PDA

View Full Version : IFT with IMMUNE on conditions

leus
July 25th, 2015, 14:15
Hi,
I'm new and try to understand the wonderful capabilities to automate many things, but i have an issue to automate protection from evil, so I have cut in small steps
IFT:type(undead);IMMUNE:charmed : it's not ok, this is the issue

IFT:type(undead);GRANTDISATK : it's ok
IMMUNE:charmed : it's ok for everybody
IFT:type(undead);IMMUNE:radiant : it's ok, take no radiant damage from the undead

i've changed charmed by grappled, same result

thanks

kylania
July 25th, 2015, 15:13
What Trenloe is about to say...

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 15:18
Hi,
I'm new and try to understand the wonderful capabilities to automate many things, but i have an issue to automate protection from evil, so I have cut in small steps
IFT:type(undead);IMMUNE:charmed : it's not ok, this is the issue

IFT:type(undead);GRANTDISATK : it's ok
IMMUNE:charmed : it's ok for everybody
IFT:type(undead);IMMUNE:radiant : it's ok, take no radiant damage from the undead

i've changed charmed by grappled, same result

thanks
You're right - it appears that conditional effects don't apply to IMMUNE: <condition>. They work fine with IMMUNE: <damage type>.

leus
July 25th, 2015, 15:34
thanks, I've understood that before I try this : IMMUNE:charmed : it's ok from any source
and monster like zombies have immunity about damage poison and about conditions poisoned

so there are different behaviors for IMMUNE with IFT or without

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2015, 16:13
what trenloe is about to say...

rofl :D

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 16:30
What Trenloe is about to say...
Actually, I'm wrong. Despite the Effects Wiki page saying that IMMUNE is for damage types, it also works with conditions.

Sorry leus, my comments in post#3 are incorrect. I'll update that post.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 16:35
so there are different behaviors for IMMUNE with IFT or without
Yes, that appears to be the case.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2015, 18:57
Actually, I'm wrong. Despite the Effects Wiki page saying that IMMUNE is for damage types, it also works with conditions.

Now, I'm kind of hesitant to post this because Trenloe is, of course, a god. However I'm going to anyway.

The OP says that the effect IMMUNE: charmed works for everyone, suggesting that there is some way for FG to know that, for example, a 'Charm Person' spell is being cast on the target. Now unless there are even more dramatic changes than I'm aware of there is no way that FG can know that such a spell is being cast, far less, that it would be able to determine whether a character had immunity so such shenanigans. All that IMMUNE: charmed would do, if dragged to a character, would be to act as a flag letting the character know that they were under such an effect.

In his other example the OP says IFT:type(undead);IMMUNE:radiant works. I agree it does work, but the IMMUNE part is looking at a damage type which the Wiki suggests is the only thing that the IMMUNE condition can test for.

From what Trenloe says he appears to be suggesting that the keyword also works with conditions but is this really correct? Or am I completely misunderstanding what is being proposed here?

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 19:53
The OP says that the effect IMMUNE: charmed works for everyone, suggesting that there is some way for FG to know that, for example, a 'Charm Person' spell is being cast on the target. Now unless there are even more dramatic changes than I'm aware of there is no way that FG can know that such a spell is being cast, far less, that it would be able to determine whether a character had immunity so such shenanigans. All that IMMUNE: charmed would do, if dragged to a character, would be to act as a flag letting the character know that they were under such an effect.

From what Trenloe says he appears to be suggesting that the keyword also works with conditions but is this really correct? Or am I completely misunderstanding what is being proposed here?
If you have an effect, for example: IMMUNE: charmed on a creature and you try to apply the "charmed" condition to that creature then FG doesn't apply the condition and reports "Target immune to effect." This is functionality I was unaware of, I'd thought IMMUNE worked only for damage types (as per the effects documentation) - but it works for conditions too.

Erak
July 25th, 2015, 21:19
Hi everyone

I copied an effect of wiki (IFT:TYPE(dragon); DMG:3d6) and its didn't work in the way i expected.

I tested with a lich and a dragon and both receive the damage (3d6). It seems that the effect isn't distinguishing the type of creature. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Could you help me?

thanks

PS: sorry my english. It is not my home language.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 21:36
I copied an effect of wiki (IFT:TYPE(dragon); DMG:3d6) and its didn't work in the way i expected.

I tested with a lich and a dragon and both receive the damage (3d6). It seems that the effect isn't distinguishing the type of creature. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.
What ruleset are you using (assuming 5E but please confirm)?

This works fine for me with an Adult Black Dragon and Lich from the MM.

Please provide a screenshot of the combat tracker with all of the effects sections expanded so we can get an idea of where there might be an issue.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2015, 22:16
If you have an effect, for example: IMMUNE: charmed on a creature and you try to apply the "charmed" condition to that creature then FG doesn't apply the condition and reports "Target immune to effect." This is functionality I was unaware of, I'd thought IMMUNE worked only for damage types (as per the effects documentation) - but it works for conditions too.

Wow, I didn't know this either. Good spot!

Crymoricus
July 26th, 2015, 03:30

Sorry leus, my comments in post#3 are incorrect. I'll update that post.

Ha! That means Kylania was wrong too! What are the odds?

kylania
July 26th, 2015, 03:35
Ha! That means Kylania was wrong too! What are the odds?

Oh, I was wrong from the start. I totally missed the part he said was working and had asked what the problem was. So since I'd read it wrong and saw Trenloe had already responded I edited my post. :)

Erak
July 26th, 2015, 23:03
I'm using 5E ruleset

Here my screen.

I hope that I'm using the effect correctly

Trenloe
July 26th, 2015, 23:09
I'm using 5E ruleset
Looks like you're not running version 3.1.2?

When you load up a 5E campaign you should see versions 3.1.2 for both CoreRPG and 5E:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/5E%203.1.2%20chat.jpg

Erak
July 26th, 2015, 23:18
That's my screen when i load my campaign

Erak
July 26th, 2015, 23:25
I see both v.3.1.2 when i load up. Strange. I wonder if my fg is with some kind of malfunction.

Trenloe
July 26th, 2015, 23:25
That's my screen when i load my campaign
Try it without the "Remove Effect Tag" extension. This extension hasn't been updated to 3.1.2 yet and is causing this issue.

Erak
July 26th, 2015, 23:33
It worked. You are the man!!!!! You solve the issue.

Thanks a lot.

:D