PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5E - Mystara - Wrath of the Immortals Campaign

Dkyrn
July 19th, 2015, 05:03
FG License: GM has Ultimate License. All Players welcome
Game System: D&D 5E - Mystara Setting

Time Zone: North American Eastern (GMT-5)
Day of week and time: Friday 9pm North American Eastern (GMT-5)
Start Date: TBD - Likely Friday, August 7th, 2015. Character Generation to be completed before then.
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long Term - Intended as a full campaign

Text or Voice: Text and Voice. Text will be used primarily for In Character roleplay with Voice used primarily for Out of Character communication
Voice software used: Ventrillo

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 at minimum. The campaign is intended to be driven by Roleplay.
Number of Players: Flexible. 3-7 with 5 probably being ideal.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, standard equipment
Character restrictions: I will try to be flexible and work to make most concepts fit. However, there are a few limitations imposed by the nature of Mystara as a game world.

Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1527

Scenario Details:

-This is intended to be a long term campaign set on Mystara and against the backdrop of the Wrath of the Immortals time period during which the Known World setting underwent significant political upheaval.
-Game sessions will be partially original, partially based on adapted modules.
-I am relatively new to Fantasy Grounds, having been about for a month or so. I have had the chance to play a few sessions and I've gone through the tutorial pages and videos fairly extensively but this will be the first game that I have run here.
-I have DMed before but not for some time and not in the 5E ruleset but I am looking forward to it.
-New Players to either FG or 5E are welcome. As mentioned I am not the most experienced at either but comfortable enough with both at this point that I feel I can help you along.
-There will be an emphasis on roleplay over rollplay. Much (though not necessarily all) of that roleplay will be text based
-Fairly detailed backgrounds are desirable and encouraged. I would very much like to personalize elements of the campaign based on the characters backgrounds.
-Characters should already be familiar with one another before the first adventure. As such some communication between the players and DM during character creation will be advantageous.
-Some knowledge or interest in Mystara will probably be helpful but by no means is it necessary.

Is this game likely to appeal to you?
-If you don't particularly like reading text, this is probably not the best game for you.
-If the game rules and mechanics are what you enjoy most this might not be the best game for you.
-If you don't like putting together a character background, if you prefer to let your character develop solely through the game, this campaign might not appeal as much.
-If you only really enjoy dungeon crawls, this is probably not the ideal game for you.
-If you don't have any interest in political roleplay, this might not be the game for you.

Hopefully there will be a few people out there for who this sort of game and setting appeals. Mystara was my first and favorite world among the various D&D Campaign settings and I never quite got the chance to run a full Wrath of the Immortals campaign. I look forward to finding a few others who also think this sort of long-term campaign could be fun.

Troy47
July 19th, 2015, 18:28
Approach sounds just up my alley. But I'm pacific time, meaning I'd need this game to start 9pm EST or later. Is that possible?

Dkyrn
July 19th, 2015, 20:36
From my perspective, I can conceivably start as late as 9pm Eastern, especially on a Friday or Sunday. So it is a possibility. I'm just waiting to hear back on a couple of things and then I will try to set a firmer day and time.

FallenNorth
July 19th, 2015, 21:00
Oh this sounds fun! though my internet is shaky up here.

Dkyrn
July 20th, 2015, 03:11
I have updated the post to include the likely day and time. The Campaign should run weekly at Friday 9pm North American Eastern (GMT-5) The likely start date will be August 7th, 2015 with character generation to be completed before then.

Eavaef
July 20th, 2015, 17:28
I would love to do this. I will apply on the calander , would like to play a warlock

Dkyrn
July 20th, 2015, 23:34
If you have spoken to me here in this thread or privately, please make sure to add yourself to the game calendar (the link is in my initial post). I will post additional details shortly so that those playing can start fleshing out their concepts.

FallenNorth
July 21st, 2015, 01:57
Would a Drow Rogue be ok?

Dkyrn
July 21st, 2015, 02:31
I was just about to post some more in-depth guidelines in regards to what will fit with this campaign. Unfortunately Drow are the only official 5E Race that I have to disallow. They do not exist on Mystara and as that world already has it's own evil underground elf race I can't even really finesse them in like with Dragonborn or Tieflings.

