PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy AGE

midas
July 19th, 2015, 18:23
Green Ronin has finally released the Fantasy AGE core rulebook in PDF form at DriveThruRPG. The hardcover will be available at GenCon and afterwards, along with the companion book for Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana setting from his web series.

I know that in the past folks have discussed the possibility of a Dragon Age ruleset in Fantasy Grounds, and I was wondering if the team had reached out to Green Ronin Publishing about the possibility of licensing with Fantasy Grounds. Fantasy AGE is the system that was developed on the foundation of the Dragon Age system and I think it'd be outstanding if this wound up being a licensed product within Fantasy Grounds. I know for sure I'll be letting the team know at GenCon that I'd love to see their content licensed in FG.

Mask_of_winter
July 19th, 2015, 18:51
I'd like to see one too. If it weren't for the Dragon die CoreRpg could be used to run it.
I'm pretty sure a ruleset without a library could be made without licensing though.
In any case, AGE support of any kind would be nice!

damned
July 20th, 2015, 13:27
I know for sure I'll be letting the team know at GenCon that I'd love to see their content licensed in FG.

Talking to the publishers and getting them onside is a good thing...

Arion
July 20th, 2015, 15:08
I'd like to see one too. If it weren't for the Dragon die CoreRpg could be used to run it.
I'm pretty sure a ruleset without a library could be made without licensing though.
In any case, AGE support of any kind would be nice!

CoreRPG can do it with the extension created by the fantastic (!) Trenloe in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25068-Change-colour-on-1-dice
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25068-Change-colour-on-1-dice)
(Post 8)

There is of course no automation, but this is the main thing.

Mask_of_winter
July 20th, 2015, 19:30
CoreRPG can do it with the extension created by the fantastic (!) Trenloe in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25068-Change-colour-on-1-dice
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25068-Change-colour-on-1-dice)
(Post 8)

There is of course no automation, but this is the main thing.

Thank you very much!

sehmerus
July 21st, 2015, 18:35
IM working on some character sheet options in Core Rpg, i have almost all of the mage "abilities" and Talents filled out at abilities on a character sheet i named "library" (since i cant program, i can do data entry tho :) If someone who is good with XML interested helping out or converting the "abilities" i am making into a Library .mod file feel free to email me at [email protected] (fantasy age Fantasy grounds as subject pls)

I wanted to use the parser to make the mod, but the video demo of the parser for non 5e material scared me. LOL

Mask_of_winter
July 21st, 2015, 18:53
IM working on some character sheet options in Core Rpg, i have almost all of the mage "abilities" and Talents filled out at abilities on a character sheet i named "library" (since i cant program, i can do data entry tho :) If someone who is good with XML interested helping out or converting the "abilities" i am making into a Library .mod file feel free to email me at [email protected] (fantasy age Fantasy grounds as subject pls)

I wanted to use the parser to make the mod, but the video demo of the parser for non 5e material scared me. LOL

My plan was to use par5e for the reference manual and equipment but didn't think about a character sheet with all the abilities. That's a good idea if referenced and organized somewhere else as well. I want to use the MoreCore to allow for some targeting (attack only because Armor couldn't be accounted for fo damage) and the colored dice example extension for the stunt die.

Then on the waiting for the Titan's Grave sourcebook to come out :)

Good job sehmerus!

Trenloe
July 21st, 2015, 18:56
IM working on some character sheet options in Core Rpg, i have almost all of the mage "abilities" and Talents filled out at abilities on a character sheet i named "library" (since i cant program, i can do data entry tho :) If someone who is good with XML interested helping out or converting the "abilities" i am making into a Library .mod file
Remember that Fantasy Age material is covered by copyright. The game mechanics (dice rolling, etc.) aren't covered by copyright so putting together a basic framework to play the game is OK. However, the descriptive text from the RPG can't be distributed due to copyright - this includes the text of abilities, talents, etc. as these are descriptive text. You can use titles and any game mechanic "numbers", but descriptive prose can't be included. See the screenshot here for what's been done in the Star Wars libraries: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24150-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Library-modules&p=210563&viewfull=1#post210563 The game mechanic info (title, weapon qualities, price, weight, etc.) is included but the descriptive text isn't - a reference to the RPG rulebook is included where more info can be found.

sehmerus
July 21st, 2015, 19:22
Yes Trenloe, My own version will have game details, the version I share (if i share at all) will not. I Havent messed with Color die yet (for now im having the die result on the left most of the display be the dragon/action Die.) but its good to know that is available. I have started using More-Core so i can give health to npc & players.

