PDA

View Full Version : [FGDAZE] D&D 5E - Undermountain, Through the Yawning Portal

LordEntrails
July 25th, 2015, 23:08
The word has gone out, bards have been paid to tell the stories, posters have been couriered through the Realms; brave souls are needed to once more tame the Undermountain. More than a decade ago the mad wizard Halaster died, but rather than becoming less dangerous, it seems more dangerous now than ever before.
Stout warriors, knowledgeable arcanists, devout priests, and reliable rogues are sought to make their fortunes and purge the evil from beneath the City.

Play Time - 08:00 MST (-0700)
Genre - Dungeon Delve
Ruleset/Setting - D&D 5th Edition / Forgotten Realms
Calendar Entry - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1540
Characters - 2nd Level Pregens Provided
Voice: Teamspeak on ts.fg-con.com with headset

This will be a three hour delve. I've been working on developing a FG 5E version of the legendary Undermountain dungeon. Incorporating information from published accessories from Ruins of Undermountain (1991) through Halls of Undermountain (2012) but adopted for the next generation of adventurers. If you've delved through the Undermountain before, you will recognize the places, but with new twists, traps and monsters your experience might just lead you astray. If you've never experienced the Undermountain, now is the time to partake in a small portion of this epic adventure.

All players welcomed, experience with D&D 5E and Fantasy Grounds not required.

Post any questions, comments, etc in this thread.

damned
July 26th, 2015, 01:49
Sounds awesome LordEntrails!

BranHelsing
July 26th, 2015, 03:18
This looks like a blast. What pregens are available?

LordEntrails
July 26th, 2015, 06:49
Working on the pregens now. if you want to request a build or generate your own, let me know. as long as such is done far enough in advance I have no problem with that.

Right now I've created (all level 2):
[Name, class, background, race, sex, other, alignment]
- Niserie, cleric (Mieliki), acolyte, wood elf, female, domain of nature, NG
- Edgar Scarface, cleric (Tempus), gladiator, half orc, male, domain of tempest, CN
- Rhogdinn, barbarian, urchin, dragonborn (white), male, CG
- Rorgo Rockhelm, paladin (Ilmater), soldier, dwarf (mountain), male, LG
- Rrohd Grimcutter, fighter, folk hero, half-orc, male, NG
- Alunair Songdancer, ranger, outlander, half-elf, female, CG
- Drake Grave, rogue, noble, human, male, CN
- Fate Nemisis, rogue, pirate, halfling (lightfoot), female, CG

LordEntrails
July 28th, 2015, 04:25
If you would like to reserve a character, post here which one you would like.

I've rounded out the possibilities with a few more:
[Name, class, background, race, sex, other, alignment]
- Comet Darksilver, warlock (fey), charlatan, tiefling, male, NG
- Quake Royal, wizard (evocation), sage, elf (high), male, NG
- Talon Lordkiller, sorceror (wild magic), hermit, gnome (forest), male, CG
- Paradox, monk, spy, human, male, LN

Xav
July 28th, 2015, 10:44
I'll take Rorgo Rockhelm please.

Wolfheart
July 28th, 2015, 11:43
Hi there, I have applied, this will be my first time trying to connect with other people using Fantasy Grounds.
I'd like to play either Niserie or Alunair, alternatively (if you allow it) a human male cleric of any deity you think is appropriate.

munter
July 28th, 2015, 12:17
I'll use Talon Lordkiller please.

Macabreus
July 28th, 2015, 16:55
Has this campaign started yet? if not, Id love to join. I didnt see what day of the week it was though

Trenloe
July 28th, 2015, 18:23
Has this campaign started yet? if not, Id love to join. I didnt see what day of the week it was though
It's a one-shot, as part of the FGDaze2 gameday on 15th August. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24687-FGDaze-has-arrived!

LordEntrails
July 29th, 2015, 03:37
Yep, just what Trenloe said. It's a one time event on Saturday, August 15th.

Looks like we've filled up, thanks all. If you didn't make it in and are still interested, still signup and let me know here so that in case anyone can't make it we'll have a wait list.

BranHelsing
July 30th, 2015, 16:15
Oops. I had expressed interest but apparently neglected to join on the calendar. I'll hop on the waitlist.

flashingturtle
July 30th, 2015, 17:34
Ill take Drake Grave if possible please

Ahoggya
July 30th, 2015, 18:17
I have created a Dwarf Life Cleric to bring in using the point buy system with 27 points. Sage Background. Or I could take the Wood Elf cleric, which ever is good with you.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2015, 05:35
Looks like someone dropped. From what I can tell, BranHelsing was first on the wait list, so I've accepted that application.
So, here's the list and the wait list order as best I can tell;

Accpted:

Werd

Wolfheart

Xav
Rorgo
Paladin

flashingturtle
Drake
Rogue

Branhelsing

munter

Waitlist:
Macabreus
Ahoggya

BranHelsing
July 31st, 2015, 07:06
What's the party's makeup at this point? I'll roll with whatever best serves its need.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2015, 22:54
I've updated the above post to list claimed characters.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2015, 23:00
Ok, looks like munter dropped out. Here's the updated player list along with selected characters.

Wolfheart, let me know which character of the two, or if you want to send me a a character you've created.

Accepted:

Ahoggya

Wolfheart

Xav
Rorgo
Paladin

flashingturtle
Drake
Rogue

Branhelsing

Macabreus
Paradox
Monk

BranHelsing
August 2nd, 2015, 16:49
I'd like to adapt my old dwarf Barbarian to the game, if that's alright? I could export the character for you to approve.