Dkyrn
July 21st, 2015, 02:44
Character Guidelines:

Races: Any officially supported 5E Race except Drow (which do not exist in Mystara). If you want to play anything that falls outside this range of races please check with me first. I won't summarily disallow it but the concept will have to be both good and balanced.

Classes: Any officially supported 5E Class.

Equipment: Will be based on your class/background rather than bought.

Backgrounds: Are required. If you want to add color from the campaign setting I will be happy to help. It would be best if the characters have some existing tie to one another so some communication between players will probably be necessary before we start.

Ability Generation: My preference is to roll up the characters. If most of you express a strong preference to do the array-method of stat setting I'm amendable.

Starting Location: The campaign will begin in the bustling frontier town of Threshold, located in the northern wilds of the Grand Duchy of Karameikos.

Dkyrn
July 21st, 2015, 02:49
When you have your basic concept ready (Race, Class, any additional details that you feel comfortable sharing) please post it to the thread. If you have any questions you would like me to answer or details you would like me to elaborate on first, let me know.

FallenNorth
July 21st, 2015, 03:51
Wood elf work?

FallenNorth
July 21st, 2015, 03:59
Wood elf Rogue Spy background

(Linguist feat(+1 Int) so fluent in Elvish, Common, Dwarfish, Draconic and Sylvan and Actor feat (+1 Dex) advantage on deception and performance rolls)

Proficient in Deception, performance, Stealth(Rogue, duh) and acrobatics.

Very low physical strength but lithe and agile. Enjoys playing cards(spy background proficiency)

Chaotic good alignment, Fiery red hair, yet outwardly calm to the point of aggravating others. 35 years, so a very young elf.

And that is the basics of my character so far.

Thanks for your consideration :)

Dkyrn
July 21st, 2015, 04:04
That looks like it should work fine. Nice to have you aboard.

FallenNorth
July 21st, 2015, 18:13
Sweet Thanks

BranHelsing
July 21st, 2015, 19:25
I'm uncertain if you're still accepting new players. The posting on the calendar was starting to look claustrophobic. But if it's the case, I'd be happy to join your campaign and can craft a character that would help balance the party combat/skill-wise.

Eavaef
July 21st, 2015, 19:41
Locran Owl wood Elf Druid (Hermit)

Proficient in Nature and Animal Handling

Very low physical strength but Smart and agile.

Neutral, Forest Green Hair, Rather quiet, he prefers the company of animals the forest and other druids and elfs. He likes to take in his surroundings before acting. Recently his fellow druids en tasked him to go out and explore the world and return if ever a changed man.

So far that where I started , I rolled the character up using the spread but can change that i we roll stats ! I will work on my bio from befor recent events and how I came to know my fellow adventures once we can get together !

Dkyrn
July 21st, 2015, 20:00
Looking good. I will try to post a time when I will be available and can start up FG for others to log in so we can start working some of those details out.

Eavaef
July 21st, 2015, 20:45
Excellent !

Troy47
July 22nd, 2015, 05:55
I'd like to play a human fighter or ranger, whichever suits the party makeup better. Would like to talk about the world/background a bit, new to the lore.

Antigone
July 22nd, 2015, 12:23
I'd like to play a human fighter or ranger, whichever suits the party makeup better. Would like to talk about the world/background a bit, new to the lore.

I recommend : https://pandius.com/ you will find all you want about Mystara

Dkyrn
July 22nd, 2015, 18:19
Just a couple of quick things... We have slightly more interested in playing then we have official spots. I'm okay with that for the moment. Chances are some won't be able to make their characters or won't be able to make Friday nights after all.

Secondly, for those who want to start making their characters or meet to discuss their backgrounds/concepts I will put the game and Ventrillo server up for tomorrow night at around 10pm (-5GMT). I will be available several more times over the weekend and next week so for those that can not make it then it is not a big deal

FallenNorth
July 23rd, 2015, 02:36
Cool, that sounds like a good time for me.
See you tomorrow then

Dkyrn
July 23rd, 2015, 02:49
As previously mentioned the time period the campaign is set in is a turbulent one for the nations of the Known World. The characters will almost certainly get caught up in that. I'll give a little blurb about each of the nations for background and for those who might want to encompass some of these details into their concepts. While the campaign will start in the Grand Duchy of Karameikos there is no reason that all of the characters have to have originated there.

