PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.1.2

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2015, 21:51
Fantasy Grounds v3.1.2 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release is primarily focused on fixes and minor enhancements.

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Cheers,
JPG

WhtZombie
July 24th, 2015, 22:47
Awesome, thanks I have been looking forward to this update. I had to search the forums to find the following info so I thought I would put it here for others. The following extensions are no longer needed:
Optional Conditions
Alignment Conditions
Move Dice Tower
Alt Wound Colors
HP Under Zero
Original Post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24825-Test-Release-v3-1-2&p=218857&viewfull=1#post218857

HoloGnome
July 25th, 2015, 06:22
After updating, I am seeing lots of script errors with portraits and tokens as shown below. Everything was working fine prior to the update.

This one shows up when trying to open a PFRPG character sheet:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:94: attempt to index global 'ColorManager' (a nil value)

This one shows up when the PFRPG campaign is loading:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:110: attempt to index global 'ColorManager' (a nil value)

Also, I can no longer move tokens to character sheets and the token images that were on the character sheets are now missing.

JohnD
July 25th, 2015, 06:26
Ran a game tonight. The skip if hidden in the CT was great... really cut down on CK confusion.

kane280484
July 25th, 2015, 11:21
Can anyone post an example or two of ALIGN effects? I.e. Smite Evil in PFRPG?

Nickademus
July 25th, 2015, 11:45
Ran a game tonight. The skip if hidden in the CT was great... really cut down on CK confusion.

Played in a game the day of the update. The GM was very confused why it kept skipping his gnolls. I had to inform him that the update added this and show him how to turn it off (though why it is set to on by default in beyond me). I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2015, 13:14
Can anyone post an example or two of ALIGN effects? I.e. Smite Evil in PFRPG?

The syntax would be something like IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMG: 1d8. I don't know what Divine Smite is in PFRPG but I'm fairly sure the syntax will be the same across all of the game types. Check out the Wiki for more information as to what can appear in the brackets.

HoloGnome
July 25th, 2015, 14:13
Is anyone else seeing the script errors and token problem? For me, the new release is unusable. I tried making new campaigns with no extensions and using the built-in theme in both PFRPG and 5e and see the same issues.

In 5e, the script error is at line 78 (vs. 94 in PFRPF):
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:78: attempt to index global 'ColorManager' (a nil value)

dulux-oz
July 25th, 2015, 14:31
Is anyone else seeing the script errors and token problem? For me, the new release is unusable. I tried making new campaigns with no extensions and using the built-in theme in both PFRPG and 5e and see the same issues.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:78: attempt to index global 'ColorManager' (a nil value)

I'm not seeing it Gnome - the ColorManager is defined in the CoreRPG base.xml file, so if its happening to you then it should be happening to all Rulesets which are child Rulesets of the CoreRPG. It also means that either:
a) something is corrupt (ie the CoreRPG), or
b) something is "replacing" the definition of ColorManager from the CoreRPG base.xml file.

All I can suggest is removing the Rulesets (the .pak files) from their current location on your HDD, ensuring that you have "Live" selected in the FG Settings, and running a fresh update.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 14:36

Sounds like you're not running CoreRPG 3.1.2 - check the version for the "CoreRPG ruleset" in the chat window when you load up a campaign. It must be 3.1.2. If it isn't, check in your <FG app data>\rulesets directory for a directory called CoreRPG - rename it if one exists. If a CoreRPG directory doesn't exist, delete CoreRPG.pak and run an update.

HoloGnome
July 25th, 2015, 15:33
OK...thx Trenloe. Will chk when I get home. But just ran the normal update. However, just remembered that I have modified fonts in corerpg. Maybe that had some impact.

...and also thx to Oz for the reply & info.

HoloGnome
July 25th, 2015, 16:59
OK - I ditched my PFRPG and CoreRPG rulesets and everything is fine. So...it didn't like something about my CoreRPG ruleset I guess. It's strange that it wasn't updated as part of the update process. Does the updater skip rulesets that have been customized?

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 17:01
Does the updater skip rulesets that have been customized?
How did you customise them? A directory in \rulesets or did you re-package up the .PAK files and removed any directories you'd used?

Tel Arin
July 25th, 2015, 17:07
[CoreRPG+] Options added whether to show health details, general status or nothing for both allies and non-allies. Applies to player combat tracker.
[CoreRPG+] Damage health status change notifications respect new health display options.

Where are/how I can activate these options? How does it work?

