PDA

View Full Version : [FGDaze] Primeval Thule - 5e - Cavern of Golden Tears

VenomousFiligree
July 24th, 2015, 21:49
Three days ago you left Quodeth in search of a legendary ruined city and a cavern of gold in the jungles of the Ghan Peninsula. Yesterday you left your boats at a small landing on the banks of the Ghan River, but at dawn beastman scouts picked up your trail. Scores of savage warriors are pursuing you through the jungle. You can hear them grunting and hooting to each other behind you, while sudden flights of jungle birds and the sounds of thrashing brush makes it clear more are closing in.

The pregens are as follows (all level 3):

Human Barbarian (Berserker)
Human Rogue (Assassin)
Human (Variant - Leader) Rogue (Swashbuckler)
Human (Variant - Sharpshooter) Spelless Ranger (Beast Master)
Human (Variant - Healer) Fighter (Defense) (Battle Master)
Human (Variant - Ritual Caster) Barbarian (Totem Warrior)

Feel free to reserve on a first come first served basis.

damned
July 24th, 2015, 23:32
I havent read anything about Primeval Thule - is it similar in genre to Barbarians of Lemuria?

Trenloe
July 25th, 2015, 02:24
I havent read anything about Primeval Thule - is it similar in genre to Barbarians of Lemuria?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/809579963/primeval-thule-5e

"sword & sorcery, Conan vs. Cthulhu inspired, savage and intense Primeval Thule Campaign Setting."

BranHelsing
July 25th, 2015, 04:17
Interesting! I backed the Kickstarter yesterday. Wouldn't mind getting better acquainted with the setting. Will there be any character customization or are you sticking with the pregens? I'll reserve the Assassin if so.

VenomousFiligree
July 25th, 2015, 08:10
damned, genre is sword and sorcery, however they're not really modifying 5e mechanics, just suggesting how to play to achieve the S&S vibe.

BranHelsing, feel free to create a PC, however please stick to the following restrictions (mine not Primeval Thule's):

Race - Human including human variant
Class - No magic using classes (Unearthed Arcana classes and sub classes are allowed)
Feats - All are allowed, including magic using feats.

BranHelsing
July 26th, 2015, 03:12
For now I'll claim the Assassin pregen, but if the other players decide to customize I will assimilate. Thanks!

VenomousFiligree
July 27th, 2015, 06:45
Please ensure you vote on the scheduled play time. Game slots will be allocated to the first 6 players that vote yes.

crb31
July 27th, 2015, 14:03
I got on the calendar- looking forward to this.

VenomousFiligree
July 29th, 2015, 19:49
Please sign up here to secure a place in the game. At the moment we have the following people signed up:

Werd
Taelock
crb31
poppy_thompson
BranHelsing

Please note your place will not be guaranteed unless you have voted on the calendar.

PhilAdams
July 30th, 2015, 20:56
I signed up last night, but it looks like my vote and my registration were removed?

VenomousFiligree
July 30th, 2015, 22:05
PhilAdams, that's because you didn't sign up here in this thread. Re-apply on the calendar and I'll accept you.

VenomousFiligree
August 2nd, 2015, 09:17
We still have one slot left.

I'm deleting all applicant's that either aren't named in post 9 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25306-FGDaze-Primeval-Thule-5e-Cavern-of-Golden-Tears&p=223984&viewfull=1#post223984), or haven't registered in this thread (especially those that request to play a Drow Magic User.... :rolleyes: )

poppy_thompson
August 2nd, 2015, 12:29
Hello. I've signed up on the calendar. Just confirming on here. Thanks.

Werd
August 2nd, 2015, 18:13
Signed up and checking in.

BranHelsing
August 2nd, 2015, 18:37
Confirming spot, updated on calendar.

Taelock
August 2nd, 2015, 21:56
Signing in:)

Sango
August 3rd, 2015, 03:12
Greetings,

I just applied as a player for this, however, I am new to FG (just purchased my ultimate sub today) so I will understand if my application is rejected. If accepted, what modules do you recommend that I pick up prior to the game? Also, how do I go about voting on the play-time. The listed time of Saturday, August 15th at 1 pm (Central Time US) is fine. Thanks for your patience.

By the way, I am not new to RPing, just FG.

Thanks again.