Grand Duchy of Karameikos - A relatively new nation, it was part of the Empire of Thyatis until about 30 years ago when the current Duke, Stephan Karameikos traded his rich, ancestral duchy for the vast but sparsely populated territory of Traldara. The nation still remains split between the ruling class Thyatians (think Romans/Byzantines) and the native Traldarans (Eastern Europeans). Increasingly the nation is uniting under the Duke however. There is a sizeable population of Demi-humans including 2 separate clans of elves and a sizeable community of dwarves and gnomes.

Empire of Thyatis - East of the Karameikos is the mightiest nation on the continent. Thyatian is the common language for most of the Known World and the calendar is based on the crowning of the first Thyatian Emperor. The nation is notoriously corrupt, especially the senate. For the most part the Emperor has his gaze turned further east across the Sea of Dawn towards their historic rivals, the Alphatian Empire.

The Five Shires - West of Karameikos is the ancestral home of the halflings of the Known World. A mostly pleasant nation of rolling hills, grassy plains and well kept farms and settlements there is another side to the halflings of the Shires. No pirates are more feared then the all Halflings crews that sail the Sea of Dread to the south.

Kingdom of Irendei - An island tropical paradise, this kingdom tends to be the location people aspire to visit once in their life. Otherwise it is mostly known for the yearly tournament that attracts some of the mightiest heroes in the Known World. The winners of the tournament become King and Queen for the next year. It is located south of Karameikos in the Sea of Dread.

Minrothad Guilds - Located southeast of Karameikos in the Sea of Dread, the Minrothad Guilds is a trading nation spread across a chain of islands. While trying to present a united front to outsiders, the Guilds are made up by individual clans (guilds) that fiercely compete with each other for trade and power.

Emirates of Ylaruam - A desert nation to the north east of Karameikos, it has been occupied by both Thyatis and Alphatia at different times. The Ylari are a fiercely independent nation now, devoted to their religion. They are especially noted for their fierce warriors and fanatical clerics.

Republic of Darokin - A large nation to the north of Karameikos, Darokin is nominally a Republic though effectively it is run by the wealthy heads of the various merchant houses. Darokin is a very prosperous nation, where trade is king and movement between the various financial classes is both frequent and encouraged giving the average Darokin citizen a higher standard of living then almost anywhere else in the Known World. The Republic is also known as the Land of the Leftovers as it was basically formed out of territory left unclaimed by other nations and because it is a very open and accepting society, allowing almost any race to live within it's borders so long as they respect the laws of the land. The formal boundaries of Darokin completely encircle Alfheim and the extreme east and northeast of the country belong to the Republic in name only, being completely overrun by hostile humanoid tribes.

Alfheim - The principle homeland of most elves in the Known World, Alfheim is home to ten separate clans of elves. Their nation is completely encircled by Darokin, with whom they have good relations for the most part. Alfheim is a vast forest, maintained by a numerous spells that allow it to thrive in what otherwise would be fairly barren ground. These spells have helped to create a number of magical 'hotspots', some of which have proven beneficial to the elves but some of which occasionally spawn hordes of monsters or dark magical effects within their borders.

Rockhome - Located northwest of Ylaruam and northeast of Darokin and Alfheim, Rockhome is the principal home of most dwarves in the Known World. While they mostly dwell below ground, their largest cities also have a surface component to them, largely for the outside traders who brave their mountains. A number of different clans dwell in the Kingdom, most with a particular emphasis on one type of trade or another (For instance, Clan Everast is predominantly made up of the bureaucrats and diplomats while Clan Torkrest dominates the military)

Northern Reaches - North of the Emirates of Ylaruam begins the Northern Reaches, 3 independent but closely allied nations (think Vikings). Soderfjord Jarldoms is the southern-most of them. While technically a Kingdom, it is the individual Jarls who appoint the King and then pretty much go about doing as they please be it fighting amongst themselves or raiding and pirating. Vestland is north of Soderfjord and is the most civilized of the three nations, resembling a southern kingdom. Ostland, is the island kingdom, off to the east of Vestland. The most backwards of the three allied nations, they cling to their traditions of raiding and slave trading.

