PDA

View Full Version : Mod export question

Talen
July 16th, 2015, 13:37
I can create an adventure mod and export it and it will work as anticipated. The problem arises when I subsequently load a mod at a later date and export it a second time. The tabs for each section (story, images. Etc.) duplicate or or other behave strangely. Sticking with the duplication issue for now- how can I 're-export to save the changes without duplicating tabs? I thought maybe copying everything to a new tab, closing the old mod and then reexporting?

kylania
July 16th, 2015, 13:41
I think the idea is to have a campaign with NOTHING in it except your module data and only update and export from that. Did you load the module in a new campaign, edit where you'd loaded it, then export from the new module instead of having it be all that's there? Maybe that did it?

Mask_of_winter
July 16th, 2015, 13:47
You shouldn't have that problem if you make the changes in the original "campaign" you used to create that module to begin with.

Talen
July 16th, 2015, 14:30
You shouldn't have that problem if you make the changes in the original "campaign" you used to create that module to begin with.

This was a mod I was revising from someone else so I didn't have an orginal campaign to edit in. Anyway around that in this instance? (I realize my first post is confusing on that point.)

Kylania- it was modified in an empty campaign.

Trenloe
July 16th, 2015, 15:04
you can't reliably re-export a module using just the module, you really need to have access to the original campaign that made the module.

You have some options, but they require some work:
1) Manually edit the module XML directly. Depending on the changes you want to make this might not be much of an option. You also need to know what you're doing. You can merge in the XML changes you've made in your current campaign stored in the moduledb directory within the campaign.
2) Convert the module to a new camaign. This has various issues with it, most namely links not being kept properly, etc.. So you will need to go through and do some work to make sure all links are correct.