Thanks in advanced

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 17:10
Where are/how I can activate this options? How does it work?
Within the campaign options screen - click the options button in the top right of the desktop and look in the "Combat (GM)" section.

Tel Arin
July 25th, 2015, 17:40
double post

Tel Arin
July 25th, 2015, 17:43
Within the campaign options screen - click the options button in the top right of the desktop and look in the "Combat (GM)" section.

Sorry friend, but i can`t find it :cry: What is the option?

https://oi60.tinypic.com/52b5v8.jpg

JeffKnight
July 25th, 2015, 17:47
[CoreRPG+] Dice tower can be unlocked and moved.

Anyone know how to do this yet?

Tel Arin
July 25th, 2015, 17:49

Right mouse button on the tower

JeffKnight
July 25th, 2015, 17:50
Right mouse button on the tower

Shows up blank: https://prntscr.com/7wvj5s

Tel Arin
July 25th, 2015, 17:54
Shows up blank: https://prntscr.com/7wvj5s

In my demo (CoreRPG+ 3.1.2 New fresh) works O_O

https://oi58.tinypic.com/k4ct49.jpg

JeffKnight
July 25th, 2015, 17:55
That looks like the old mod.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2015, 18:00

You should have many more options than you show in your screenshot. Not sure what the problem is but I'd try redownloading or rebooting or something like that. Also I don't know what ruleset you are using and whether those options appear in that ruleset.

Oh, also disable all the extensions which are now obsolete following this patch.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2015, 18:05
In my demo (CoreRPG+ 3.1.2 New fresh) works O_O

https://oi58.tinypic.com/k4ct49.jpg

Yep, confirmed in 5e as well. Right click over dice tower and the context menu is blank.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 18:25

It's only available for CoreRPG+ rulesets - rulesets based on CoreRPG that have health/HP to track. Base CoreRPG doesn't have a specific HP/health entry.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 18:28
Check the version for the "CoreRPG ruleset" and the ruleset you're using in the chat window when you load up a campaign. It must be 3.1.2. If it isn't, check in your <FG app data>\rulesets directory for a directory called CoreRPG and/or one for the ruleset you're running (e.g. 5E) - rename them if they exist. If a CoreRPG or ruleset directory doesn't exist, delete the ruleset .pak file and run an update.

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2015, 19:26
Check the version for the "CoreRPG ruleset" and the ruleset you're using in the chat window when you load up a campaign. It must be 3.1.2. If it isn't, check in your <FG app data>\rulesets directory for a directory called CoreRPG and/or one for the ruleset you're running (e.g. 5E) - rename them if they exist. If a CoreRPG or ruleset directory doesn't exist, delete the ruleset .pak file and run an update.

Yep, everything is 3.1.2. I should have said that I had already renamed both CoreRPG and 5e pak files and run an update. I'm pretty sure this was working at some point in the last few weeks (I was running the test version) but now it ain't.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 19:50
I'm pretty sure this was working at some point in the last few weeks (I was running the test version) but now it ain't.
Running any extensions? Please try in a brand new campaign with no extensions.

dberkompas
July 25th, 2015, 20:01
I just created a new campaign (5E), no extensions, no modules enabled. (Running 3.1.2 test ultimate)

Enabled dice tower.

Joined using localhost from another instance. Dice tower has no options in radial menu.

Update: Ran on another machine (no license) on my LAN, same thing, no options in Dice tower radial menu, but it does allow me to roll dice onto it.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 20:10
I just created a new campaign (5E), no extensions, no modules enabled. (Running 3.1.2 test ultimate)

Enabled dice tower.

Joined using localhost from another instance. Dice tower has no options in radial menu.
Looks like it's not working for 5E.

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2015, 20:17
HoloGnome,

The load order for rulesets, modules and extensions is directory, then PAK/MOD/EXT, then secured content vault.

It is recommended that any modifications that you make to any SmiteWorks provided rulesets or extensions be made as an extension.

If you customize the ruleset directly, it will either be overwritten (if saved as PAK) or you will not see any updates (if saved as directory) since the directory overrides the PAK file provided by the updater.

Regards,
JPG

kylania
July 25th, 2015, 20:25
I haven't messed with any PAK changes and I have no radial menu on my Dice Tower in 5E.

dberkompas
July 25th, 2015, 20:31
kylania,

That's a known bug, and has been submitted to Smiteworks.

BoomerET

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2015, 21:19
Just saw this reported in another thread. It appears to only affect 5E from what is reported so far.

I will be investigating.

