PDA

View Full Version : Help with creating a usable (action) item with charges/uses

MadBadHare
July 21st, 2015, 17:35
Sorry if this has been covered but I could not find exactly what I am trying to do. If it has been covered a link would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to create an item that shows up on the actions tab and can be used causing an effect on the target and expending a change (ammo).

Specially I am trying to create a usable healer's kit with 10 uses and applies the "stable" effect to a target. For the life of me I just can't figure it out. I have tried copying/editing existing thing with ammo but can not figure out how to apply effect. The only way I could get it to show on the actions tab was to give it "Weapon" as type. Just could not get it completed correctly

Thanks in advance for any help insight provided.

kylania
July 21st, 2015, 17:47
https://i.imgur.com/n4uVF8g.jpg

Create a new Power with a Name of Healing Kit and a Group Type Consumables. Right click on the Healing Kit to add the STABLE effect to Targets. Then click the eyeglass next to Consumables group label to open the Power Group - Consumables panel. At the bottom set Uses to 10 and Once. That should do it.

If you have your Actions Tab set to Combat mode this item will even disappear from the list when the charges are done.

MadBadHare
July 21st, 2015, 17:55
Thanks - The only issue I see is if I have other consumables with varying uses. I think if I make the power group unque to the healers kit then that solves it. I was so hung up on items that I did not even think about using power.

Makes sense now

MadBadHare
July 21st, 2015, 18:06
The only other thing I can not get it to do is expend the use automatically. Very minor. other then that it works great. Thanks again

Trenloe
July 21st, 2015, 18:29
Thanks - The only issue I see is if I have other consumables with varying uses.
Change the "Mode" button at the bottom of the actions tab to "Preparation" (1) and you should be able to change the uses and usage type (rest, once and daily) for each individual power (2). For the 10 use healer's kit make it 10 and "once":

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Power%20uses.jpg

Just make sure, if you're using power groups, that the "Uses" setting is set to either 0 or a high number that covers all of the powers, as this is a "cap" for all of the powers in that group.

Nickademus
July 21st, 2015, 18:44
What happens when you run out of uses on a 'Once' entry? Does it delete the entry or just make it invisible in Combat mode?

Trenloe
July 21st, 2015, 18:45
What happens when you run out of uses on a 'Once' entry? Does it delete the entry or just make it invisible in Combat mode?
Just makes it invisible.

Nickademus
July 21st, 2015, 18:56
Good to know.

MadBadHare
July 21st, 2015, 19:00
Awesome.. Thanks

TMO
January 17th, 2016, 01:21
I found this helpful for adding the Healer's Kit power but I have a character who has the Healer feat. I am trying to create an affect that will heal according the rules: 1d6 +4 + Max HD of target. I am not able to figure out how to get the Max HD of the target included. Can this be done?

damned
January 17th, 2016, 02:19
I found this helpful for adding the Healer's Kit power but I have a character who has the Healer feat. I am trying to create an affect that will heal according the rules: 1d6 +4 + Max HD of target. I am not able to figure out how to get the Max HD of the target included. Can this be done?

Not thru the interface. You could probably do this via an extension.

Trenloe
January 17th, 2016, 03:44
Not automatically. But just type the HD in the modifier box before rolling the heal.

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2016, 09:01

If your healer is likely to have the same level as the rest of the party then you can 'cheat' a bit by including the character's level in the heal when you set up the effect. Open the effect dialog for heal and 'Add Item'. In the new line just click the 'Stat' box until it says 'Lvl'. This is as automatic as you can get for this particular one.

TMO
January 18th, 2016, 02:22
If your healer is likely to have the same level as the rest of the party then you can 'cheat' a bit by including the character's level in the heal when you set up the effect. Open the effect dialog for heal and 'Add Item'. In the new line just click the 'Stat' box until it says 'Lvl'. This is as automatic as you can get for this particular one.

I'm delighted to see that my thinking matched yours in this case. This is what I had intended on doing (actually: what I did do...we just finished our latest game session.)

Griogre
January 18th, 2016, 04:52
Yeah, if the creature the healer uses the kit on is not the same level as the cleric then the player can add a plus or negative mod to the roll. That's how we did it as well. Most of the time the healer is only using it on the other PCs, but if they use it on NPCS (like my guys did in a caravan where they wanted to help the wounded guards but couldn't spend the spell slots) just put a mod in that is the difference between the NPC and the cleric's level.

ColinO
November 2nd, 2019, 07:01
Put the "Receive Healing" power on each of the PC target character sheets. The power heals D6 + lvl +1 HP to self when they are the subject of the Healer's healing power.