VenomousFiligree
August 4th, 2015, 20:44
Hi Sango, you're signed up on the calendar! :)

Sango
August 5th, 2015, 00:55
Hi Sango, you're signed up on the calendar! :)

Fantastic! Thanks for accepting me. I am looking forward to it. :)

TangoArgentine
August 9th, 2015, 21:24
Hi there,

I see you have 6 players already, but if someone cancels or by chance you'd have 7, I am up for a game. I love the idea of the Thule setting and I could do a pregen or create whatever character is needed.

VenomousFiligree
August 9th, 2015, 21:33
TangoArgentine (and anyone else that's interested), please see the post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25527-Primeval-Thule-Episodic-Gaming).

Sango
August 13th, 2015, 12:46
Quick question. Do we need voice-chat or will we communicate through in-game text chat?

Thank you.

Sango

VenomousFiligree
August 13th, 2015, 13:15
We'll be using the FG-Con Teamspeak server.

Sango
August 13th, 2015, 16:36
Thanks for the quick reply.

BranHelsing
August 14th, 2015, 02:20
I am terribly sorry and deeply regret to report that I can no longer make it at the scheduled time. Hopefully this is adequate enough notice to take someone on the waitlist. Thanks for running this game in this killer setting and I look forward to playing in it sometime soon!

VenomousFiligree
August 14th, 2015, 06:41
Thanks for letting me know

VenomousFiligree
August 15th, 2015, 17:35
Unfortunately I'm going to have to call this session off. Whilst it won't be FGDaze, I'll happily run it next Sunday at the same time.

I've just got back from an afternoon out and my right ankle is double the size of the other, and I don't think I'll be able to concentrate due to the pain :(

crb31
August 15th, 2015, 18:25
cursed ankle!!! Take care, and you mean Sunday the 23rd?

Sango
August 15th, 2015, 18:53
Take care Venomous and I hope your ankle feels better soon. As far as I know, I'll be available next Sunday.

poppy_thompson
August 15th, 2015, 18:54
Bummer. Take care and hopefully I'll be able to make next Sunday.

VenomousFiligree
August 17th, 2015, 18:53
Got to see the doctor today, a torn Achilles. The Doctor's referred me to A&E where I now sit and wait... At least they have wifi...

kylania
August 17th, 2015, 19:36
Yikes, hope you recover quickly!

Sango
August 20th, 2015, 19:07
Sorry to hear that Venomous. Hope you recover quickly.

VenomousFiligree
August 20th, 2015, 19:23
Thanks all

New time is in the calendar

kylania
August 20th, 2015, 19:36
Thanks all

New time is in the calendar

Got a link? None in the first page of this post and I'm not sure which of the now 16 variants of D&D 5E(!) to check for on the calendar.

crb31
August 20th, 2015, 20:33
Take care and get better!

Reincarnation
August 20th, 2015, 22:29
I would like to participate

VenomousFiligree
August 22nd, 2015, 13:40
I need four to run, which unfortunately we haven't got, so going to postpone.

Sango
August 22nd, 2015, 13:56
I'll keep my eyes peeled for the new time. :)

Zamaszysty
August 23rd, 2015, 17:48
I would be glad to join You guys, probably choosing pregen barbarian or ranged, but that might be a matter of what rest of Yoy want to play so we can have a bit of variety :)

Already joined the game in calendar. I guess the only thing that can scare me off would be the hour :)

VenomousFiligree
August 23rd, 2015, 19:20
Hopefully the 5e Thule rules will be out soon. Whilst I'm happy to try for another session next weekend, would everyone prefer to start a series of linked one shots with your own PCs?

I can't stick to a regular schedule, but should be able to run at least 2 games a month, with about a weeks notice for each of them.

crb31
August 24th, 2015, 19:43
Short answer yes. Just the timing might be a issue.

rob2e
October 16th, 2015, 14:26
Don't know if there's still room, but I'd like to participate. I'll sign up on the calendar as well...

Trenloe
October 16th, 2015, 15:30
Don't know if there's still room, but I'd like to participate. I'll sign up on the calendar as well...
This game was specifically a one-off for the FGDaze! game day.

@VenomousFiligree - if there is no further play in this game, please either remove the game calendar entry or set it to no longer accept players so that it is hidden in the game calendar. Thanks.