PDA

View Full Version : Missing DM text in Phandelver 5e module

RagingCeltik
July 27th, 2015, 05:59
Not sure what's responsible for this but here it is.

We're playing the 5e starter set Phandelver adventure and in the first part, or P1.04.07, when the story window loads there's a DM dialogue box that's completely empty but should have area descriptive text.

As I understand it each campaign loads a new instance of the original module, so if I edited something in one campaign those changes shouldn't appear in a new one. I started a new test campaign with Phandelver to see if I might have erased the text by accident. It was missing in the fresh campaign as well.

Either I somehow deleted that text from the original module, or it's an error that needs to be patched. Short of finding that text and entering it in myself, I don't know how that content could be restored.

damned
July 27th, 2015, 07:26
Speech Bubble Text:
DM If the goblins have drained either pool to flood the passage, adjust the following boxed text accordingly.

Note - this is not correct either - its the following paragraph that should be in the Speech bubble...

Text:
This cavern is half filled with two large pools of water. A narrow waterfall high in the eastern wall feeds the pool, which drains out the western end of the chamber to form the stream that flows out of the cave mouth below. Low fieldstone walls serve as dams holding the water in. A wide exit stands to the south, while two smaller passages lead west. The sound of the waterfall echoes through the cavern, making it difficult to hear.

Encounter

Three goblins guard this cave. If the goblin in area 5 spotted the characters and warned the goblins here, they are ready for trouble. The noise of the waterfall means that the creatures in area 8 can't hear any fighting that takes place here, and vice versa. Therefore, as soon as a fight breaks out here, one goblin flees to area 8 to warn Klarg.
Rock Dams. The goblins built simple dams to control the flow of water through the heart of the complex. If the goblin sentry in area 5 has called for the goblins here to release a flood, one or both of the pools are mostly empty and the stream is flowing unimpeded.

You can (in the library -> Modules) right click on the LMoP and choose Revert Changes but it will revert all changes...
I think I read somewhere you could revert changes more granularly but I cant find it...

Trenloe
July 27th, 2015, 08:30
I think I read somewhere you could revert changes more granularly but I cant find it...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25250-Modifications-to-module-entries-within-a-campaign

But that won't help if it's wrong to start off with.

damned
July 27th, 2015, 08:41
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25250-Modifications-to-module-entries-within-a-campaign

But that won't help if it's wrong to start off with.

Aye - but mine DOES have text in it...
but its also the wrong text!

RagingCeltik
July 27th, 2015, 23:43
Thanks for your damned help. It was a problem exactly like yours, the DM speech box wasn't set with the proper text, so I wasn't thinking and didn't realize that following paragraph was the correct text.