PDA

View Full Version : New to FG- Cannot add Race or Class to Character Sheet

Cartesian
July 19th, 2015, 16:27
Trying to provide all the background info first:
-I just bought Fantasy Grounds from Steam.
-It is the standard version. V3.1.1
-I have no additional modules and content.

So I can load up FG fine. Everything goes well. I go to Manage Characters from the main startup screen. I select PFRPG (So I can create a character not aligned to a specific campaign). I create a new character, and load the following modules (PFRPG Basic Rules). I give him a name and stats. I then have my Character Sheet and PFRPG Basic Rules open. Then I open up Races. I drag the icon from Dwarves (Or any other Race) and move it to the Race portion of the Character sheet.

So based on what I have seen in numerous videos, the race should auto populate, including changing stats etc. But when I try it, the sheet does not auto populate. I have also tried this with Class with a similar result.

So I have played around with it to see if I could figure it out. Strangely I CAN add other things like Feats or Items. I can add a image for the character it populates with the selected image. I opened up the Console and I see the following:
Script Error: [string "speak"]:1: setCurrentIdentity: Only clients can call setCurrentIdentity

I have tried looking for a good video etc on this and still can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I tried this for 3.5E and got similar results. I have tried creating a campaign and trying to generate a character there with similar results.

I know I am probably just getting some bonehead thing wrong but figured it would be easier to ask than to keep at it.

Mask_of_winter
July 19th, 2015, 17:06
Auto-populate is a unique feature to D&D 5e.

Cartesian
July 19th, 2015, 17:14
Auto-populate is a unique feature to D&D 5e.

oy thats lame. Thanks.

damned
July 20th, 2015, 13:31
oy thats lame. Thanks.

au contraire!
its an awesome feature of 5e. the features in 3.5/pathfinder are still pretty bloody good. far better than in any other VTT.
unfortunately the amount of coding etc required for the auto-populate functions, along with the incredible variety of choices available in PFRPG, means its probably very unlikely for this feature to make its way into PFRPG even though it is the #2 ruleset...