PDA

View Full Version : New to FG and New to Tabletop LFG in D&D 5.0

Deviancy
July 15th, 2015, 01:10
Hello. I live in Portland Oregon -USA but can meet at the most odd of times so whatever where you are all from works. However, the days I can play on would have to fall on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday to avoid random conflicts in my life. I do not want to DM. I want to join a new game preferably with a mix of veteran players of the game and new people like me and will all be starting at level 1. I have played 3 years in Never Winter Nights and experimented briefly in P&P over 30 years ago. Obviously I would need a patient group being my first time. I want to play a Druid in the 5.0. I just finally watched the tutorial on how to make a character which took me days to figure out. I did get the single license but not the ultimate one. This has been the hardest software for me to pick up ever so any mentoring would be great even if you aren't wanting me in your group.

And on those days I am serious, although I am in USA Pacific Time Zone, I would be willing to try any group willing to take me with the considerations I have mentioned. I am fine with text only, voice, or combination of both but please do not expect me to speak elvish in character because I am a wood elf. I am not that familiar. Would love to learn to role play better but not going to make accents and perform.

I am really anxious to try this and will commit to the group.

Thank you for reading and considering me,

Deviancy

damned
July 16th, 2015, 07:13
Hey Deviancy - i suggest you pop in on the threads where GMs are advertising games and express your interest. Most of the time GMs dont have to go looking for players - the players come to them... :)
Im sure you will find some good opportunities for some gaming.

brautigan1
July 16th, 2015, 17:17
Deviancy, I'm in Portland too! And I have a "help" campaign on the calendar. We can bypass that, though. Shoot me a PM and we'll set something up. You can join me on Teamspeak and I'll host an FG "help" session with you. I'll have you rolling (pardon the pun) with confidence in no time at all.

--Dan

tehl33tg33k
July 18th, 2015, 17:39
Hi Deviancy,
We have a Wednesday campaign going and are in need a some new players. We have an experienced DM who is a brilliant teacher (all the players are newbies). Its weekly at 9pm BST (GMT +1) on a wednesday. We're playing the Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign and we've only been going a couple of weeks, so you are more than welcome to join us if the times are OK with you. If you're interested, sign up here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1504

The majority of people who have signed up haven't turned up, so don't be put off by the relatively long list of players. Hope you can make it, but good luck either way :)