PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Program

Gvikar
December 31st, 2004, 01:05
To put it rather simply, this is exactly the type of program I've been hoping for. It's very attractive, relatively simple to use, and has everything you might need easily accessible.

The only thing I'll have a problem with is adding things in XML, but that's my own problem and something I'll have to figure out, which doesn't look too terribly difficult.

I was a bit iffy about it at first, but once I used the demo, I knew it was what I had been looking for. I was more than happy to pay for the GM version. It will finally give me a chance to play with my old group again, since it's been more than a little difficult with everyone moving all over the country. And none I know see the price as being a problem. It's very reasonable for this level of quality.

Ok, I'll end this longwinded blab with a thank you, and I look forward to seeing how this program expands in the future!

Elric
December 31st, 2004, 03:13
The only thing I'll have a problem with is adding things in XML, but that's my own problem and something I'll have to figure out, which doesn't look too terribly difficult.
It's not hard - if you have ANY sort of a programming background, you can see what was done with the existing XML files and change them up to suit your needs.

I'm just about done with the first draft of my AD&D 1E Ruleset (which I'll be posting for anyone that wants it) and if you compare the original files with what I've done, you'll see what needs to be changed to suit any game system.

You just need to have patience - and a fast machine to keep reloading FG to check your changes. :lol:

Gvikar
December 31st, 2004, 04:24
I've been browsing through it, and I think that you are right, it does look fairly simple. I'm thinking about recreating the 2E Oriental Adventures set, as I prefer those over the new OA.

But I would love to see what you have done when you've posted it. It would be a HUGE help in figuring everything out. Thanks for the heads up! It'll probably save me a ton of headaches! :lol: