PDA

View Full Version : [FGDaze] The A-Team- Children of Origin

Daedalus
July 23rd, 2015, 04:14
[FGDAZE] The A-Team- Children of Origin

Players new to RPGs, new to Savage Worlds and new to Fantasy Grounds are welcome.

Play Time - 3pm PM EST- Session lasts 4 hours- Please check calendar for conversion
Genre - Modern
Ruleset/Setting - Savage Worlds
Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1531

Please post all questions etc here.

The members of The A-Team have been asked to save a girl from a cult she has become involved with and has stop the cult and it's leader forever. Does the A-Team have what it takes to stop the arrogant leader of Origin?

This session will run for 4-4 players – no experience with Savage Worlds or Fantasy Grounds is required. Pre-Gens will be provided. If you are a fan of the show and/or the movie I think you will enjoy this game

Crymoricus
August 3rd, 2015, 15:29
Here's what I got to say about crazy cult leaders goin' around twistin' people's minds:

Wait... we gonna have to bust out that crazy fool Murdock again? Well...okay. But no flyin'!

Sign me up, fool!

Daedalus
August 3rd, 2015, 19:32
Here's what I got to say about crazy cult leaders goin' around twistin' people's minds:

Wait... we gonna have to bust out that crazy fool Murdock again? Well...okay. But no flyin'!

Sign me up, fool!

I accepted you. We now need to fill the other 3 spots. If you know anyone else who might be interested in playing please let them know about the game and that there is space open

Daedalus
August 6th, 2015, 14:45
We are still looking for people. we have 3 more slots left to fill. If we don't get a few more people by Sunday I will be forced to cancel this game which I really don't want to do.

Mask_of_winter
August 6th, 2015, 14:51
Give it more time Daedalus. A lot of people will sign up at the last minute. I had 4 sign up on the last day for last FGDaze.

We're about to do another ad campaign on social media here. In the meantime, spread the word about FGDaze to your circles, forums you frequent, Facebook, G+, Twitter, etc.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2015, 17:29
The main reason we started FGDaze! was to give newbies chances to get a taste of FG. Most new people will sign up very close to the game, not 10 days in advance. Please give it more time and only cancel very close to the session time, and only if you really have to. Thanks.

Crymoricus
August 6th, 2015, 17:55
Yeah, I ain't havin' any luck gettin' folks neither, but I bet a few will wander in eventually.

Hannibal gonna step in here any minute and say:

Hang in there, fool!

Daedalus
August 6th, 2015, 21:56
Give it more time Daedalus. A lot of people will sign up at the last minute. I had 4 sign up on the last day for last FGDaze.

We're about to do another ad campaign on social media here. In the meantime, spread the word about FGDaze to your circles, forums you frequent, Facebook, G+, Twitter, etc.

There are other games (Including a Savage Worlds Game) that has filled up. It's not about the people, the setting is just a bust. It happens

Daedalus
August 6th, 2015, 21:57
The main reason we started FGDaze! was to give newbies chances to get a taste of FG. Most new people will sign up very close to the game, not 10 days in advance. Please give it more time and only cancel very close to the session time, and only if you really have to. Thanks.

I will give it until Wednesday. If I don't have the people by the time I get home on Wednesday (and I doubt I will) I will cancel it. I don't want to waste time preparing for a game that no one shows up to

Crymoricus
August 7th, 2015, 10:01
Understandable, Daedalus. It's a shame, though. I'm not a huge fan of the A-Team, but what a great setting for some Savage Worlds. Was this entirely your idea? I think it's just fantastic.

Ellspeth
August 7th, 2015, 11:51
Daedulus as others have said, many do not enroll until closer to the date simply because they are waiting to see what all may be offered and what has already filled up. Right now DnD 5e sessions are over booked, while other rulesets take more time. For instance, the only reason I have not yet signed for your game is I have one starting at ten on Saturday, yours starts at 3 and I am not certain I would have time between games to go back to back like that, though I have done. Also even game day if you are short players, if you put looking for players behind your nic on the teamspeak server you can sometimes pick up one or two at the last minute as well. The only thing else I can think of that might be helpful is those GM's finding they have too many players enrolled too drop a note to the extras directing them to other games that are either similar and still have openings, or in a similar time frame and still have openings. Other than that, I have found the FGDaze and FG-Cons to be be a great opportunity to meet new players for your regular games, so if any way at all to hang in there you will find down the road you are glad you did. Just my 2 cents worth.

Daedalus
August 7th, 2015, 14:32
Understandable, Daedalus. It's a shame, though. I'm not a huge fan of the A-Team, but what a great setting for some Savage Worlds. Was this entirely your idea? I think it's just fantastic.

Yes it was. Luckily in the core book there were archetypes which fit all 4 of the characters. I took those archetypes, put them into hero builder and modified them a bit to more fit the characters. The setting and background are all original from a cult group that I wrote up and applied to the setting.

Thank you for the kind words

Daedalus
August 9th, 2015, 02:35
We have two of the players. Still have two open slots os if you are interested in playing please sign up on the calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1531

Daedalus
August 11th, 2015, 00:29
Still looking for players so if you are interested please feel free to sign up

Daedalus
August 12th, 2015, 22:00
Still have a couple spots open so if you are interested please sign up: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1531

Crymoricus
August 15th, 2015, 01:58
I'm bumping this. C'mon guys, it's a day away.

Daedalus
August 15th, 2015, 16:10
We have 3 players. We need one more to have a full complement. Please sign up if you are interesting: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1531

Daedalus
August 15th, 2015, 18:37
We have 4 players so we are ready to go. See you guys at 3

GunbunnyFuFu
August 15th, 2015, 19:25
Are we using any voice comm for this? If so, what platform/connection info?

Crymoricus
August 15th, 2015, 19:38
It'll be FG Teamspeak, I'm sure. Dae will announce here shortly, I'm guessing.

Daedalus
August 15th, 2015, 19:38
We are using team speak. Team speak is a free download.

The server information for Teamspeak is as follows:

Details

Description: 450 Player Teamspeak 3
Hostname: ts.fg-con.com
Server Password Dungeoneers

The server information to connect to my fantasy ground setup is: xeno ogre good camp

GunbunnyFuFu
August 15th, 2015, 19:46
Is your FG game up? Getting a connection error.

Daedalus
August 15th, 2015, 19:53
It's up now. I am in a game and I hadn't put it up yet. But it is up now

Daedalus
August 16th, 2015, 00:59
Great game everyone. It was a lot of fun

Crymoricus
August 16th, 2015, 05:36
I pity the fool who passed on it!

Daedalus
August 16th, 2015, 20:58
I pity the fool who passed on it!

You are right. It was a lot of fun and it was a very memorable game that's for sure

Ellspeth
August 17th, 2015, 18:19
It was a lot of fun, playing characters that are pretty much iconic in our times. And our B.A. Baracus was absolutely brilliant well done.

Crymoricus
August 18th, 2015, 02:47
Hey, Ellspeth,

Did you know your PM box is full, and that you can't accept anymore PM's until you clear some out? At least that's the message I'm getting.

Ellspeth
August 18th, 2015, 03:27
No I didn't realize I was full on messages, and it doesn't seem to delete individually I had to dump the entire inbox folder, I hope I didn't lose anything I should have saved. But yes, it told me my folder was full and to empty it which I did so it should be good now.