PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

mrcorioliss
July 17th, 2015, 05:47
Hello, I'm Mr. Corioliss, or JP. I am a fairly new dnd player and started with 3.5, I love playing and go over the hand book regularly, its difficult to get my friends together frequently to play, so i bought fantasy grounds to see if there were any groups online.

I'm honestly not sure where to start in finding an online 3.5 game, or who to talk to, but I would love to do it.

As a new person to the forums (new as in this is my first post and really first anything with these forums lol) it gets a little intimidating. any friendly help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

dulux-oz
July 17th, 2015, 07:28
Hi JP, and Welcome!

We're a pretty friendly lot here, so don't be afraid/nervous about posting/asking questions/whatever.

The best thing to do to find a game is check out the LFG Forum and post your desires, times available, location, and similar info. Then look at the other posts and see if you find a game. You'll probably have to try out a few to find a GM and group you feel comfortable with, and so it may take a little time, but be patient and you'll be OK.

You could also consider the odd one-shot with a game system other then 3.5E, just to see what they're like.

Finally, check out the various Tutorial Videos on the FG Wiki - damns' are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the basis/foundations of how most of the RPGs we use with FG work. By learning how to use FG & the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of how to run any RPG with FG.

Cheers

Nylanfs
July 17th, 2015, 11:35
Welcome!