The Heldann Freeholds - North of the Northern Reaches, the Heldanic people are related to those of the Northern Reaches. Until 20 years ago or so there was no organized government beyond that of a local mayor or village council. However, a band of xenophobic, racist knights exiled from the Empire of Thyatis conquered the region, reducing the local populace to serf-like levels while imposing their quasi-religious rule. Since then the region has risen rapidly in power.

Ethengar Khanates - Located to the west of the Northern Reaches and Heldann Freeholds and to the east of Glantri, Ethengar is populated by a nomadic horsemen on their barren, grassy steppes. Usually very tribal, and frequently fighting amongst themselves, they are periodically brought together by a Great Khan, who rules the tribes through force of will and combat skill, frequently overrunning their borders and invading their neighbors.

Broken Lands - Located north of Darokin and south of Glantri, the broken lands are a barren, crag stretch of land with only a few known trails through it. And hordes of hostile humanoids. The area is dominated by powerful orc chieftain Thar who regularly leads his hordes against Darokin, Glantri or Ethengar.

Principalities of Glantri - Located to the north of the Broken Lands and West of Ethengar, Glantri is a magocracy. Made up of 10 principalities, each of which is ruled by an archmage, nobility in Glantri is limited to arcane casters. Lesser nobles swear fealty to the Princes and Princesses of the land, creating factions that then contest against one another in an unruly parliment. Magical wonders are commonplace, but so too are magical horrors. Glantri City is home to the foremost center of magical learning in the world, the Great School of Magic. Priests are banned from the nation on pain of death and dwarves also find themselves unwelcome (due to unfair accusations of bringing a plague among the people more then a century earlier). 2 of the Principalities are ruled by elf clans. Glantri is also dogged by consistent rumors that their nobility (and even their princes) number liches, vampires and werewolves.

Empire of Alphatia - Located to the east of the Known World proper, Alphatia is spread across a number of island-continents and very well might be the mightiest nation of the face of Mystara. Fleeing their own dimension thousands of years ago, incredibly powerful arcane and divine spellcasters found refuge on Mystara and rapidly began to expand through what is modern day Alphatia and over the eastern edge of the Known World, including what today is Thyatis and Ylaruam. All spellcasters are considered part of the Gentry class, which spell privileges and only spellcasters - be they arcane or divine - can be elevated to the nobility in the Empire proper. They are presently ruled by an Empress who is advised by a council of one thousand archmages. Only the fact that as a nation they are very divided in their goals and ideals has kept Alphatia from completely overrunning their former colonies though they still frequently skirmish with Thyatis, usually over the Isle of Dawn.

And that is a not so brief overview of the principal nations. Make use of it as you will. And as Antigone pointed out, the Vaults of Pandius are a great web resource if you want more details about a particular area.

FallenNorth
July 23rd, 2015, 05:54
I've been working on my character bio, so really all I need to do is roll stats and figure out how I know the other party members and interact with them.
Thanks for the link to pandius btw, great help for the bio.

Antigone
July 23rd, 2015, 12:34
I dont know Ventrllo server, how it works.

Moop
July 23rd, 2015, 13:34
Currently working on a Gnome Bard concept to support and annoy :)

Antigone
July 23rd, 2015, 15:37
The concept for my human warrior is really avenced,,, but why i have the feeling i will be annoy by a gnome bard.

Ziff
July 23rd, 2015, 16:00
I just stumbled on this posting today. I have been a member of FG for some time, but have only used it with a small group of friends and never in an open session setting. In fact, this is my very first posting. I am interested in giving it a try and would like to be considered. I am familiar with D&D 5e and would like to try it out on FG. I also live in the pacific times zone and the later the start time, the better.

Dkyrn
July 24th, 2015, 01:44
I just posted the server name on the Game Calendar for those looking to connect tonight to start on their character.

