PDA

View Full Version : PFS Sanctioned Module - We Be Goblins!

Blackfoot
July 26th, 2015, 10:41
A most unusual adventure for 1st-level goblin characters.

The Licktoad goblins of Brinestump Marsh have stumbled upon a great treasure—fireworks! Yet unfortunately for them, the tribe member responsible for the discovery has already been exiled for the abhorrent crime of writing (which every goblin knows steals words from your head). To remedy this situation, the Licktoads’ leader, His Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gutwad, has declared that the greatest heroes of the tribe must venture forth to retrieve the rest of the fireworks from a derelict ship stranded in the marsh. In order to prove themselves as the Licktoads’ bravest goblins, the PCs must complete a series of dangerous dares, from swallowing bull slugs and braving the dreaded Earbiter to dancing with Squealy Nord himself. Yet even once they’ve proven their mettle, the adventure is just beginning. For the ship in question is far from uninhabited, and Vorka the cannibal goblin would like nothing better than a few tasty visitors....

To join, Post HERE and Sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1543)!

The PCs choose from one of 4 pregenerated goblin characters:
Reta the Fighter, Chuffy the Rogue, Poog the Cleric, and Mogmurch the Alchemist.
This is a replayable starter mission... and one heck of a good time.

Blackfoot
July 26th, 2015, 10:46
When you post... please include your goblin preference... while it is not necessary for everyone to play a different goblin.. it is more fun that way.

Victor
July 26th, 2015, 10:57
I'll give Chuffy the Rogue a try.

xazil
July 26th, 2015, 11:17
I'll play whichever of them, but Mogmurch the Alchemist if its open choice.

xazil
July 27th, 2015, 03:42
I'll play whichever of them, but Mogmurch the Alchemist if its open choice.

Actually, since it looks like I will be with Poog for the 2nd one then I should go there.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 03:43
You don't need to... gives you a chance to mix it up a bit if you want.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 03:44
We haven't had any other sign ups yet.. I can push it back to Thursday if that makes it better for folks.

Vhok
July 27th, 2015, 05:36
haven't played any games yet but this seems interesting. give me a pm. i'd like to play poog if hes open. but seems like he is taken. so the fighter then?>

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 06:08
Welcome aboard Vhok.
I will need the following info in order to assign you a PFS Chronicle at the end of the event (this goes for everyone of course)..
Your Previous Chronicle (makes it simple... all the info is there)
If you haven't played any PFS games before then you won't have one of these ... you'll want to get yourself a PFS # from Paizo (https://secure.paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/myAccount)... then you can use credit for this game for any 1st level character. Build him, and determine what his remaining gold is... pick one of the PFS factions to represent ... then post here:
Character Name:
PFS#
Faction:
Starting Gold (after initial purchases):
If you haven't gotten your character together.. it's no trouble.. I assign the Chronicle with full starting gold and you go from there... I will need the 1st three bits of information through.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 06:19
Vhok, just post your questions here. The Discussion forum is for all the prep discussion about the game.. it's the best place for questions regarding the session...
OH! And sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1543) as well.. that way you can make sure the game time works for you.

Vhok
July 27th, 2015, 06:20
character name: Vhok
pfs# 186520
faction: goblins?

xazil
July 27th, 2015, 06:21
Also note Blackfoot that AxitMaster signed up on the calendar, but no comment here.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 06:25
Yeah.. I noticed.. I thought he was Vhok and approved him even though he didn't post. :(
I'll send him a PM to sort it out.

Vhok.. Download the Guide to Organized Play (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4?Guide-to-Pathfinder-Society-Organized-Play) it will explain all about how the Pathfinder Society works, experience, credit, gold... the whole deal. We are happy to answer questions as well.. but all the info is there.
This Module is a 'little' different than a normal game as the players play Goblins which are not normally legal for organized play.. but you can apply the credit to one of your other characters... or a brand new one. It explains about playing Pregens in the Guide.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 06:26
Xazil.. are you definitely going to play Poog for both runs? Or do you want to play Mogmurch for this one?

Victor
July 27th, 2015, 06:51
I just switched to Chuffy for both games. If I mix it up the it may be me.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 06:53
Uhh.. I think I had you for Chuffy for both Vic... :)
You aren't obligated to do so.. but..

xazil
July 27th, 2015, 07:24
Im happy to stay on Poog for both, although now they are both probably destined to die horribly before making it to part two. :D

Victor
July 27th, 2015, 08:33
Uhh.. I think I had you for Chuffy for both Vic... :)
You aren't obligated to do so.. but..

I had actually put down the cleric for part 2 for a short time on the calendar, but sticking with Chuffy is a better idea for me anyhow. It will also be more RP fun to continue on with the same one.
I would like to apply the credit to a brand new guy:
PFS: 154224-9
Name: Tavos Rabelrod VII
Starting gp: 150 (I'm naked!)
Faction: Sovereign Court

I'll apply the credit for part 2 to him as well when he is high enough to do so.

