PDA

View Full Version : Twilight 2000 / Twilight 2013

JerryRig
July 25th, 2015, 16:05
Has there been any completion of a gaming system to run Twilight 2000 (T2K) or Twilight 2013 (T2K13) on in FG? I know they used the REFLEX system by the original books but just curious if anyone has converted it to Savage worlds or anything like that?

I would like to fire up a game of it if I can find a system to support the character sheets and map system.

etropic
July 26th, 2015, 23:23
I would love to play 2000. I was reading up on ruleset customization yesterday, but running a large campaign at the moment and wouldn't have the time to dig into it.

Mirloc
July 27th, 2015, 00:39
I remember running an extended Twilight 2000 campaign way back when it was new...

After reading this I dug through my rulebooks and I believe that there would not even be that much to make a child ruleset from CoreRPG, or you could simply make a custom character sheet and pretty much be done with it. The game mechanics are not that complex really. The really complex stuff is the character generation section Favoring/Slighting and such things as Rank (Divide time in combat by 10, round down. Roll 1d6 and subtract 1 on a 1 or 2, and add 1 on a 5 or 6) which would be far easier (IMHO) to just roll this manually and enter it into the custom character sheet.

This is an EXCELLENT tutorial for making a custom character sheet: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23138-Share-Game-System-Character-Sheets, I've used it myself several times for playing HeroQuest on FG.

You might want to use the MoreCore extension, but other than that, I think you can whip out the character sheet in an hour or so depending on your skill level with FG.

etropic
July 27th, 2015, 18:00
Good point!
Ya, especially to start, doing the complex creation manually I fine. Ok, ill check it out, might have some time this week.

JerryRig
July 28th, 2015, 00:24
I'll dig into the character sheet deal. Would be nice if the rolling could match up with the dice system used in it (REFLEX) or if someone already had a converted version of it like running it with Savage worlds or one of the Travelers versions.

etropic
August 7th, 2015, 23:55
The more I think about this the more I get interested. Started going through the ruleset customization wiki. Also picked up digital copies of v2.2 ruleset.... just need some time!

JerryRig
August 20th, 2015, 22:31
Ya I worked on some sheets for the basics of it but would be nice to make it more converted to the REFLEX system the game uses. Otherwise have to convert it to a different dice system to make it work with something like savage worlds.

etropic
August 20th, 2015, 23:26
Looks like the REFLEX system was used for the 2013 remake and wasn't well received compared to the previous 2.1 version? I haven't played it have you had experience?
https://youtu.be/bEALUr87_LQ

JerryRig
August 22nd, 2015, 17:32
I have not used the 2013. I just liked the advanced mechanics to it but sounds like the politics of the genre was a big mess up. I can ignore that and use T2K 2.1 stuff that was dialed in. Never got that much into the depths of the politics for characters on why a country was doing something as the politics of a warlord or group were doing as small squads had a lot less care of the huge picture as they did with their local picture.