Regards,
JPG

HoloGnome
July 25th, 2015, 21:48
The issue was that I had a directory-based ruleset and didn't realize that it was an override. Thx.

demonsbane
July 28th, 2015, 01:36
Looks like it's not working for 5E.

Indeed, Dice tower isn't displaying for me.

Togainu
July 28th, 2015, 07:32
With the new option "turn: skip hidden npc" I can't seem to hide the npc from the combat tracker anymore and have it shown on the map while still letting it have its turn when that setting is on.

Intended setup
NPC: hidden from combat tracker, shown on the map <- will skip the npc. I would like in this situation for the npc to still have it's turn (visible npc but not shown on the combat tracker. To for example keep the name hidden(haven't seen another way to do that for example))
NPC: hidden from combat tracker, hidden on the map <- is skipping the npc and should stay that way (invisible npc and get it skipped in turn order so people don't know there is an extra target around)
NPC: shown on the combat tracker, shown on the map <- not skipped

If this is possible I would like to know how or otherwise maybe see this possibility implemented. This is in regards to PFRPG ruleset.

Griogre
July 28th, 2015, 08:14
It's all or nothing, I'm afraid. You have to decide if skipping is more annoying than not skipping hidden people on the tracker. It depends on your GM style.

Callum
July 28th, 2015, 12:39
NPC: hidden from combat tracker, shown on the map <- will skip the npc. I would like in this situation for the npc to still have it's turn (visible npc but not shown on the combat tracker. To for example keep the name hidden(haven't seen another way to do that for example))

When I have an NPC that I don't want the players to see the name of, I simply change the name in the Combat Tracker after dragging the NPC there, but before making it visible to the players. I'll call it something descriptive instead (eg "Grey-skinned humanoid"), and that will also be the name that pops up on the tooltip - but it won't change the name on the original NPC record.

Trenloe
July 28th, 2015, 13:20
As Callum mentions, even having the token invisible on the combat tracker but visible on the map won't help hide the name - if the players hover their mouse over the token a tooltip will appear showing the name. So, use Callum's suggestion of changing the creature name.

Andraax
July 28th, 2015, 15:48
What I've done with the new option turned on is move all the hidden tokens between rounds, while the players are rolling their initiatives.

Togainu
July 28th, 2015, 19:27
As Callum mentions, even having the token invisible on the combat tracker but visible on the map won't help hide the name - if the players hover their mouse over the token a tooltip will appear showing the name. So, use Callum's suggestion of changing the creature name.

This is fixable already by the feature to hide the name in the options "Token(GM)->Token:Show name (off)". So this isn't an issue at all.

Also what I was asking for if that was possible to get the result I wanted not a work around, I know that those exist. But this is causing extra work on the GM for a feature I would like to see implemented which I kind of was referring to in my post when asking if it would be possible for them to implement it.

Trenloe
July 28th, 2015, 19:55
Also what I was asking for if that was possible to get the result I wanted not a work around, I know that those exist. But this is causing extra work on the GM for a feature I would like to see implemented which I kind of was referring to in my post when asking if it would be possible for them to implement it.
Fair enough, I'll leave it to the devs and stop making suggestions.

Nickademus
July 28th, 2015, 22:59
Put it on the wishlist. :P

Togainu
July 29th, 2015, 02:02
Put it on the wishlist. :P

This is feedback to a feature introduced in this version so in my eyes belongs in this thread :P. Both me and a couple of GM's I play under expected this to function in the manor as I described in my earlier post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25307-Release-v3-1-2&p=223798&viewfull=1#post223798). So it isn't per definition a feature request as much as feedback of expected behavior from/a different way of interpretation of the wording of a newly introduced feature and maybe even a bug.

The wording of the option is "turn: skip hidden npc". An npc visible on the map is in my eyes not hidden and shouldn't be skipped. This is the same understanding other GM's I play with saw for this feature and hoped for from it. Making my earlier situation a very good example of why we were expecting it to work like that as well.

Trenloe
July 29th, 2015, 02:16
This is feedback to a feature introduced in this version so in my eyes belongs in this thread :P. Both me and a couple of GM's I play under expected this to function in the manor as I described in my earlier post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25307-Release-v3-1-2&p=223798&viewfull=1#post223798). So it isn't per definition a feature request as much as feedback of expected behavior from/a different way of interpretation of the wording of a newly introduced feature and maybe even a bug.