Vhok
July 27th, 2015, 08:56
I feel like i'm gonna have to bow out I've never even played pathfinder before only 3.5 and this seems a little overwhelming to me at the moment

xazil
July 27th, 2015, 09:02
Its all pretty simple Vhok, the Pathfinder Rules are basically the same as 3.5. PFS (Pathfinder Society) has extra things to allow it to work as an ongoing Convention/Store/Ad-hoc campaign. Basically its just a number and a Faction.

While you are level one you can pretty much change anything you like so you can't really mess up a character as its all fixable. This scenario is even easier as everyone plays Pre-Gens putting people on an even placing.

Victor
July 27th, 2015, 11:26
Vhok, Welcome! I hope to convince you to give it a shot, PFS can seem overwhelming at first, but these modules are designed to make it easy to get started. All you need to do is register and get a PFS #.

Go to paizo.com and create an account
Follow the link on the left for the Pathfinder Society
Follow the link to 'join the Pathfinder Society and create your characte now"
Follow the link to "Register a new Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Character" (NOT CORE) and get a PFS number.
Give your new character a name and randomly pick a faction, then save it.

Done!
Since you are going to be running a pre generated character, you do not have to worry about making any of your character choices yet. Even after you apply the 1xp credit, you can change any aspect of your character until you reach level 2 (3xp). You can take your time going over the Guide to Organized play and any differences in pathfinder from 3.5, build your character anytime you want and apply the credit to them, starting off with 1xp and some gold to spend. Blackfoot just needs the number and faction to know where to report it. We will go over the basics of PFS and help you get stared out via Teamspeak when we play as well, so if you want to give it a shot, this is a good time. :)

AxitMaster
July 27th, 2015, 11:43
Hi

Reta the Fighter will be the one I want.

My PFS details are:
David Charlesworth
Pathfinder Society ID #180338

As for my last chronicle, I would like to apply this to a new character.

Please let me know if there are any more details you need from me.

Looking forward to the game.

Victor
July 27th, 2015, 12:25
Please let me know if there are any more details you need from me.

Looking forward to the game.

Axit, BF will need 3 things.
Your PFS character number, your faction, and your starting gp.
Your character # is the part of your PFS # after the dash. You get that and pick a faction when you create your character on Paizo.
As stated earlier. the faction you choose is unimportant at this point, so just pick one if you have not decided, do not understand factions, or don't care. :)
Your starting gp will be 150 unless you go ahead and make your character choices and buy gear for your character, in which case it will be 150 less the cost of your starting gear.
That should cover it.

xazil
July 27th, 2015, 12:55
I'll put this credit to Graidon Longshanks the Shoanti. :)

AxitMaster
July 27th, 2015, 17:35
Thanks.

This is a new started character I want the credit towards. It has not been made yet and so has no starting gold. Faction will be Grand Lodge. The character ID will be #2 so it wil be PFS ID 180338-2.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 17:53
OK guys. We should be good for tomorrow's game. If Vhok stays with us (which I hope he does) we have the full crew of goblins... if not we have a space open. We can sort out which goblin is who tomorrow if there is still some confusion about it at gametime.
We'll be using the Community Teamspeak Server, the info for which is in my signature line, the password is Dungeoneers.
My FG Server address is posted on the Game Calendar.

Vhok
July 28th, 2015, 06:30
Character Name:Vhok
PFS#186520
Faction:Liberty's edge

Blackfoot
July 28th, 2015, 06:40
Great. I'm glad you decided to give it a try Vhok.

There's a bit of confusion regarding the Pregens... both Vhok and AxitMaster are looking at Reta.
I CAN add another copy of Reta so you can both play her... but... it's probably more fun if one of you plays the Alchemist. (so we have one of each)
I know that Xazil originally said he wanted to play Mogmurch and Vhok originally wanted to play Poog... then.. Xazil switched to Poog before Vhok joined and Vhok switched to Reta before AxitMaster joined... oh bother.. we'll sort it out at gametime. :)
They are all fun characters so it really won't matter much in the end.

Vhok
July 28th, 2015, 06:48
i'm on teamspeak if you could come on fast?

Blackfoot
July 28th, 2015, 06:49
Sure.

cmdisc
July 28th, 2015, 11:09
Mogmurch the Alchemist is a blast to play...

...quite literally too. :)

cmdisc
July 28th, 2015, 12:27
FYI, my plans for today have changed, so I'd be interested in being first Alternate in the event that someone doesn't make it. Character info will follow if needed.

Blackfoot
July 28th, 2015, 15:59
I think we are set.. but I'll let you know if that changes for some reason. Thanks.

cmdisc
July 28th, 2015, 21:17
Hey. Missed the email. Just sat down at the computer and saw it. I hope everything went well with 3 + NPC.

Vhok
July 29th, 2015, 01:02
he got his connection fixed so it was all 4 :)

Victor
July 29th, 2015, 04:37
That was a lot of fun guys. It was fun to take off the Pathfinder Mantle and wear the slimy, warty skin of a scum with questionable morals. Oh wait, that's my Pathfinder Mantle after all..
Can't wait til part too!

AxitMaster
July 29th, 2015, 11:41
Thanks for the game I really enjoyed it. Sorry for the initial problems and thanks to all for your patience in me getting sorted out.

Blackfoot
July 30th, 2015, 22:19
The game has been reported and all the chronicles sent out. Let me know if there are any questions or issues.