up hindering you as a player i will allow a re-roll or ill just add a base amount to the score so you dont go into a fight and have to hide under a table. lol

AznVille
July 29th, 2015, 03:36
Interesting stipulations, but it really does prevent the min maxing aspect of things. I imagine I'll have to develop the personality in retrospect after creating the character. Additionally, while I am a player that enjoys the fun/challenge of building a character with minor min maxing, please don't hesitate to ask me to make changes if it's deemed to powerful (if I get lucky). I won't get my feelings hurt, it's just one of the many reason I enjoy the game. Will we be able to select our class following rolling the stats? Vhok does bring up a good point after all.

Djmaxx
July 29th, 2015, 03:56
Will we be able to select our class following rolling the stats? Vhok does bring up a good point after all.

Yes if you have an idea of about what you want to play when going into creation it will help the prosses along but that being said i do know that its hard to know what class you are going with before hand unless you are willing to run (a wizard with the stats of a fighter) or something like that. Like i said if i feel that a score is to low for a class to be played affectively then i'll eather ask you to re-roll said stat or i will add a base# (1D4) to the score to help out with out being un fair to the rest of the group.

AznVille
July 29th, 2015, 04:05
Sounds fair enough, I did notice you didn't list wizard or bard as available classes which both I might consider playing. Then again if we already have someone calling arcane caster, I'm likely to lean to bard or something else all together. Regardless, I'm pretty confident that I'd be able to hash out a character/personality that I care for on the fly following rolls.

Djmaxx
July 29th, 2015, 04:13
Sounds fair enough, I did notice you didn't list wizard or bard as available classes which both I might consider playing. Then again if we already have someone calling arcane caster, I'm likely to lean to bard or something else all together. Regardless, I'm pretty confident that I'd be able to hash out a character/personality that I care for on the fly following rolls.

The world of Sierra is still new and wizards haven't been discovered yet. maybe in a few hundred years or so that will be a class. As for bard i didnt even consider it as a class to be played. I will read my notes for this world and see if it would be a possible class.

AznVille
July 29th, 2015, 04:31
Ah, I see the angle you're shooting for. I'm quite interested to see how things evolve. I half imagine there will be item restrictions as well to match the world but I'll just get a feel of things as we move along. Bards are also naturally imbued magic users as opposed to studied scholars, so they'd be a similar fit as sorcerers, doesn't mean there isn't another reason to restrict them though. Looking forward to discovering your lore.

Djmaxx
July 29th, 2015, 06:45
Ah, I see the angle you're shooting for. I'm quite interested to see how things evolve. I half imagine there will be item restrictions as well to match the world but I'll just get a feel of things as we move along. Bards are also naturally imbued magic users as opposed to studied scholars, so they'd be a similar fit as sorcerers, doesn't mean there isn't another reason to restrict them though. Looking forward to discovering your lore.

From reading my notes i don't see any reason bards wouldn't be a playable class. So if that is something you would like to play then you have my ok to go for it. As far as item restriction goes there has been great improvements made in armor, weapons, and other items due to the dwarven and elven arms races also there are other things that have came to be that has advanced certain items as well.

Vhok
July 29th, 2015, 07:06
what day are we gonna do character creation we had 3 people signed up last time I checked so might as well talk about available days. personally I am fine for any of the days mentioned this week and an next week except Saturday maby.

also regarding weapons you say elven and dwarf items are helping advance. I was hoping to aim for using a Curve blade, elven and am curious if that will be in the game.

Djmaxx
July 29th, 2015, 13:00
what day are we gonna do character creation we had 3 people signed up last time I checked so might as well talk about available days. personally I am fine for any of the days mentioned this week and an next week except Saturday maby.

I have a poll up for character creation make sure you place your vote.

also regarding weapons you say elven and dwarf items are helping advance. I was hoping to aim for using a Curve blade, elven and am curious if that will be in the game.

If im not mistaken the curved blade is an Arabian war blade. I will look into it to see what era the blade was from and let you know.

Vhok
July 29th, 2015, 19:54
voted for Thursday.

Victor
July 29th, 2015, 19:58
Is this game still taking players? The calendar entry is not valid.
By the looks of the posts here, it looks like you are no longer LFG but setting up to play. If so, you should probably set up your own group for forum posts or post your messages on the calendar, ir you have one.
If you still have a slot I am interested, but the only day I could play would be Wednesdays.
Either way let me know, and good luck to you guys.

Djmaxx
July 29th, 2015, 21:07
Thank you for your interest in my game but unfortunately the game is in fact full but i will keep you in mind for if someone drops out.

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 00:29
Please check the game calender for msgs from time to time.

Djmaxx
July 30th, 2015, 00:33
Out of game talk can be done Herehttps://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25387-Order-of-the-Mage&p=224003#post224003

Victor
August 2nd, 2015, 00:15
I know I am not in this game yet, but still may be. Question concerning rolling stats, Can you roll all your stats THEN pick your class? I always thought it was pretty backwards but that is how 'generating a character' is laid out in the books. Roll Stats, Pick a Race, Pick a Class. Perfectly backwards, but if you are rolling stats and keeping them in order, it would probably help.

Vhok
August 2nd, 2015, 02:04
yes that's how we did it stats first then race/class

Inked_aasimar
August 2nd, 2015, 02:28
Wondering if you still had room??

Vhok
August 2nd, 2015, 02:58
message dj I think we are looking for 1 more still but not certain. we are starting Thursday

PixelComposer
August 2nd, 2015, 16:51
will this be an ongoing campaign or just a tester run for newbies?

Vhok
August 2nd, 2015, 21:45
we are full unless someone drops