PDA

View Full Version : $ Help Wanted $ Experience FG DMs

Hargrave
July 20th, 2015, 16:54
Looking for experienced DM who has expertise in laying out campaign modules in the Fantasy Grounds GUI. Have maps, art work and all player content that needs to be set in a professional manner for commercial release. Profit sharing and compensation negotiable based on experience and more importantly motivation. Serious inquires ONLY!

contact [email protected]

Trenloe
July 20th, 2015, 16:57
Which ruleset/s would this be for?

Hargrave
July 20th, 2015, 17:02
D20, AD&D 3.5 and PFS

Daemini
July 24th, 2015, 03:41
I have a module I'm working on for 5e. How do you get paid for your module? (commercial release)

Zacchaeus
July 24th, 2015, 13:48
I have a module I'm working on for 5e. How do you get paid for your module? (commercial release)

I think you'd need to submit it to Wizards of the Coast to see if they'd want to publish it. You wouldn't be able to release anything for 5e on your own or indeed through anyone else other than WotC since there isn't an Open Gaming License arrangement like there was for some previous versions.

VenomousFiligree
July 24th, 2015, 14:36
I think you'd need to submit it to Wizards of the Coast to see if they'd want to publish it. You wouldn't be able to release anything for 5e on your own or indeed through anyone else other than WotC since there isn't an Open Gaming License arrangement like there was for some previous versions.

Many companies are producing 5e compatible products with the current OGL, you just have to be savvy with the terminology used.

However if we're talking about FG products then you'll need to speak with Smiteworks.

Zacchaeus
July 24th, 2015, 16:25
Many companies are producing 5e compatible products with the current OGL, you just have to be savvy with the terminology used.

Yeah, I've seen this and wondered how they were getting away with it. :)

Nylanfs
July 24th, 2015, 16:42
Lawyers...

Trenloe
July 24th, 2015, 16:46
Yeah, I've seen this and wondered how they were getting away with it. :)
They don't mention D&D at all - for example: "fifth edition of the world's oldest RPG" or something similar, then release it under the OGL. Things might change next week, or they might not...

JohnD
July 24th, 2015, 17:31
I'd be surprised if the boys would want to risk antagonizing their newest biggest business partner for the sake of a few dollars.

kylania
July 24th, 2015, 17:49
Things might change next week, or they might not...

Is this a GenCon announcement hint, a "things can change at anytime" thing or is there something I'm missing?