PDA

View Full Version : Problems Hosting Players sometimes don't connect

goonalan
July 24th, 2015, 23:08
First off, I don't know what I'm doing with regard to FG (and computers in general) I've tried to follow the FAQ's etc. here's the low down

Player connects only sometimes- internet drops and the player cannot reconnect.

I created a player and connected via Local Host and so Firewall is open, confirmed in settings.

Downloaded and run Port Forward- says 1802 is NOT OPEN or UNREACHABLE

Used PFConfig to open 1802- says all done

Try again with Port Forward and still 1802 is NOT OPEN or UNREACHABLE

I don't understand how to make a Static IP address- I understand the concept but not how to do it, it looks a little scary.

There was something about checking my router uPnP but I don't understand this, for which I am very sorry. I've been through quite a few troubleshooter programs via the Control Panel but in all honesty I don't really know what I'm doing.

I think from what I have read I either have to have a static IP address, or else (more likely perhaps) I need to open port 1802.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks goonalan

Oh I have an Ultimate license, I bought it yesterday...

damned
July 24th, 2015, 23:45
Goonalan - Im heading into a training course just now but I can help you with this directly later today if you dont get it resolved.

Basically -

Open FG and Choose Load Campaign and check your Internal IP.
Log onto your Router and create a new Port Forward and Forward TCP 1802 to TCP 1802 on your Internal IP (from above)
If it asks for a range of ports use start 1802 end 1802. UDP not required. Dont worry if these terms look gobbledegook to you - just re-read and add only the above values where required.

After you have done this if it still doesnt work - reboot router and retest.

If it still doesnt work - do you have a modem/router AND a wifi/router? You may have a double NAT scenario going... to test do this:
Click [start] and type cmd
Hit Enter
type
tracert 8.8.8.8
and press enter
Paste the first 6 lines in here.

Ill also PM you.

goonalan
July 25th, 2015, 00:37
Goonalan - Im heading into a training course just now but I can help you with this directly later today if you dont get it resolved.

Basically -

Open FG and Choose Load Campaign and check your Internal IP.
Log onto your Router and create a new Port Forward and Forward TCP 1802 to TCP 1802 on your Internal IP (from above)
If it asks for a range of ports use start 1802 end 1802. UDP not required. Dont worry if these terms look gobbledegook to you - just re-read and add only the above values where required.

After you have done this if it still doesnt work - reboot router and retest.

If it still doesnt work - do you have a modem/router AND a wifi/router? You may have a double NAT scenario going... to test do this:
Click [start] and type cmd
Hit Enter
type
tracert 8.8.8.8
and press enter
Paste the first 6 lines in here.

Ill also PM you.

Apologies, again, but what does log on to your router mean, am I not logged on all of the time- if not how do I do this?

Cheers PDR

goonalan
July 25th, 2015, 00:49
I went on the internet and found that I had to put my IP address in the internet address bar, my IP address according to Fantasy Grounds (Internal) is 192.168.0.2 I did that but I just got an unable to connect message, which is odd because I'm on the internet, or am I getting this wrong.

However when I put in 192.168.0.1 I get a pop asking me for a log in- I have no idea what my password etc. is for this log in, my router was set up 9 years ago by the company that supplied my internet connection... is this right, am I doing the right thing. If so how do I go about finding out my log in details for my router.

Also I wont be around here for much longer, it's quarter to 1 in the morning now here in the UK.

Sorry again.

Cheers PDR

Nylanfs
July 25th, 2015, 01:43
Put in "password" and admin for the user. Chances are they didn't change it.