PDA

View Full Version : Princes of the Apocalypse Module causing major issues as a player

JustarianCeaser
July 23rd, 2015, 03:05
I'm participating in the brand new PotA module as a player and I'm having major issues with this particular module.
All the other 5e modules have run flawlessly for me, and this is the only new addition to our group which is causing issues.
None of the other players (or DM) are having problems.

The problems

Fantasy grounds will use up 10-25% CPU (normally 1-2%) while trying to play with PotA
Fantasy grounds will grow in memory until it reaches around 3.8gigs before it gives a "Bad allocation" error and then crashes
DD Princes of the Apocalypse.dat will halt at 74mb and then start writing to "DD Princes of the Apocalypse.dat.tmp" and then crash when the .dat.tmp file reaches the same size and the regular .dat
If I delete local content, the DD Princes of the Apocalypes.dat will start downloading and continue to grow in size. I have let it reach 18gb before exiting and then deleting the file

None of these problems occur if I'm not trying to use the PotA module.
Attempted fixes

I've tried deleting local content.
I've uninstalled all FG files and then reinstalled from scratch
I've tried copying the PotA from my wife's computer to my cache folder.

Computer Specs:

AMD FX 9370 Eight Core Processor (4.40GHz)
32GB Ram (16GB Usable)
64bit Windows 7
GeForce 760 x2 (SLI configuration, Stock speeds, updated to latest driver as of 21July2015)
Temperatures are within normal limits for all chips

FG setup:
I own the game (not a subscription)
My DM is sharing all the modules for us as players
All the players have paid copies (No one is a free or subscribing member)
DM is NOT an ultimate user

Any help will be greately appreciated. Our DM has recently lost the use of his writing arm, and so we all converted to FG's virtual table-top to continue our gaming sessions. Unfortunately I'm the only one whom is having issues :(

JohnD
July 23rd, 2015, 03:11
Tell your DM to stop sharing the entire module.

Nylanfs
July 23rd, 2015, 03:17
What he said.

Mask_of_winter
July 23rd, 2015, 03:17
Yeah, adventure modules shouldn't be force loaded (lighting bolt icons) to players as instructed by one of the devs.

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2015, 03:57
Adventure modules shouldn't be force loaded, nor set to "allow". If this is done the player can open the whole module and you'll get the issues you state. Plus they'll get access to a lot of stuff they shouldn't.

The GM should leave the module activation it as blank or a red X, then share individual stuff with the players as needed.