PDA

View Full Version : looking for some help

hawkwind
July 14th, 2015, 19:25
I have watched most of the video's and read the documentation but I just need that little bit extra before I run a game. I looking for a experienced person to be a practice player for a session for an hour or so before I run a proper game. I have a fairly good grasp of the rules but I haven't run or played even Rolemaster in may be 20 years but I have loads of Fantasy grounds experience using Pathfinder and 5e. I can do a session between 8pm BST and 10pm most week day nights and on a sunday evening at a push. Any volunteers?

Chris_Seal
July 15th, 2015, 14:54
Hi Hawkind,

I can lend a hand. I have a game on tonight, but can be online tomorrow or Friday (I'm away all of next week, but if you need sometime later than that I am back the following week and available most nights).

Cheers
Chris

lachancery
July 15th, 2015, 16:24
I can't make your time slot (I'm Eastern America TZ - EST/EDT), but if you have any question that are easy to write, I'll gladly respond. Good luck! :)

hawkwind
July 15th, 2015, 17:55
thanks Chris I'm running a pathfinder game on Friday and prepping the night before so it will have to be the week after next may be the 30th?

jshauber
July 15th, 2015, 22:31
I am CST US so your week nights don't work for me as I am working, but if you can swing a Sunday evening (my afternoon) I would be willing to help as I can.

Chris_Seal
July 15th, 2015, 22:51
Hi Hawkwind,

The 30th sounds good to me. Let me know when and how I can best help.

My email is sealck at gmail dot com if you want to take it offline.

Cheers
Chris

Dakadin
July 16th, 2015, 01:22
I should be able to help next week during those time frames except for Tuesday at this point. Just let me know.

hawkwind
July 17th, 2015, 09:55
ok thanks everyone i didn't expect so many replies, I have been a bit slow replying my self due to work going a bit crazy at the moment. I will contact by people by PM

hawkwind
July 22nd, 2015, 23:01
Thanks Dakadin that was a great help, just need to find some players now!

lordjeb
July 22nd, 2015, 23:31
I have also found it helpful (as a newbie myself) to watch some games on peoples streaming. For example, tons of D&D 5e Adventurer's League streamed on twitch.tv.

lachancery
July 23rd, 2015, 00:38
Thanks Dakadin that was a great help, just need to find some players now!

I'd love to play, too bad we have a big difference in our time zones! There seems to be a good amount of Rolemaster fans in Scandinavia; that's basically the same time as you. If players don't respond on FG forums, you could try the Iron Crown forums; many would love the opportunity to play RM VTT.

Dakadin
July 23rd, 2015, 08:11
I am glad it helped. If you have any questions feel free to post them here and someone will answer them for you. :)

hawkwind
August 3rd, 2015, 08:50
Had another practice session and i couldn't get % movement figure to add to the modifier stack

I was entering the speed and the distance moved on the combat tracker and then clicking on the tick or cross next to % activity on the same line in the tracker yet it wasn't adding to the modifers in on the table resolution window. What am I doing wrong?

Dakadin
August 4th, 2015, 07:33
Try double clicking it or dragging it to the modifier stack. A single click won't add it as a modifier.

hawkwind
August 5th, 2015, 08:11
my bad, thanks for the help again