PDA

View Full Version : DIS vs ADV on Attack bug?

JeffKnight
July 23rd, 2015, 02:57
As a Drow, I was attacking an enemy in sunlight so I had DIS on attack, but the target also granted advantage due to Faerie Fire, so theoretically they should cancel out. However, when I used either cast or attack for my Fire Bolt, with DIS selected (as I should) it rolled at DIS, not cancelling out.

kylania
July 23rd, 2015, 03:12
Did you have the target targeted and did the target have the proper GRANTADVATK effect active?

JeffKnight
July 23rd, 2015, 03:21
Yup and yup.

kylania
July 23rd, 2015, 05:05
In a quick test it worked for me. Rolled one die, a 6 on the attack.

https://i.imgur.com/zzszF3X.jpg

Zacchaeus
July 23rd, 2015, 13:29
Indeed, just tried this out as well, with the target having a GRANTADVATK effect on it and the attacker using the DIS button to make the attack roll (as the OP suggested). The roll correctly applied both the advantage and disadvantage.

Possibly the GRANTADVATK wasn't correctly applied? (obviously if it correctly applied disadvantage to other rolls then it is correct); or somewhere along the line targeting wasn't just right. Test it out again making sure all targets are appearing on the map via the combat tracker and that the correct target is applied. One other thing make sure that the little icon on the modifier box in the left hand corner hasn't been tampered with. In other words the little cross should be black and not greyed out.

Let us know how you get on.

JeffKnight
July 24th, 2015, 07:34
It's normally worked for me too and does now when I test it on my own.

I checked the effect, and it is typed correctly. It was working for the melee guys just fine. It's odd, since I clicked DIS for my part of the roll and it rolled at disadvantage against a target granting advantage.

Trenloe
July 24th, 2015, 13:32
Was the target actually targeted? Or was targeting disabled at that point (the cross hairs on he modifier control greyed out)? i.e. did the chat window report that the attack was against the target or just an attack roll?

If you're the GM in the campaign, you can go to the camaign directory and open chatlog.html which gives a history of the chat window, and can check how the resulting attack roll was reported.

JeffKnight
July 24th, 2015, 20:17
It was targeted and it rolled against the target in the window. I'll ask the GM for the log.