PDA

View Full Version : Problem updating FG v3.1.2

chillybilly
July 25th, 2015, 17:35
Tried to update FG this morning. Got a

HandleFile
Unable to save file (rulessets/3.5E.pak)

Error. Never have encountered trouble like this before.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 18:32
Try running FG as administrator - right-click on the start icon and select "Run as Administrator" then do an update.

If this doesn't work, go to your <FG app data>\rulesets directory and rename 3.5E.pak to 3.5E_old.pak and re-run an update.

chillybilly
July 25th, 2015, 19:03
Thanks for the reply.

Running as admin didn't work although renaming 3.5 like you suggested did. Then I got teh same error for the next ruleset so I renamed and then an error for the next and so on.

Finally, while the updater was checking package SWKO1 for updates, I got this error: HandleFile, Unable to save file (fantasyGrounds.exe). I couldn't find a SWKO1 pak to rename so I am stuck.

Any suggestions?

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2015, 19:31
Whenever there is an unable to save error in the updater, this is just the updater telling you that the OS won't let the updater save the file to disk. It is usually caused by a lack of security permissions, which running the updater as an administrator usually solves.

This usually happens if you have specified an alternate location for the FG data or app directories, or installed FG as a different user than the one currently running the app.

You can open FG application directory as noted in your Settings and manually delete the files in the app directory, then rerun the installer from the download section of website.

Regards,
JPG

chillybilly
July 25th, 2015, 20:38
I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled. That did the trick.