David32780
August 8th, 2015, 12:40
A buddy and I have been working on a Fantasy Core Ruleset, Core Book Plug In and Titans Grave Module. It is looking awesome so far. We should be ready to use it in another week to two weeks tops or so.

I just finished the War Of the Dead Modules so I will be working on Fantasy Age and Dragon Age now for a bit.

Mask_of_winter
August 8th, 2015, 12:47
You should try to see if Green Ronin would agree for it to be an official Fantasy Grounds product. If you don't know how to go about this you should contact Doug and maybe he can help.

I'd buy your products!

darrenan
January 13th, 2016, 19:19
@David3270 - Did you get the ruleset finished? Any chance you might make it available for download, either through the community wiki page here, or some other mechanism?

David32780
January 13th, 2016, 19:33
I went ahead and just used the CoreRPG ruleset with a sheet I made with the MoreCore extension. I can send you that sheet HML file if you want.

As for the Players and DM Core Rulebook and TitansGrave players and module, I cannot give those out because of all of the copyright content.

darrenan
January 13th, 2016, 19:49
If I end up running a game, I'll hit you up. Don't need it right this second, thanks.

David32780
January 13th, 2016, 20:22
Yup, no problem.

damned
January 13th, 2016, 21:53
I went ahead and just used the CoreRPG ruleset with a sheet I made with the MoreCore extension. I can send you that sheet HML file if you want.

As for the Players and DM Core Rulebook and TitansGrave players and module, I cannot give those out because of all of the copyright content.

Hey David32780 could you load the charsheet.xml to this thread along with any other settings (like MoreCore CT Columns)... :)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23138-Share-Game-System-Character-Sheets

David32780
January 13th, 2016, 22:00
That is a great idea damned, Ill get that up here in a short bit.

Talyn
June 12th, 2016, 01:44
Did anything ever come of contacting the publisher or studio about allowing an official ruleset?

Keene
June 13th, 2016, 09:10
First arrived in your land, Please give most concorn!

ambercradle
June 18th, 2016, 06:56
Made a stunt die extension. It's based off the Mutant Year Zero Dice extension by ianmward (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28287-Mutant-Year-Zero-Dice-Mechanic). I have next to no experience in scripting so I just used his extension as a base and tweaked it. If you wanna thank someone, thank him.

Step-by-step:
1. Right click the d6 icon from your dice pool (bottom left of screen)
2. Select "Custom Dice" and click "d6stunt"
3. Drag it to your character sheet.

Character sheet doesn't show the red square. If it's possible, I have no idea how to do it. But the stunt die works when double clicking your stat to roll as shown in the log.

David32780
June 18th, 2016, 16:40
Did anything ever come of contacting the publisher or studio about allowing an official ruleset?

I finished a player and gm module for both Fantasy Age core & both for Titansgrave but never approached anyone. It is for my usage. They are modules with all data organized and made as drag and drop, even equipment (as much as CoreRPG) allows anyways. They are nothing fancy.

Come to think of it, I would love to have a Titansgrave theme though which would be cool. I really need to figure out how to build themes.

damned
June 19th, 2016, 04:12
I finished a player and gm module for both Fantasy Age core & both for Titansgrave but never approached anyone. It is for my usage. They are modules with all data organized and made as drag and drop, even equipment (as much as CoreRPG) allows anyways. They are nothing fancy.

Come to think of it, I would love to have a Titansgrave theme though which would be cool. I really need to figure out how to build themes.

Send me a PM if you have any questions on how to do this. Check out the themes on https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads and pull them apart and see how they work. You have permission to re-use any of the elements of those themes.

damned
June 19th, 2016, 07:31
Here is a quick and dirty Fantasy Age theme for CoreRPG.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/fantasyage.jpg

You can download it at: https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/fantasyage.jpg

David32780
June 19th, 2016, 09:03
Thanks a lot Damned!

Next week Ill break a few of these open and give some modding a try. Ill let you know if anything stumps me!