PDA

View Full Version : Making new weapon properties

Isklexi
July 16th, 2015, 17:11
I'm currently running the Zeitgeist campaign from ENworld in 4E. This setting has guns. Most guns have weapon properties standard to 4E. However, the shot gun has a unique property that I'm not sure how to replicate in Fantasy Grounds. The ability works like this:

Scatter: A gunman firing a shotgun makes two attack rolls and takes the higher result. Additionally, if the target is at close range and both rolls would hit, the attack has its normal effect, plus it deals an extra 1[W] damage (2[W] at 11th level, and 3[W] at 21st).

I could simply make this a power attached to the gun, but it would become quite cumbersome as it would apply to every attack made with the shotgun (naturally one of my players made his character specialize in shotguns). I'm hoping there is a way to make this into a weapon property that will automatically apply to all attacks made with the weapon. Unfortunately, I'm new to this program and have no idea how this could be accomplished. Any advice would be immensely helpful.

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2015, 21:00
There's no automated way to do this.

I would have your player roll 2 attack rolls, and have a one-shot effect for DMGW:1 for when both hit.

It could potentially be written as an extension by someone who knew how to code Lua, and wanted to keep it up.

Cheers,
JPG

Isklexi
July 16th, 2015, 22:03
Thank you for the response. I only have experience with Python (and not much at that), so we'll just have to do it manually.

Nylanfs
July 16th, 2015, 23:07
Roll twice on the chat bar and then drag the better of the two to the NPC.