The Ventrillo server information is as follows:
Address: polonium.typefrag.com
Port: 5680

I'll help out those that need assistance in getting it set up.

Dkyrn
July 24th, 2015, 18:39
Thanks to Moop, Antigone, FallenNorth, and Ziff who all touched base with me last night. I probably won't be available tonight or not until late but the game will be up frequently over the weekend and next week.

merlin19y
July 24th, 2015, 23:45
are there any openings on this game by chance

FallenNorth
July 25th, 2015, 05:33
Oh I dropped the actor feat.

Kadoogan
July 26th, 2015, 07:13
Hey, I'd love to join this game. Seems exactly my bag. I'm very into roleplaying and politics, but enjoy combat as well. The time and day are perfect for me.

Hopefully you still have a slot!

Dkyrn
July 26th, 2015, 17:27
Unfortunately, at the moment there are no available spots in the campaign. At the moment, of the 7 players who are confirmed, 6 have reached out to me and begun the process of putting together their character. If anyone hasn't more or less completed their character in the last couple of days before the campaign is due to begin, it is possible that a spot might open up then.

Kadoogan
July 26th, 2015, 20:25
Ok. I have a char and backstory - a Human Knowledge cleric from a merchant family of Darokin.

If A slot opens up., cool. If not, c'est la vie. Good luck with the campaign.

Dkyrn
July 26th, 2015, 20:38
Thank you. Should anything open up I'll let you know by the 4th or 5th.

BranHelsing
July 26th, 2015, 20:46
I'm still ironing out some of the details, but here's my character sheet so far. I still need to roll stats and choose spells and equipment.

Name
Coraggio

Race
Human
Caurenzean (Caurenze, Principalities of Glantri)
Male, 30 years old, 6', 160 lbs.

Class
Warlock

Background
Charlatan

Alignment
Chaotic Good

Deity
Agnostic

Skills
Intimidation, Investigation, Deception, Sleight of Hand

Features
Pact Magic (The Archfey)
Expanded Spell List (The Archfey)
Fey Presence
False Identity (Charlatan)

Proficiencies
Armor: Light armor
Weapon: Simple weapons

Languages
Thyatian
Glantrian

Personality Traits
I have a joke for every occasion, especially occasions where humor is inappropriate.

Ideals
Aspiration. I'm determined to make something of myself. (Any)

Bonds
I fleeced the wrong person and just work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.

Flaws
I can't resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

Appearance
Dark-eyed and wry-featured, Coraggio has a guileful outlook. He is a man in his prime of average height and lean build, kept fit by the rigorous physical exercise attendant to fleeing for one's life. His bronze face, belying Thyatian descent, is often mediated by a grin of dubious authenticity and seems to smirk even at rest. Commonly clean shaven, his commitment to a charming upkeep is evident, borderline foppish. His meticulously styled, coal-black hair is typically crowned by a ridiculous top hat that has obviously endured an arrow-wound.

He wears a sleeveless purple double with great striped baragoni over a fancifully cuffed gossamer shirt, accompanied by absurd trunk hosiery and stockings. His shoes are comically formal, battle-damaged but polished to a punctual sheen. A richly filigreed sword cape, its ornamentation probably no indicator of its quality, veils his right side and the wand hip-holstered on his belt. A high, whisked collar and red-gemmed brooch (actually stained glass) completes the ensemble. His fine clothing does not withstand close inspection, revealing careful patchwork.

History
From the principality of Caurenze, Coraggio is a Glantrian of humble beginnings, humble middles, and by all indications soon to be humble ends. He set out to make his fortune at a young age, leaving behind a mother who wept for him. Being possessed of no inherent magical ability, or any useful life skills, Coraggio was woefully under-qualified for his entreprenurial ambitions. The streets were his academy, and so he scraped by, scheme to scheme, a student of the art of decepetion who never fully matriculated.

