PDA

View Full Version : New user, suggestion/request, please bump as needed

ScooterZ
July 26th, 2015, 21:54
Hello,
I noticed something in the character selection screen that could be cumbersome in the future.
I would like to see an option in the character sheet to enter a campaign. I'd ask, if this is done, to allow the Character Selection be given a sort feature to allow finding characters by Players and Campaigns.
I haven't been around long. This may be in the works or just not workable.

On another note, I'm checking every day for the DMG added here to FG.

To the creators and developers and the community that came before me...
This is the best money I've spent on DnD since the 80's. Oh and 5th Edition isn't bad either.

Cheers

Trenloe
July 26th, 2015, 22:25
If you've joined a campaign you only see the PCs in that campaign in the character selection screen, or the player's local cache (from "Manage Characters") if connected as a player.

You never see all characters from all campaigns in the character selection screen. As a result, this request isn't relevant in the current FG architecture as adding a "campaign" field to the character sheet would only be seen in the current campaign anyway.

Zacchaeus
July 26th, 2015, 22:32
Characters created by specific players 'belong' to that player and will only be visible at selection to whoever created them, unless the DM clears the owner of the character. Similarly when you join a campaign only the characters created for that campaign are visible to the player who has a character in that campaign. Same for the DM. When he opens a campaign only those characters who were created or imported into that campaign are visible (unless of course he import characters from some other campaign)/ Also the DM can see the owner of the characters fom the character selection screen.

So, I'm wondering under what circumstances would anyone need to sort a list of characters by campaign or owner?

Zacchaeus
July 26th, 2015, 22:33
Well, guess what. Ninja'd by Trenloe :)

ScooterZ
July 28th, 2015, 03:45
I was looking at it from my campaign screen. I have my player's character from another campaign showing in the newest campaign I created. I didn't know the characters were campaign specific. So ya my suggestion is moot.

Zacchaeus
July 28th, 2015, 11:28
I was looking at it from my campaign screen. I have my player's character from another campaign showing in the newest campaign I created. I didn't know the characters were campaign specific. So ya my suggestion is moot.

If you are seeing characters from another campaign then you must at some point have imported these from that campaign into the one you are looking at. I would suggest that you don't do that, and just to keep things tidy delete any characters not from the campaign you have loaded.