PDA

View Full Version : Drag and Drop Script Error

Medriza
July 16th, 2015, 19:24
I've searched the forums, but can't find much help with this error. We're playing a 5E game and get the following error when dragging and dropping any items. The other functions seem to work fine, like targeting and HP reduction and the like. But any inventory functions toss the following error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invlist.lua"]:186: attempt to call field 'handlePCDrop' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invlist.lua"]:186: attempt to call field 'handlePCDrop' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_inventory_contents"]:1: attempt to call field 'handlePCDrop' (a nil value)

I've disabled all extensions (and even removed some I had tested but wasn't currently using). I even created a new 5E campaign file. The error persists in all instances.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

Trenloe
July 16th, 2015, 19:26
What version are you running? This should have been fixed in 3.1.0: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24097-Test-Release-v3-1-0&p=214189&viewfull=1#post214189

When you load up your campaign what versions is reported in the chat window for CoreRPG?

Medriza
July 16th, 2015, 21:17
Hi Trenloe,

I'm running 3.0.13, and had already tried to update, just in case. It went through all the files, but didn't look like FG updated as that's the same version I was on last night when the error first appeared.

The link you sent was talking about the Test release 3.1.0, but I should be on the Live version.

Trenloe
July 16th, 2015, 21:21
The link you sent was talking about the Test release 3.1.0, but I should be on the Live version.
That was for a few releases ago. The current live version is 3.1.1.

Make sure you don't have a CoreRPG directory in your <FG app data>\rulesets directory. If you do, delete/rename it and try running again - FG should show the following in the chat window on loading - both versions should be 3.1.1:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/3.1.1%20versions.jpg

If they don't, then delete/rename any directories called CoreRPG or 5E in <FG app data>\rulesets and also delete CoreRPG.pak and 5E.pak and then run an update. This should download the latest versions of the required rulesets.

Medriza
July 16th, 2015, 22:25
That was it. Unfortunately, it took a bit more of a roundabout path to get me updated (had to just reinstall the entire thing), but then I have no idea what got me stuck on 3.0.13 in the first place.

Anyway, that's handled and I'm all up to date.

Thanks for the assist, Trenloe!