Caurenze is an affluient principality and its people share a deep awe and reverence of magic. Sham fortune-telling and hawking "magical" items became Coaraggio's specialities. He did much of his business disguised as the otherworldly and mystifying Emporio Diavopheles, who was routinely created by applying a prosthetic nose and beard. Audacious enough to tempt fate by conning the most astute elite, Coraggio enjoyed the challenge of emptying the most guarded pockets. He found companionship among like-minded tradesmen, performers, and outliers. Chief among these were his gorgeous stagehand Margarita, a courtesan for whom he professed courtly love and was constantly rebuffed, and special effects coordinator Guasparre, a pickpocket who also supplied Coraggio's counterfeit wares.

Though his existence was mostly misfortune, especially notable misfortune befell him when he attempted to con the highest mark in all Caurenze: the Prince Innocenti de Malapietra himself. His gambit instantly exposed, the Prince's guards seized Coraggio and threw the false magician into a cell beneath the arena. One look at his anticipated gladiatorial rivals, whose muscles had muscles, revealed this for what it was: a death sentence certain to bring a mighty chorus of laughter.

But Coraggio would not die, not yet. For he was paid a visit by a dark stranger, clearly some fiendish entity, who spoke to him through the bars of his cell. The stranger promised him not only life but the riches and fame that had always eluded him. The only catch was he—actually, at the time, Coraggio could not have told you the catch, for he accepted the offer impulsively and was immediately granted more magical ability that he had ever pretended to possess. Armed with this gift, he escaped from the Prince's dungeon and fled south by caravan in disguise.

It was only later that Coraggio would be reminded of what he had pledged in consideration of the bargain. At the end of his journey his soul was forfeit. Thinking this contract somewhat unconscionable, Coraggio decided to convert his despair into optimism and began searching for way to renege on his pact. Of course, it had its benefits in the meantime: he was able to pass off his baubles more easily with actual magic powers in the more magic-naive southern lands. And further south he went, leaving an easily trackable trail of unsatisfied customers in his wake for the Prince's bounty hunters.

This trail leads now all the way to the Grand Duchy of Karameikos.

Dkyrn
July 27th, 2015, 23:47
The game will be up after 9pm Eastern (-5GMT) for anyone who is still working on putting together their character.

Dkyrn
July 29th, 2015, 00:21
The game will be up again after 9pm Eastern (-5GMT) tonight for anyone who is still getting their character together.

Dkyrn
July 29th, 2015, 01:40
As mentioned before, the campaign will begin in the large frontier town of Threshold, located in the wild, mostly unsettled northern portion of the Grand Duchy of Karameikos. It is also one end of the major trade route that ultimately leads up into the Republic of Darokin and the Emirates of Ylaraum through the Altan Tepes mountains. The characters might have different reasons from having found themselves in Threshold -- there are plenty of adventuring and employment opportunities on the frontier and it is a growing trade town -- but it is certainly that trade route that will spur them on. One of the PCs (Volunteers will be great, otherwise I'll pick the most likely candidate) received a letter from his uncle (by marriage), an increasingly successful merchant with one of the prominent Merchant Guilds in Darokin. Their cousin will be passing through, leading his first trade caravan and will have more details about a prospective opportunity this uncle would like them (and a few other likely souls) to undertake on his behalf...

Dkyrn
August 1st, 2015, 01:30
For those who haven't had a chance to finalize their character, the game will be up this evening.

Dkyrn
August 2nd, 2015, 05:18
For anyone who has not yet completed their character, please let me know when would be a good time to do so. I'd like to get this finalized in the next couple of days before we begin the campaign on Friday.

Dkyrn
August 4th, 2015, 18:47
Hey all. For anyone who hasn't finished their character yet, make sure to do so and insure that I have it by Thursday at the latest along with any background that you have put together for it. I look forward to starting the game on Friday.

Eavaef
August 5th, 2015, 03:22
Whoops I will get it done and over peter first three my in the morning

Dkyrn
August 6th, 2015, 01:27
Hey all. As mentioned in the initial post, while most of the in character interaction can be done through the in-game chat pane, we will be using voice chat to make the out of character interactions a little easier. For that we will be using Ventrilo, which is free to download from https://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

The Ventrillo server information is as follows:
Address: polonium.typefrag.com
Port: 5680

Should anyone need assistance getting it setup I'll try to lend a hand but please try to have it ready to go before Friday night. See you all then.