The wording of the option is "turn: skip hidden npc". An npc visible on the map is in my eyes not hidden and shouldn't be skipped. This is the same understanding other GM's I play with saw for this feature and hoped for from it. Making my earlier situation a very good example of why we were expecting it to work like that as well.
It's specifically designed to be skipped if hidden on the combat tracker. See this post (and the rest of the thread where this was discussed in depth): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24906-Feature-Discussion-Option-to-skip-certain-combatants-in-combat-tracker&p=221427&viewfull=1#post221427

The whole turn sequence is controlled from the combat tracker, it makes sense to control skipping through the combat tracker only - not through the token on the map. Your request is to control skipping only by setting the visibility of tokens on the map (based off the three scenarios you listed) with no control at all through the combat tracker. I think this would be even more confusing.

Any feedback on this I suggest you take to the thread linked above to discuss further, as this is working as expected/designed.

leozelig
July 30th, 2015, 11:23
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E] When using modifier stack with damage rolls, the modifier stack damage will now be typed according to first damage type.

Can someone give an example of how this one works so I can test it in my DCCRPG ruleset?

Nickademus
July 30th, 2015, 11:47
Give an NPC the attack "punch +3 (1d3 nonlethal)". Then put a 3 in the modifier box. Before the 3 from the modifier would be lethal damage while the 1d3 would be subdual. (Rulesets vary.) Now the 3 from the modifier box is typed the same as the attack, nonlethal in this case.

D.M. Badger
July 30th, 2015, 19:40
After I updated. It made the program unusable.
" error loading data"
"Ruleset: 3.5E"
"Error: references missing child ruleset (CoreRPG)"
"Do you want to try reloading the data?"
If I click yes it reload warning if I choose no it shuts down any ideas?

Trenloe
July 30th, 2015, 19:53
After I updated. It made the program unusable.
" error loading data"
"Ruleset: 3.5E"
"Error: references missing child ruleset (CoreRPG)"
"Do you want to try reloading the data?"
If I click yes it reload warning if I choose no it shuts down any ideas?
Try the steps in post #4 of this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25318-HELP!-Error-loading-data But only delete/rename CoreRPG.pak and a CoreRPG directory (if it exists), then run an update.

D.M. Badger
July 30th, 2015, 20:06
Wow thank you I tried to delete all the rule sets but that didn't work. But just deleting the 1 worked. Thank you

Sasmira
July 31st, 2015, 15:13
Hello,

I try the news effects (ALIGN/SIZE/TYPE/Wounded/Bloodied) but they don't work for me ... I removed the extensions (Alignment conditions and Optional Conditions) but I don't understand why they don't work ... Can you give me some examples with the ruleset PFRPG please ?

Sorry, for my poor english :(

Thx for your help!
S.

Markjan
July 31st, 2015, 15:21
Hello,

I don't know what's going wrong in my way of handling the new tags/scripts today, though it used to function perfectly well with the ancient extensions...
As indicated, I stopped using the"alignment" and "conditions" extensions. In fact, I disabled ALL extensions to make my tests.

I tried to give several simple effects to one of my PC and test them but none of them works correctly, it applies the effect whatever the condition used:

"IFT: evil; ATK: +5" gives the PC +5 on every attacks whatever the alignment
"IFT: animal; ATK: +5" gives exactly the same results whatever the creature type.

I tried this also
"IFT: ALIGN: evil; ATK: +5" --> same results
"IFT: TYPE: animal; ATK: +5" --> same results

I tried to tag the monster with a "TYPE: animal" on a dog, with a Goblin or whatever "ALIGN: Evil", for the same results as well.

Could someone help ? What am I doing wrong ?

Zacchaeus
July 31st, 2015, 15:24
Hello,

I try the news effects (ALIGN/SIZE/TYPE/Wounded/Bloodied) but they don't work for me ... I removed the extensions (Alignment conditions and Optional Conditions) but I don't understand why they don't work ... Can you give me some examples with the ruleset PFRPG please ?

Sorry, for my poor english :(

Thx for your help!
S.

These conditions all work with the Operators IF: and IFT:. So for example if you wanted to do some extra damage to an evil creature or an undead one then you would create an effect such as IFT: TYPE(undead); DMG:1d8 or IFT: ALIGN(evil); DMG:1d8.
Now, I only know 5e so I don't know what the differences are for PFRPG but hopefully this sets you on the right track.

Zacchaeus
July 31st, 2015, 15:27
Hello,

I don't know what's going wrong in my way of handling the new tags/scripts today, though it used to function perfectly well with the ancient extensions...
As indicated, I stopped using the"alignment" and "conditions" extensions. In fact, I disabled ALL extensions to make my tests.

