PDA

View Full Version : DnD 5e Princes of the Apocalypse Looking to start up a second campaign

jonathon2gb
July 27th, 2015, 14:18
Gamemaster jonathon2gb (Time Zone: CST)
Number of players 5

Come and explore the D&D Princes of the Apocalypse. Looking for a friendly group of players willing to put up with my second DM campaign. We are looking to play evenings in American Time Zone.

Genre Fantasy D&D
Ruleset / Setting D&D 5E / Forgotten Realms
Starting level 3

Please introduce yourself in this chat with a brief idea of what you would like to play in the game. It will be good to start mentioning the times you would be able to make game sessions so that we can work out a reasonable time all can agree to make it.

I have ultimate edition so all are welcome.

Daedalus
July 27th, 2015, 16:31
Do you know what day you are planning to run the game?

jonathon2gb
July 27th, 2015, 16:48
Currently open to any week day other then tuesday was hoping for some player feedback

Daedalus
July 27th, 2015, 17:12
Currently open to any week day other then tuesday was hoping for some player feedback

I am free on Wednesdays

crb31
July 27th, 2015, 20:00
I am interested but only available on Mondays

ripjames
July 27th, 2015, 23:41
I am free to play any day except Sunday's as I already have a campaign that day. I would like to play a sneaky type of character, rogue most likely or maybe some kind of fighter. I have never done well with wizards or sorcerers. Would we be using anything for voice TS/Ventrilo/Skype, would be be using video as well...

Jendar41
July 28th, 2015, 01:19
Hi. I would love to play. I have GM'd a few 5e campaigns, but have been dying for a chance to play. I can play evening except for Thursday (available as early as 6 CST), and could play anytime Saturday or Sunday as well. I would prefer a weekday evening or Saturday or Sunday morning, personally.

I've been dying to play Bazout, a mountain dwarf wizard (or warlock) with a big axe!!

Macabreus
July 28th, 2015, 16:42
I would be willing to do a weekday evening as well, i had a group on tuesdays that fell through. I wouldn't mind being a ranger of sorts, or could even be a monk since that was the next Char type ive never played. Please let me know if this is moving forward, and What i need to do to prepare! thanks!

Baron Von Mandrick
July 28th, 2015, 22:24
I might be able to play on evenings during the week. I'd love to play a fighter type of character, but would also be willing to play a rogue or Paladin if that would work better in the group. Any weekday besides Tuesday would work for me. I'd be available anytime 6PM CST or later. And would be available until around 11:00 or 11:30. I can do a weekend, but would have a more open schedule during the week.

Thanks!

PhorgottenSon
July 29th, 2015, 00:00
I would like to join, but the day of the week and time best for me seems to conflict others. Best time would be Tuesdays 7 or 7:30 PM Central Daylight Time.

MadBadHare
July 29th, 2015, 01:09
Distinct possibility I would be interested as well. Looking for a Tues or Thurs evening game. I am PST (GMT-8) so 7 CST works well for me also.

As for character - I have a 1st level paladin that got played in one game session I wouldn't mind actually getting to play with. I can send the XML -
Or I could go Ranger or Druid.
If I join the campaign I will commit to every week barring anything major that comes up - Not that it should have to be said but I am not a flake. :)

Let me know if you what to chat about it - perhaps TeamSpeak - feel free to message me as well should you want more info.

Thanks for the consideration.

Sprou7

merlin19y
July 29th, 2015, 03:21
Hello I really really want to play. This is the first princes of apocolypse that i've seen close to my time zone.

Im free any night but Monday after 6 PM MST during the week and free on weekends completely. Im good to play with whatever night works best during that time.

I'm up for playing a fighter, paladin, or monk, or rogue. Preference would be a paladin or monk.

jonathon2gb
July 30th, 2015, 16:08
Looking around it seems that Thursday around 7 central. If you would like to sign up for this on https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1546 after signing up please send me a private message describing who exactly your character is and why they would be this far north.

merlin19y
July 30th, 2015, 16:38
I'm signed up. I'm thinking a paladin, I will get it rolled up over the next few days and details to you.

I'm MST so I can join the game at 5:30 MST would that still work. I get home right about then.

Daedalus
July 30th, 2015, 17:33
Sorry I had to bow out due to scheduling. Maybe next time

Severin
July 30th, 2015, 21:24
i just applied on the game calender, i've been trying to find a game and this sounds perfect for me. I would like to give wizard a shot but i am open to filling a role the party needs.

