PDA

View Full Version : Update Problem

Mantra
July 26th, 2015, 13:51
Hi, looking for some help here.
Earlier today I did my weekly update before my game. When I was updating the latest files I got this message:

SaveToVault: Unable to extract file (modules/DD Hoard of the Dragon Queen.mod) clicked on OK then got much the same.
HandleFile: Unable to save file (modules/DD Hoard of the Dragon Queen.mod) to content of vault

After that now my link desktop link is broken. I have tried running it off my C drive (FG.exe) and get a message that FG.exe has stopped working (see below).
I have tired this as Run as Adm too. I have tried a reinstall several times....still nothing, so I had to cancel running my game :cry:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FantasyGrounds.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 55a00d0a
Fault Module Name: FantasyGrounds.exe

damned
July 26th, 2015, 15:00
Ahhh.... thats crappy Mantra.
What to try?
Are you using teh default file paths/locations?
Go into your %appdata%/fantasy grounds/ directory and locate content.dat and/or content.tmp and delete them.
Go into the program directory - usually something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds and right click the FantasyFroundsUpdater.ee and run as admin.
Let us know what happens next.

Mantra
July 27th, 2015, 02:33
Thanks damned.
This worked like a charm.
I will drop a purse of gold to the deity (FR) of your choice in our next game as tribute.
Thanks again.

damned
July 27th, 2015, 03:05
Paladine - ok not strictly FR but he is my Deity in current campaign :)

Mantra
July 27th, 2015, 03:52
Done. I will work Paladine into the game the next time my players are at a temple...which will probably through everyone off, but that is the fun of it!

Ferghis
August 1st, 2015, 16:34
Ahhh.... thats crappy Mantra.
What to try?
Are you using teh default file paths/locations?
Go into your %appdata%/fantasy grounds/ directory and locate content.dat and/or content.tmp and delete them.
Go into the program directory - usually something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds and right click the FantasyFroundsUpdater.ee and run as admin.
Let us know what happens next.

Having this same problem (but regarding 5e Monster Manual), followed these instructions, still same errors. Even after reboot. Any other ideas?

Ferghis
August 1st, 2015, 18:35
Having this same problem (but regarding 5e Monster Manual), followed these instructions, still same errors. Even after reboot. Any other ideas?
Reattempting an hour and change later, 5e Monster Manual updated (albeit darn slowly). PHB also went fine. Update successful. Please ignore this help request. Thank you.

damned
August 2nd, 2015, 06:28
Hey Ferghis - you using a WiFi connection? If so its probably not quite as reliable a signal as you may be thinking it is...

Ferghis
August 2nd, 2015, 14:56
Hey Ferghis - you using a WiFi connection? If so its probably not quite as reliable a signal as you may be thinking it is...
I tried thinking once, in the seventies. It wasn't for me.

And no wifi connection. Ethernet cable. I tried playing with the bandwidth a lot by taking stuff offline, then even rebooting the computer so that the updater was the only exe running. Made no difference.