PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy on steam or from store?

aquaknightus
July 21st, 2015, 00:15
I have decided to buy the Ultimate license. It appears to be $6.00 more on steam. would it be worth buying on steam or from the store on this site? I am not sure if one would be easier than the other.
Thanks for the help.

Trenloe
July 21st, 2015, 00:18
Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24577-I-m-Interested-in-Running-5e-LMoP-on-Thursdays-Any-Players&p=215589&viewfull=1#post215589

aquaknightus
July 21st, 2015, 00:22
Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I should just save the 6 dollars (on steam I need the 39.99 and the 114.99 upgrade) and buy the ultimate for 149 here. I am going to go all the way and buy the monster pack and players pack as I would eventually like to DM. I have been DMing since 1979 but this will be ALL NEW to me.
Thanks again Trenloe!

JohnD
July 21st, 2015, 01:03
Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I should just save the 6 dollars (on steam I need the 39.99 and the 114.99 upgrade) and buy the ultimate for 149 here. I am going to go all the way and buy the monster pack and players pack as I would eventually like to DM. I have been DMing since 1979 but this will be ALL NEW to me.
Thanks again Trenloe!
You are going to love gaming with Fantasy Grounds.

Thete
July 21st, 2015, 02:32
Thanks again Trenloe!

Although I bought in long before steam, I now buy all the addition content via Steam
If you are like me, and enjoy seeing all your additional module and ruleset purchases, the get listed in the DLC section of steam, and you can add them to your wishlist and quickly see if any are on sale.

aquaknightus
July 21st, 2015, 04:01
Ok I am in. I picked up the Ultimate License and both the Core Class pack and Core Monster pack. I now have a lot of work to do. I will see where this takes me and plan the rest of my purchases from here. I am overwhelmed at the moment but it seems there are many people willing to help.
I hope to see some of you in game soon!

aquaknightus
July 21st, 2015, 04:03
I love World of Greyhawk!

JohnD
July 21st, 2015, 04:34
Yeah if you need any pointers, just ask.

MadBadHare
July 21st, 2015, 16:39
Ok I am in. I picked up the Ultimate License and both the Core Class pack and Core Monster pack. I now have a lot of work to do. I will see where this takes me and plan the rest of my purchases from here. I am overwhelmed at the moment but it seems there are many people willing to help.
I hope to see some of you in game soon!

I did the same about 2 months ago.. You will NOT be sorry. If ever you think you are getting frustrated just ask here and all will be well. The community is very helpful and always ready to help out. that is another reason I had no issue jumping completely in. I knew there would be people to help me swim.

Best and welcome to the pack