Baron Von Mandrick
July 30th, 2015, 22:06
Hi, I applied as a Fighter, Paladin, or Rogue. I'm willing to try something else though if it's better for the game.

azj5001
July 31st, 2015, 22:26
I applied as a Halfling Fey Warlock. The time and day of week is perfect for me.

Inked_aasimar
August 1st, 2015, 23:08
I'm interested & would be able to play as either a drow warlock or dragonborn fighter on any day of the week except for sunday's & mondays.

dakkonwastes
August 2nd, 2015, 06:16
Me and a friend are interested if your looking for members, we are avail any day after 8eastern us. He wants to run a thiefling rogue, and I'm waffling between human/dragonborn bladelock.

PixelComposer
August 2nd, 2015, 20:00
I'm interested. Time is not much of an issue. I usually play wizards of some kind.

NDDracula
August 4th, 2015, 01:04
Would love to play, Thursdays are a great day for me im CST have standard license. If accepted I would prefer to play a Dwarven Pally, but im game to playing anything we need party wise. I have applied to the calender.

RocDoc
August 4th, 2015, 17:21
I am bran new to these games. I applied, so if your willing to put up with a noob im down.

Teknykk
August 5th, 2015, 06:33
I might be interested, depending on the time and day chosen. I'm an Australian, so I go by AEST (GMT+10) time zone, and I currently run Hoard of the Dragon Queen/The Rise of Tiamat on Saturdays and Sundays, my time, at 8:30 PM until 12:30 AM, as well as play in a smaller campaign, Lost Mines of Phandelver, on Fridays, my time, at 7:30 PM and usually end around 11:30 PM or so. That said, I study during the week, so I would "prefer" to do any D&D playing on weekends when it comes to playing at an American time zone, so if you end up choosing to play on my Saturdays or Sundays when you pick a time and day, then I may be interested, as long as it ends before or around 6 PM my time on either day.

Considering and assuming you're running at CST, I imagine it would be much earlier than that time anyway, as from what I can see, 6 PM my time would convert to somewhere around 1 AM to 3 AM your time, so I'm guessing you'd be running it much earlier than that, during the night. That said, I would be interested in running this campaign, though if we're not doing the little pre-campaign adventure, for levels 1 to 3, then I will likely just play one of my favourites, a Half-Drow Warlock Entertainer who has a Pact of the Tome with the Archfey and is heavily built around battlefield control with enchantment and illusion, distractions out of combat and having probably every possible charisma skill you could think of.

She, for all intents and purposes, looks like a full-blooded Drow with some rather unique features added in to reflect a strong Fey influence, and lives and works in Neverwinter when not adventuring, at the Moonstone Mask, as a Dancer, Instrumentalist with a Harp and Singer, but is also secretly a somewhat respected Agent within the Harpers organisation. If we are indeed starting at level 3, I would be asking if you'd also consider allowing me a Variant familiar, as one of her Rituals from an Invocation would be the Find Familiar spell and if a DM allows, the option to get a more independent familiar is possible, in my case it would just be a Pseudodragon with it's own background and story, so it wouldn't be overly powerful, but very fitting to the character.

My character idea above is a fairly fleshed out one, and not the first time I've used it, but it's one I love and would enjoy playing in this epic campaign, if you're willing to allow the ideas presented above, and hopefully Feats as well. None of it's really out of the standard rules except for the Variant Familiar, that's entirely on your willingness, but I did pick one of the more weaker options out of all the possible options that variant rule allows, because it's purely more for role-play and character detail. In any case, I am interested, but yeah, considering my time zone, and personal things, I would likely only be suited to my weekends, and as long as it's earlier in my day time, which would be your night time periods anyway, and finishes just before it reaches night here.

Baron Von Mandrick
August 6th, 2015, 00:18
I didn't notice the game on the calendar anymore. Is it cancelled or did I just not make the cut? Or was it postponed until another time? It's cool either way, I just wanted to know so that I can that time in my availability while searching for another group, if this game isn't happening, or I'm not in the party.

jonathon2gb
August 6th, 2015, 00:23
Sorry everyone Im going to have to postpone this game to a later time life changes have happened. Sorry to everyone who was looknig forward to this

Baron Von Mandrick
August 6th, 2015, 00:26
No problem. Real life always comes first. Totally understandable. Thanks so much for the reply.