I tried to give several simple effects to one of my PC and test them but none of them works correctly, it applies the effect whatever the condition used:

"IFT: evil; ATK: +5" gives the PC +5 on every attacks whatever the alignment
"IFT: animal; ATK: +5" gives exactly the same results whatever the creature type.

I tried this also
"IFT: ALIGN: evil; ATK: +5" --> same results
"IFT: TYPE: animal; ATK: +5" --> same results

I tried to tag the monster with a "TYPE: animal" on a dog, with a Goblin or whatever "ALIGN: Evil", for the same results as well.

Could someone help ? What am I doing wrong ?

It's in the syntax. For example you need IFT: TYPE(animal); ATK:+5 or IFT: ALIGN(evil); ATK:+5

Markjan
July 31st, 2015, 15:37
Thank you for your prompt answer, Zacc !

But as a matter of fact I just tried with the syntax you just gave, "IFT: TYPE(animal); ATK:+5" and obtained exactly the same results... it applies the effect whatever the monster type...
Let me precise I use the PFRPG ruleset (without any extension for these tests)

Sasmira
July 31st, 2015, 15:44
Thank you Zacchaeus for your answer but it's Like MarkJan for me, the effects don't work with the ruleset PFRPG

https://sasmira.free.fr/pbf/screenshot0006.jpg

kylania
July 31st, 2015, 16:03
I got these to work like this:

IFT: Wounded;DMG: 2d6 slashing
IFT: Size(huge);DMG: 1d8 piercing
IFT: ALIGN(evil);DMG: 1d20 bludgeoning
IFT: TYPE(animal);DMG: 1d4

All triggered properly though.

Biggie was already Wounded. Aboleth is Huge. Orphan is Evil (CE under Type on its sheet). Baddie didn't match any.

https://i.imgur.com/1oIvi8l.png
Had a typo after the TYPE in the pic, had a : instead of ;, but it works with the proper ;.

Trenloe
July 31st, 2015, 16:05
Thank you Zacchaeus for your answer but it's Like MarkJan for me, the effects don't work with the ruleset PFRPG

https://sasmira.free.fr/pbf/screenshot0006.jpg
Don't use "or" in the conditional effects. Boolean logic doesn't work in conditional effects.

See some of the examples here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Examples (it's for 5E but most of the examples are relevant to PF).

Sasmira
July 31st, 2015, 16:29
hmm ... you have perhaps miss something in your code no ? because the new effects don't work when you roll an Attack dice but only when you roll the damages dices :-(

for example:
"Favored Ennemy (Undead); IFT: TYPE(undead); ATK: +2; DMG: +2

When you roll the atk dice, +2 in Attack isn't added, but +2 in dmg is added correctly

https://sasmira.free.fr/pbf/screenshot0001.jpg

Trenloe
July 31st, 2015, 16:42
hmm ... you have perhaps miss something in your code no ? because the new effects don't work when you roll an Attack dice but only when you roll the damages dices :-(

The attack effect for IFT conditional attacks is not added visually to the dice roll, but you'll see (EFFECTS: XX] in the report and the result (hit or miss) will be reported taking the effect into account. This is as per design (the devs have said this a few times), to enable dragging/dropping of attack results onto other (no IFT effected) targets.

kylania
July 31st, 2015, 16:46
It's working, it's just not showing on the roll. See the [EFFECTS +2] on our attack line? That's the Effect ATK: +2 there. It's counted in the roll just not displayed as a modifier number explicitly.

Sasmira
July 31st, 2015, 16:51
The attack effect for IFT conditional attacks is not added to the dice roll, but you'll see (EFFECTS: XX] in the report and the result (hit or miss) will be reported taking the effect into account. This is as per design (the devs have said this a few times), to enable dragging/dropping of attack results onto other (no IFT effected) targets.

Ok, I'm agree with you and sorry if my question is ugly for you but I'm a beginner in FG and it's not easy for me to understand all script rules :)

kylania
July 31st, 2015, 16:53
Ok, I'm agree with you and sorry if my question is ugly for you but I'm a beginner in FG and it's not easy for me to understand all script rules :)

Welcome to Fantasy Grounds! :)

Sasmira
July 31st, 2015, 16:57
Welcome to Fantasy Grounds! :)

yeah thanks ! and in real life, my favorite terrain is the deeper Underground too :D