PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds.exe Error on Loading Game

Winekist
July 25th, 2015, 17:25
Hello, I am a paid subscription user to Fantasy Grounds. I downloaded the launcher app as well as a few modules for the ranger class. The program worked well all of yesterday, but this morning when I tried creating a new character the game crashed repeatedly on me. It begins loading to my DM's game and just will not continue to load at all. Now it crashes before I even click on anything.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game three times, rebooting my computer, and deleting all the local files. Nothing seems to work. Help?

I have Windows 8.1 for the PC. Enclosed is an image of the error I am having. Thank you for your help!

Mask_of_winter
July 25th, 2015, 17:30
Is your DM running any 5e modules purchased from the store? If so, is he force loading them to the players?

Winekist
July 25th, 2015, 18:12
I asked my DM, he said he is forceloading them. He says his intent is to share the content with the player characters while running the game, as he has quite a bit more modules than we do. Is he doing this incorrectly?

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 18:23
I asked my DM, he said he is forceloading them. He says his intent is to share the content with the player characters while running the game, as he has quite a bit more modules than we do. Is he doing this incorrectly?
GM's should not force load, nor "allow" adventure modules - only library modules. If they are force loaded, or allowed and the players open them, then all/most of the content is loaded all at once - which usually results in players encountering the errors you're seeing.

The GM should "block" or leave as undefined (if they haven't shared it already) any adventure modules. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Availability