LordEntrails
August 3rd, 2015, 01:18
Please do, I'll send a pm with my email addy. Anyone else who cares to can as well (just post or send me a pm). As long as I get them the first part of this week I can review, approve and import.

Wolfheart
August 4th, 2015, 21:48
LordEntrails, sorry I haven't responded, for some reason I haven't received more thread updates by mail. I'll take the Mielikki cleric. I *might* have to drop out because real life and will know for sure within a day and let you know (I'm really trying to be able to participate though, the lure of Undermountain is strong)

Trenloe
August 4th, 2015, 21:51
for some reason I haven't received more thread updates by mail.
The email notification mentions "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again." The notifications are specifically built to only send you one "new message" notification for each of your subscribed thread - you need to return to the forum and read the thread in question to allow further notifications.

Wolfheart
August 4th, 2015, 22:22
Ah, I see - I should have noticed that. Thanks.

LordEntrails
August 5th, 2015, 03:39
No problem Wolfheart, RL is always more important. Besides, I plan on running some part of Undermountain each month for FGDaze. I'm looking to develop it for distribution, so need to play test it lots.

Waitlist:
inked_aasimar

Accepted:

Ahoggya

Wolfheart
Niserie
Cleric

Xav
Rorgo
Paladin

flashingturtle
Drake
Rogue

Branhelsing
Urist
Barbarian

Macabreus
Paradox
Monk

BranHelsing
August 5th, 2015, 03:59
Did you receive my e-mail with my character info?

Wolfheart
August 6th, 2015, 12:41
LordEntrails (great name btw) I have withdrawn from the game, sorry for the hassle, but there was no way I could escape.
Good luck with the game, and I certainly wouldn't mind reading a journal from the experience (or watching a play video)

LordEntrails
August 7th, 2015, 20:11
No problem Wolfheart. Thanks for letting me know and not just disappearing. Keep a look at for another delve into the Undermountain at the next FGDaze. Don't think I will record it. Might see about turning the log into a journal though. (Never done that, so not sure what it would take). Ahoggya, thanks for letting me know, enjoy your game :)

Note, I should have said this earlier, but if you're first on the waitlist, you are welcome to login on game day in case someone doesn't show.

Waitlist:
Billy_Battlehammer
MTS
Dracon

Accepted:

Agent_OhiO

inked_aasimar

Xav
Rorgo
Paladin

flashingturtle
Drake
Rogue

Branhelsing
Urist
Barbarian

Macabreus
Paradox
Monk

MTS
August 8th, 2015, 04:10
I see you already have 6 players. I'd love to join if anyone drops out. I'd be happy to play anyone that you need to make the party complete - I'm flexible.

LordEntrails
August 8th, 2015, 04:29
MTS, submit an app on the calendar and then stick around. We've had a bit of a turnover so a slot may open up. Plus if you log in on the 15th and someone doesn't show, then we'll get you set up. I try to keep the waitlist in order of people signing up, and fill up any spots by that order. Right now Billy B is first on the waitlist, but sign up and you'll be second :)

LordEntrails
August 15th, 2015, 05:14
Ok, looks like Xav dropped. Hopefully everyone will show in the morning. If you're on the waitlist, feel free to log in in case of a no show. Current list;

Waitlist:
MTS
Nanael

Accepted:

Agent_OhiO

inked_aasimar

Billy Battlehammer

flashingturtle
Drake
Rogue

Branhelsing
Urist
Barbarian

Macabreus
Paradox
Monk

flashingturtle
August 15th, 2015, 14:23
sorry guys I'm going to have to drop out. congratulations to whoever gets my place

MTS
August 15th, 2015, 15:10
Looking for server info...

LordEntrails
August 15th, 2015, 15:54
FG Alias: idle quill meek bard
Password: Halaster
TeamSpeak Channel: Undermountain

You can also find it on the calendar entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1540

LordEntrails
August 15th, 2015, 16:10
We have multiple no shows, anyone who wants to join, jump on in in the next 15 minutes (by 1530 GMT) and will be happy to have you.

MTS
August 15th, 2015, 19:16
That was awesome fun. I'd like to get more into roleplaying, but thank you so much for showing more of how FG works. Loved your adventure!

LordEntrails
August 15th, 2015, 19:31
Glad you enjoyed it. It was fun playing with you, Naneal & Raitaith.

Sorry it took so long for us to get started. All the no shows didn't help.

BranHelsing
August 16th, 2015, 00:57
I didn't mean to be a no show. I had this in my calendar for 9:00 p.m. EST for some reason. Many apologies for the dastardly inconvenience. Wish I could have participated, but I'm glad there were standbys.

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2015, 04:45
@BranHelsing, Thanks for letting me know. Sorry you missed the game. Not sure why it wasn't clear, but I imagine that's what happened to some of the others as well. If you can tell me how/why you came up with that time it might help me prevent such confusion in the future.

Wolfheart
August 16th, 2015, 06:01
Lord o' Entrails, you spoke of doing more Undermountain. Do you have any guesstimate for a date (so I can try to make room in my schedule should I get a free spot)? :)

flashingturtle
August 16th, 2015, 06:14
yeah sorry i made a basic error with my time conversions gmt and bst and time was too tight

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2015, 06:16
I plan to for each FGDaze, plus when the info for applying to FGCon 7 gets posted I will pursue that venue as well. Glad you are interested :)

BranHelsing
August 18th, 2015, 03:28
@BranHelsing, Thanks for letting me know. Sorry you missed the game. Not sure why it wasn't clear, but I imagine that's what happened to some of the others as well. If you can tell me how/why you came up with that time it might help me prevent such confusion in the future.

Either I misconverted or I thought I saw that time posted on the calendar at some point. Quite lamentable. I was totally looking forward to it.