PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions.. Mockery and disadvantage and party sheet xp

WansumBeats
July 14th, 2015, 19:59
Easiest way to add disadvantage to an npc for one turn when failing viscous mockery check?

In the party sheet under xp.... There's 2 boxes... The first one has the xp of the character and the second one I can't edit and is empty.... I was assuming I could put 300 in there and when the pc passed the mark they would auto level or be warned? Is the second box used for anything?

Trenloe
July 14th, 2015, 20:14
In the party sheet under xp.... There's 2 boxes... The first one has the xp of the character and the second one I can't edit and is empty....
These are taken directly from the "Class & Level" section of the PC character sheet. On the character sheet -> Main tab, click the magnifying glass to the right of a line in "Class & Level". "XP" and "Next Level" indicate the current PC XP and what is needed for the next level. It is these two pieces of data that are displayed in the XP tab of the party sheet. You don't get warned nor automatically level when the "next level" threshold is exceeded - but I'm sure this won't be a problem as your players will be watching closely...

Zacchaeus
July 14th, 2015, 20:20
For the first question create an effect using the DISATK keyword and drag it onto the NPC. See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects) for more information on effects. You could also click the DIS button in the bottom left of the screen just before the roll is made. The effect is better though I feel.

For the second question I'm not sure what you mean. The party sheet has no xp tab for the player. For the DM there are two boxes the right hand one is used for giving the party xp for quests. The DM can create quests by editing the box and entering quests and attaching an amount of xp. The left hand box is for dragging completed encounters into so that the xp can be distributed. Both boxes can be edited by right clicking and selecting 'Create Item'

On the player's character sheet there are two boxes for xp. The first shows the current xp total of the character; the second shows the xp for the next level (and will only have a number in here if the player - or DM - put one in it). Both boxes can be edited by clicking in the box and typing a number. The 'current' xp box will update automatically whenever the DM awards xp to the party.

In no circumstance will the character sheet automatically update the characters level or anything else when the xp passes the next level mark. Both of these boxes are informational only and the player will need to be aware of how much xp they have and whether they have reached the next level. Levelling up is mainly a manual exercise - after all FG doesn't know if the player wants to add a level of his current class or multiclass into something else. Think of the character sheet as largely the same as if it were a paper one in this respect.

Does this answer your question? Or are you talking about some other thing?

Gah! Ninja'd. And yes as Trenloe says the players will have a hawks eye on their xp level and will know to the very second when they level up.

Trenloe
July 14th, 2015, 20:25
Easiest way to add disadvantage to an npc for one turn when failing viscous mockery check?
Add an effect: DISATK with expenditure = Roll, and duration 1 round. The duration won't quite work 100% correctly, unless you change the "Initiative to adjust on" entry to be just after the target's next turn init slot - e.g. if the target's init was 14, put the "Initiative to adjust on" as 13, or to be a bit more accurate 13.9 so it doesn't last into init slot 13 (if anyone is acting on that init slot):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Vicious%20Mockery.jpg

WansumBeats
July 14th, 2015, 20:42
Thanks guys ;)

Zacchaeus
July 14th, 2015, 21:07
Add an effect: DISATK with expenditure = Roll, and duration 1 round. The duration won't quite work 100% correctly, unless you change the "Initiative to adjust on" entry to be just after the target's next turn init slot - e.g. if the target's init was 14, put the "Initiative to adjust on" as 13, or to be a bit more accurate 13.9 so it doesn't last into init slot 13 (if anyone is acting on that init slot):

Obvious now that you have said this but I never, ever thought of altering the number in that box. Solves a number of issues I had with spells or effects which last until the end of your turn or end of NPCs turn etc.
Well done Trenloe and once again amazing what comes out of an almost completely unrelated question :)

Nylanfs
July 15th, 2015, 00:32
Technically depending on the lag they players might find out a minute later. :)