PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing

Honken
July 19th, 2015, 09:07
So i played in the Star Wars EotE game last night with Trenloe GMing, and i so happened to record it with X-split, and my quesiton is for you guys that has done videos, what program have you used for editing? My editing here will mostly be just cutting them up in smaller chunks and uploading them to Youtube. So what program should i use?

kylania
July 19th, 2015, 09:37
Sony Movie Studio (https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Movie-Studio-13-Download/dp/B00I3MTI9Q). It's fantastic, usually cheap and fully featured.

That's a US link, but I'm sure you can find it in Sweden too. :)

damned
July 19th, 2015, 09:59
Ive used Camtasia.
You can also upload it to youtube and edit it there too.

Honken
July 20th, 2015, 17:26
In a N00b misstake i saved the video to .flv, which very few editors support. Good thing that i found a free converter at least...

I have one video uploaded, link in Trenloes Edge of the Empire one shot. in the LFG forum, if you are interested.

/H

mghauber
July 23rd, 2015, 02:29
I hope you didn't edit out ALL of our witty comments....you Swedish Monster!!!! hahaha Be well Mi Amigo.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2015, 06:00
I used Camtasia many years ago. No complaints, easy to figure out, did everything I wanted. Easy to cut out pauses and splice things together. I didn't choose it, was provided for me.
I've also used Windows Movie Maker because it was installed and free. Used it to put together videos from pictures and video clips, add title pages and sounds. not sure it would be any good to splice out pauses and re-takes like I did with Camtasia.

kylania
July 31st, 2015, 16:50
Camtasia is nice but at $300 it's a little pricey when you can pick up Movie Studio for $20 or WMM for free. It's fantastic for tutorials, way easier than other options, just has a big price tag.