PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 1E Ruleset (1st Draft) Available For Download!

Elric
January 1st, 2005, 05:19
If you have a purchased version of Fantasy Grounds and you'd like to take a look and let me know how it looks or what needs to be added or changed, the file is available here (https://www.otalisman.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=52&lid=132). :D

Gvikar
January 1st, 2005, 05:59
Looks good! How long did it take to do all that?

And I do like the old book covers and TSR symbol! Very fitting!

Edit: I also was wondering, what program did you use to build it?

Elric
January 1st, 2005, 13:37
It took a shade over 2 weeks and I used Dreamweaver MX 2004. There's still work left to do (I'd like to get at least the rest of the Monster Manual in there), but I need more eyes looking at it for typos and such. :D

Elric
January 2nd, 2005, 04:47
2nd Draft
* Fixed up the Personalities/NPC form.

1st Draft
* Initial release.

Elric
January 2nd, 2005, 23:13
3rd Draft
* 'Finalized' the Player Character sheet. Adjustments should be able to be dragged to the modifier box. Entries should now stay 'in-bounds'.

NOTE: If you are 'upgrading to Draft 3 from Draft 2 (or Draft 1), you will need to delete ANY/ALL Characters created with either of the previous Drafts. Many entries were changed from String Values to Numbers and old characters will not work. Hopefully I've completed what I need to with the Character Sheet and we won't run into this again.

This should take care of all the blatant errors that I've run into the last couple of days. Be sure and let me know if you run across anything! :D

Elric
January 12th, 2005, 03:52
4th Draft
* Updated to match the Fantasy Grounds 1.03 Patch.
* Small bug fixes and typos.

msd
January 29th, 2005, 01:01
I downloaded this to try and see what kinds of things you had done with customization.

Looking at the monsters...there's plenty of monsters that begin with A and B, and then it seems to jump to O (Ogre)...

Is this right? Do you get what I am seeing?

Elric
January 29th, 2005, 03:21
I've added a BUNCH of Monsters since that last Draft. I have about 50 more to input to complete the 1E Monster Manual.

Once I get done, it should be ready for an 'official' release (no longer in 'draft' mode). :D

msd
January 29th, 2005, 03:22
I've added a BUNCH of Monsters since that last Draft. I have about 50 more to input to complete the 1E Monster Manual.

Once I get done, it should be ready for an 'official' release (no longer in 'draft' mode). :D

Ah! Awesome...I just was interested (havent played AD&D in so long :D )

Elric
January 29th, 2005, 03:31
I just bought Dundjinni - so I've been spending my time getting a Classic Module converted. :wink:

heliopolix
January 29th, 2005, 04:42
Dundjinni rocks. I would definitely reccomend anyone who intends to GM over FG to look into it. Even if you just GM games at your house (or whatever) the mapping abilities and the community that makes bundles of free textures and stuff makes it an invaluable tool. As far as your Ruleset goes, Elric, I'm really looking forward to the Official Release. It will be cool (or at least nostalgic) to run in it. Get to dig out the old THAC0 mindset again lol.

Helio

Bagpuss2
January 29th, 2005, 09:25
I've found if you export BMP from Dundjinni at 50 pixels, they work out just the right sort of size for Eric's counters.

Elric
January 30th, 2005, 17:59
I've placed an updated monsters.xml file in the File Section so that everyone that is using the ruleset can be updated thru today.

The file is located here (https://www.otalisman.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=52&lid=146). :-D

Tashanen
January 31st, 2005, 19:23
My brother and I are starting on inputing MM2.

Elric
February 1st, 2005, 00:30
You know that you can do that directly into my AD&D C.A.P., on my site, and then it will dump the XML code needed to add them into the ruleset. :)

Elric
April 28th, 2005, 01:50
Please note that my site has changed from https://www.otalisman.com TO https://www.fantasticadventures.net :D