Dkyrn
August 8th, 2015, 00:05
The game will begin at 9pm Eastern as planned. It should be up by 8. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Phantasms
August 8th, 2015, 03:54
If anyone drops out. My friend and I would like to join we are both experienced on FG and 5E. Both of us roleplay very well.

BranHelsing
August 8th, 2015, 06:16
Had a fun time tonight and look forward to next week's dire consequences!

Dkyrn
August 8th, 2015, 23:52
I will definitely echo that. Thank you to everyone who made it. I have updated the Game Calendar to reflect the next session date of Friday August 14 at 9pm Eastern (-5GMT). Hopefully we will all be able to make it again.

Kadoogan
August 15th, 2015, 02:01
https://imgur.com/HFEpawA

FallenNorth
August 31st, 2015, 07:31
Hey everyone. sorry I missed last weeks adventure. I was heading back home for the school year and I didn't have internet for two days. Sorry about not getting on this earlier.

BranHelsing
September 5th, 2015, 01:50
I'm going to be a few minutes late this evening, so please don't wait up. I will dive in when I arrive. I have a concern from last week about my total HP. I started out with 11 (1d8 + 3 from CON). For second level I rolled an 8 and for third level I rolled a 7. The rule says it's 1d8 (or 5) plus CON modifier. Last week you had mentioned another method in calculating this? Thanks!

Dkyrn
September 16th, 2015, 18:41
Hey all,
Isring has decided to leave the campaign. As he was the primary healer for the party let me know if you are all comfortable continuing as is or if you feel that we should be recruiting a healer replacement.

FallenNorth
September 17th, 2015, 01:01
Umm I have a druid character I could buff to match our party.
I'm not sure of the mechanics of running two characters in the app, but I could probably work it out.

FallenNorth
September 18th, 2015, 19:09
Also a cleric I could buff up as well.

FallenNorth
September 18th, 2015, 22:35
We'll Miss you Isring :'(

Deviancy
September 19th, 2015, 01:35
I definitely feel we need to make sure to have a primary healer who is wanting to play a primary healer.

truthholds
September 24th, 2015, 07:13
Toaster Strudel! LFG weekly 11am-4pm/8pm-3am EST (GMT -4) 5e or pathfinder non evil

Hi
As I stated I am interested in any of those times listed in the title days: Monday through Thursday morning or evening and available for the Saturday evening only.
If that fits into your start time regardless of time zone please let me know. If you just need a player slot filled or just beginning, I am available. I do both voice and chat. Prefer at least 50\50 combat over role-play in a mature group. If you can fit it in those times, I can a guaranteed regular player. I have a little experience with fantasy grounds and novice to role-play.

I realize I am being extra specific with conditions, but I realize the frustration with getting a regular campaign with regular players. So in an attempt to forego the unpleasantness I am laying all out and hope I can get into a group that is serious about gaming regularly(weekly or multiple days per week).

I hope you understand and can get back to me soon.

Thanks.

Dkyrn
September 25th, 2015, 18:52
Just a reminder that there is no game this week. We will resume next Friday, October 2nd.

Dkyrn
October 9th, 2015, 22:57
Hey All,
My apologies for the last minute notice but I am caught at work and won't be there in time to get the game started this week. We will resume next week. Sorry about that

Deviancy
October 9th, 2015, 22:59
Thanks for letting us know. See you next week.

ranger74
October 10th, 2015, 10:04
I'm totally new to FG and only familiar with D&D up to 3.5, but this looks like exactly the reason I started looking for a way to play again. I grew up in Mystara and would love to get involved with this campaign if there's ever an opening.

FallenNorth
October 13th, 2015, 19:37
You willing to be a full time healer?

Dkyrn
October 13th, 2015, 23:48
I've discussed things with him. He might sit in on our next session this Friday before any decisions are made.

Dkyrn
October 16th, 2015, 22:17
We are good to go tonight as planned. See you all around 9 Eastern

Dkyrn
November 1st, 2015, 02:55
Hey, sorry for the abrupt cutoff last night. My ISP had issues.

