PDA

View Full Version : Location of Official Module Images?

shemantis
July 28th, 2015, 18:13
Are the images from official modules (Princes of the Apocalypse, for example) stored locally somewhere?
I wanted to edit a few, but can't seem to find them anywhere on my computer.
Thank you!

Trenloe
July 28th, 2015, 18:21
They are stored in an encrypted content vault, so you can't access them directly.

You could do a screen grab of the image opened in Fantasy Grounds - Windows comes with a "snipping" tool that allows you to quickly take a screenshot of a portion of the screen (on Windows 8 press the windows key and start typing snipping - it'll quickly give you a link to the snipping tool).

Or, press the Print Screen key on your keyboard (it's called "PrtScn" on mine) and Fantasy Grounds will store a screenshot of the whole FG window in your <FG App data> directory as a .PNG file. Then open this file in your favourite graphics editing application and cut out the images you want.

shemantis
July 28th, 2015, 18:28
That was my "Plan B," haha. Just figured I'd check if there was a better way. Those screen clippings aren't always the highest quality!
Thank you for your help!

Trenloe
July 28th, 2015, 19:54
Those screen clippings aren't always the highest quality!
If you right click on the image in FG and select "Resize" -> "Original Size" then your screen clip won't lose any quality as FG will be displaying it at the original quality, or as close to it based off the number of colours your graphics card is setup to display.

shemantis
July 28th, 2015, 21:54
Unfortunately, one of the images I wanted to edit was a map....which is wayyyy too big to print-screen, haha. It worked well for the other, smaller images I wanted to add to, though. Thanks again for the help!