PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG CombatTracker editable by clients

Sean89
July 18th, 2015, 11:51
Hey together,

i want apply clients to edit the order-value in ct.
My problem: The fields are readonly, doesn't matter what i do.

Tried different things.
- ct/templete_ct.xml: Changed the Template number_ct_static and deleted the <readonly /> - dosen't work
- ct/template_ct.xml: Changed the Template number_ct_crosslinkc and deleted the <gmeditonly/>, then changed the tag in ct_client.xml to crosslinkc - dosen't work

Do you have any ideas how i can set the Order-Value as editable for clients?

Thanks for help!

Mask_of_winter
July 18th, 2015, 11:57
Try MoreCore: https://www.fg-con.com/morecore-extension/

Trenloe
July 18th, 2015, 15:58
By default FG only allows one user to own the database entries the fields are linked to. For the combat tracker this is just the GM.

In the MoreCore extension Mask mentions the order field in the combat tracker is linked to a field on the player character sheet. As the base field is on the character sheet, which the player owns, then they can change the order on the character sheet and this will be reflected in the combat tracker.

Or, you may be able to write some LUA code to add the player as a holder (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/databasenode.xcp#addHolder) (or maybe even might require owner) of the combat tracker database entry to be able to change the order value in the combat tracker database.

damned
July 19th, 2015, 13:06
MoreCore is intended to extend CoreRPG with some more basic features but also to be expanded on if you want to add *some* more features without writing a full blown ruleset.
You can drag and drop damage on to targets, you can track init, health, wounds. You cant do automatic combat resolution as that is so specific to different rulesets/gamesystems.

jreddin1
July 19th, 2015, 16:06
Another option to add on to Trenloe's list: You could use an OOB message to have the client send the value you want to the host side, and then have the host side update it.