Dkyrn
November 7th, 2015, 00:48
Hey all,

Unfortunately I am not going to get away from work in time to make it home for tonight's game. We shall pick up as normal next Friday.

pacio49
November 9th, 2015, 22:25
Hello all. I'm a seasoned player and DM running my own FG 5e game with a group that meets every month or so. I'd be interested in joining a 5e game as a player that meets regularly and is slightly more 'story-focused' than hack & slash just to get a break from running things. I'm an older player (44), and I like both the roleplay as well as the mechanics of the game. Always interested in learning new play styles and tips and tricks for maximizing the Fantasy Grounds experience.

I was wondering if there were still opportunities for new players to join in your existing campaign. I'm willing to submit to a playtest or two to ensure the right compatibility around the VTT. Friday nights should be doable for me most of the time. I'm fine with playing any class, including a dedicated Healer (Life Cleric) if that's needed by the party. I'm new to the background for Mystara, so I'll need some notes on the setting to be able to do up a nice background history that will mesh well with the ongoing campaign. If Healer roles are full, I'd love to play a Dragonborn Barbarian with some kind of funky 'off' background like maybe 'Sailor' or 'Criminal'. Really, I can turn any needed class slot into something noteworthy to play, so if the party feels they need a role covered, I'm fine with jumping in to round off the party.

I live in Connecticut, USA, so I'm on Eastern Standard Time. I have the Full license for the game, not the Ultimate, and I've purchased the PHB and MM DLC for 5e already. I have a long commute for work, so I usually end up getting home from work on Fridays at around 8:00pm. Just enough time to grab some dinner and hop on the game. :) I tend to be a laid back, share-the-spotlight type of player.

Let me know if you need me to sign up with more specifics on the Game Calendar.

Thanks!

-Adam

Dkyrn
November 21st, 2015, 01:30
I accidentally changed the server name for the game. Please see the Game Calendar listing for the new server alias.

Dkyrn
December 11th, 2015, 23:40
Hey all,

We should be good to pick back up tonight. I hope everyone remembered that I was going to be out of town last week. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to post a reminder before I left.

Hope to see you all tonight.

FallenNorth
December 23rd, 2015, 21:58
sorry i've missed the last two weeks, I've been working.

Dkyrn
January 15th, 2016, 18:00
Hi All,

I'm afraid I'm fighting the flu and so I'm cancelling the game tonight. We can pick up as normal next week

Dkyrn
January 29th, 2016, 23:48
Hi All,

A few people have messaged me to say that they can not make it tonight and as I'm caught at work late too we won't be playing this week. We'll pick up next week.

pacio49
February 13th, 2016, 01:50
Hate to do this but I need to take a rain check this week. Got stuck at work late on new business.
-Cygnus

Dkyrn
March 4th, 2016, 23:28
Hey All,

Again,a few people have let me know that they will not be able to make it this week. We shall be picking up next Friday, March 11th.

Dkyrn
March 10th, 2016, 01:29
Hey All,

Unfortunately my schedule is changing towards the end of the month and it is going to make it impossible to continue to run the game as is. Obviously it is not going to be possible to wrap up the campaign in the couple of weeks still available. That said, if you would still like to do something over the next two Fridays that I'm still available at our existing time, I can still run something. Let me know if you have any preferences. Either way, thanks for all of your participation.

__doug__
March 10th, 2016, 03:56
Bummer. I was really enjoying it.

I would suggest playing on a bit if possible.

pacio49
March 11th, 2016, 18:28
Big bummer! Unfortunately I have work conflicts that came up for me tonight, so I can't make it tonight, but I'd be down for extending it as long as you're able. If your work schedule shifts again in the future please let me know. And thanks for putting all the work into the game!

-Cygnus

FallenNorth
March 11th, 2016, 18:42
Hmm, I'd still like to play for the last two weeks. I've had a lot of fun with this over the past months

Dkyrn
March 12th, 2016, 01:26
Hey All,

We're going to be a couple people short tonight so we won't meet tonight. However, based on the feedback everyone is at least interested in another session so the plan will be for anyone available to meet next Friday for a final session. I'll see what little dangling plot hooks we can perhaps wrap up.

__doug__
March 12th, 2016, 01:48
A final session sounds good to me. See you next Friday.