PDA

View Full Version : 5E D&D looking for player; Sunday evening 8:30 p.m. GMT+9 (East Asia)

spoofer
July 17th, 2015, 12:31
Hi all,

I am recruiting for our 5E D&D group. We meet on Sunday evening 8:30 p.m. GMT+9 (East Asia). We have just started the Princes of the Apocalypse campaign from level one. There will be some interruptions for summer vacation, but otherwise we play every week.

Please read the below information, and then private message me with the following:

Your name, your time zone, and a brief explanation of how the time zone GMT+9 works for you, if you are not in this time zone.
Your email address.
Acknowledgement that you have read the below contents.

I look forward to playing with you!

Kevin

############################

You need to have the standard membership for FG or better to join.

We use TeamSpeak for chat.
As for the role / roll mix, it really depends on the player. We range for 80/20 to 20/80.

We have:
rogue
wizardly type
barbarian

Character Creation is a 27 point build with 15 being the highest before racial modifiers. 8 is the lowest you can have.

As for races, the Genasi and Goliath races from the campaign book are allowed, but not the other two. Also, You can also use any race from the Player’s Handbook, except: Drow and Dragonborn. Be forewarned, the more exotic you are the more stares and possible negative reactions towards you there may be. Be prepared to roleplay your character to change others attitudes towards you and your kin.

We have the FG 5e package, so if anyone wants to use that to build their character you can.

The game will be set in Mr. Greenwood's Forgotten Realms. Factions are possible for you to start out with. I think the DMG guide and WotC have more info on this. This is optional. This should also be secret....meaning it is up to your character to tell the party that you belong to a faction, not the DM. This also includes any info that was passed on to you through your sources. Message the DM privately if you are interested. These factions have a network of connections that could be helpful for info and the like. If you want to be in a faction remember your character has to be behind it and believe in it as well, creating another layer for you to roleplay with.

The factions are:

The Harpers: A scattered network of spellcasters and spies, the Harpers advocate equality and covertly oppose the abuse of power, magical or otherwise

The Order of the Gauntlet: Primarily a military organization made up of paladins, clerics and monks. Members of the order are faithful and vigilant seekers of justice who protect others from the depredations of evildoers. They are swift to punish those who violate the law

The Emerald Enclave: wilderness survivalists who preserve the natural order while rooting out unnatural threats Many of the Enclave's members are barbarians, druids and rangers. They like to help protect travellers from the dangers fo the wild

The Lord's Alliance: a shaky compact of aggressive political powers concerned with mutual security and prosperity. They are often glory hounds seeking personal recognition. Most agents are lawful or neutral; in the courtly circles of the lords, those who don't follow the rules seldom last long.

The Zhentarim: a shadow network that seeks to expand its influence and power base throughout Faerun. Its members coerce, persuade or buy their way into every major area of influence. Recruits are any who can conduct its business without too many moral reservations

##################

Here are some expectations about player behaviour that I wrote for my game. I will post them here even though I am not the DM. I think they still hold more or less.

1. Everyone is welcome until they break or bend the rules. Then you are no longer welcome.

2. Respect your Dungeon Master. He puts a ton of work into this. Yes, I know that it is not perfect, but I try. Please respect that. Complaining about something, particularly something rules-related, during the session is not welcomed. I am open to positive criticisms worded in a friendly way. Send me a private email message. Ask and you shall receive.

3. Complaining about things that I have no control over, such as Push-to-Talk or specific features of FG, is not permitted. Your complaints add nothing positive to the evening; Do not do it.

4. Do not cause feedback with your mike set up. Buy a mike headset. If, for some reason, you are unwilling to use a mike headset, then it is your responsibility to eliminate any feedback that you are causing. This is personal pet peeve of mine. I do not care if you do not mind feedback; I do mind it, so do not do it.

5. Respect your fellow players and their characters. In my game, your characters are a team working towards a common goal. Your character does not steal from, push, shove, attack, or in any way hinder other members of the group, either directly or indirectly. For example, if the group is trying to rescue the princess, then you do not do actions that will anger the prince (as this will reduce the amount of his cooperation). Similarly, your language towards others, both in character, and out of character must be respectful at all times. You can roleplay unhappy thoughts towards another character as long as it is done tastefully, and in the spirit of this rule, i.e., with respect for that player. If you cannot abide by this rule, you need to find a different group. I have asked players unwilling to follow this rule to leave my group in the past. This rule is very important to me.

6. We are a group of mature people. Sexual humor is fine within limits, but sexist humor is not. The same goes for racist humor. This holds for in-character comments as well, unless you are confident you can do it tastefully. In that case, such roleplaying is encouraged.

7. The periodic use of exclamatory remarks or profane words is fine, but extremely excessive profanity is not welcomed. If done in character, then keep it fantasy-based, and avoid the excessive use of English words of profanity. Some profanity is fine.

8. I expect you to show up regularly, and on time. As a guideline, you should be able to make about 75% of the sessions. If you are going to miss a session, then please let me know as soon as you decide that.

9. This is a roleplaying game. Roleplaying is required. Camp it up. Make it obvious. Go with the traditional stereotypes. Bring it on heavy and thick. Roleplaying is rewarded with the inspiration feature. But above all else, keep it fun for the group.

AxitMaster
July 19th, 2015, 15:33
Hi

My name is David and I can be emailed on [email protected].

This sounds very good to me. As I am GMT +2 this is early to mid afternoon for me which is an idea time and my Sundays are free to play without interruptions or other hassles. It also allows flexibility on my side for earlier or later starts if needed.

I was an avid role player for many years and had to give it up for a while so missed 4e entirely but now with finding Fantasy Grounds I hope to get back into role playing again,

I have read and agree with your statement and guidelines for playing.

Hope to hear from you.

David (AxitMaster)

spoofer
July 19th, 2015, 15:35
Private message sent.