PDA

View Full Version : RQ2 Extension

Azaran
July 21st, 2015, 18:44
Ok, so I brought this up a while ago and someone suggested that I try to do it myself, so....

After a lot of messing around, I've finally managed to get all the stat bonuses calculating as per the RQ2 ruleset.

I've refined it down to the individual categories of Attack, Parrying, Defense bonus, Knowledge, Manipulation, Perception, Stealth and Oratory. The base skill levels are that of the RQ2 rulebook and each set of the above categories calculates in factors of five based on the table in the middle of the RQ2 rulebook.

Until the actual BRP ruleset has it's overhaul once smiteworks work their way through the list of things needing done, I'll have to settle for non-resizable windows and the general lack of other functions that exist in the likes of the dnd rulesets for FG3.

Once I have the other little tweaks and stuff done, i'll share a copy of the extension on the workshop if there's enough demand.

Az.

Azaran
July 21st, 2015, 23:34
Ok, just added resize functionality to story, items and images/maps. Also enlarged the chat window horizontally by 100px to give a wee bit more realestate to type story into. I might also expand it vertically shortly too but we'll see.

So, current full list of features:

RQ2 skill bonus calculations in increments of 5% for primary, secondary, minor negative and negative stat calculations.
Attack bonus shows on main sheet under fatigue.
Resizable story window
Resizable item window
Resizable map/image window on client and

Az.

Trenloe
July 21st, 2015, 23:43
Cool. I'd recommend making the chat window resizable, not just increasing the size. Some users might end up playing on a laptop with limited screen resolution - so try not to use increased (fixed) dimensions on a large screen without the ability to resize smaller as this might not work for some people with smaller resolution monitors/screen.

damned
July 21st, 2015, 23:44
Well done Azaran! Good job!
Would you consider running a RQ one shot at FGDaze Saturday August 15th?
See Signature for links.

Azaran
July 22nd, 2015, 19:39
I still need to playtest it with my circle however i'll be driving back from holiday then anyway unfortunately.

Helm Hammerhead
January 31st, 2016, 14:12
any more news about using and converting BRP to run for RQ2 ? ta tim

Azaran
January 31st, 2016, 16:40
any more news about using and converting BRP to run for RQ2 ? ta tim

Yup. Check out my other thread, there's an extension for BRP that converts it to the RQ2 ruleset.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25979-RQ2-Extension

Regards,

Az.

Helm Hammerhead
January 31st, 2016, 19:09
ta how about battle magic and creatures for Rq ? or is that still to be worked on ?

Azaran
January 31st, 2016, 20:29
ta how about battle magic and creatures for Rq ? or is that still to be worked on ?

Problem with that is that it's copywrite material so cannot make it into my extension (part of the rules of making extensions for FG), What I've done is to use the BRP Basic creatures (bought from the store) which will give you a fair few creatures and I use my RQ2 rulebook to manually put in the missing ones like walktapi

And for the magic, I use the basic magic for BRP module, also on the store. Spirit magic is more or less battlemagic as the mechanic is just the same. Just need to restrict with house rules which ones you allow in your game.

Azaran
January 31st, 2016, 20:37
What I have done though, is add my own mod of universal tables to add in the fumble and background tables. I've attached it to the same post that has my RQ2 extension.

I should mention though, I don't work for smiteworks, this one has been purely to create my own campaign.

Az.

Blackfoot
February 1st, 2016, 05:32
With the changes at Chaosium with relation to RuneQuest... things might change. There is currently an existing relationship between Smiteworks and Chaosium.. (hence the official ruleset for BRP) what happens next could potentially be interesting for RQ fans.

Azaran
February 1st, 2016, 08:12
With the changes at Chaosium with relation to RuneQuest... things might change. There is currently an existing relationship between Smiteworks and Chaosium.. (hence the official ruleset for BRP) what happens next could potentially be interesting for RQ fans.

Indeed, I got a reply from smiteworks last night verifying that an update to BRP it's under development by SXG but no eta as yet.