PDA

View Full Version : Restoring removed WotC module content?

pensezbien
July 21st, 2015, 11:59
Hi,

When I first played with the purchased 5e MM content, I saw a whole bunch of NPCs in the NPC view of every new 5e campaign I created in an NPC group for the MM. This was great. After a bunch of tinkering in the UI to see how editing the MM NPCs and NPC groups worked, none of them show up any more (with only a single empty NPC group), and I have to drag them from the MM individually. What am I missing?

This is far more cumbersome than searching a single screen as I could do before. I haven't figured out how to revert these changes, not even by blanking my data directory and restoring via the updater. I see no obvious revert feature in the right-click menu of the module screen, as some threads mentioned.

I'd also like to do the same for the PHB if anything should be showing up by default in groups.

Thanks so much for offering these modules! Really excited to see the rules come together and the DMG release approach! I'll probably buy one of your WotC adventure modules as well once I start an online campaign.

Feel free to move this to the tech support forum but it seems 5e-specific enough and relevant to enough others that I'm tentatively posting it in the 5e forum.

Zacchaeus
July 21st, 2015, 12:54
I'm not at all sure what you mean here.

By NPC group I presume that you mean the NPC button on the right hand menu of Fantasy Grounds. If that is what you mean then when you start a new campaign this will be completely blank. This is because you have not yet described any NPCs for the campaign. To populate this section of your campaign you will drag NPCs from the Monster Manual into the NPC dialog or you will be opening it up (by clicking on the little red button on the bottom) and creating new NPCs specifically for your campaign. So if this is what you mean then this is functioning properly.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about one of the purchased modules then, yes, when you click on NPCs all of the NPCs in that module will appear on the NPC tab. You can still add new ones of course by dragging them in from the Monster Manual or by creating entirely new ones or by editing existing ones.

If as a third option what you mean is the NPC groups in the Monster Manual, these are all still there. Open the MM, click on NPCs, then choose one of the options. This will lead to a fully searchable list.

If none of this helps, can you explain your problem in a little more detail.

damned
July 21st, 2015, 13:16
This is possibly referring to the accidental implementation of Monsters appearing in the NPC view. This was reverted back to the standard view where they are all stored in the Library and you just add those that you need for the current encounter/session/adventure/campaign...
You cant revert back if that is what you were referencing...

pensezbien
July 22nd, 2015, 05:21
Ah yes, I think damned addressed what I was referring to. I liked it but such is life. I can see how it was confusing.

I still see a similar view for the purchased modules' tables in the Tables screen. Is that intentional?

Thanks for the info.