PDA

View Full Version : Anyone making custom maps for season 2?

WansumBeats
July 13th, 2015, 16:53
I've recently purchased cc3 and started building custom maps for a couple of the season 2 expeditions. Anyone else building maps for use in FG?

kylania
July 13th, 2015, 17:00
This forum has some custom made maps, many of them quite spectacular: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?90-Maps

WansumBeats
July 13th, 2015, 17:23
Thanks Kyla I'm looking for maps specifically for use in season 2 for FG.... I'll check out that forum

WansumBeats
July 13th, 2015, 17:24
I've finished maps for DDEX2-01 City if danger and drowned tower... Adlai have a map for the boar pit

Trenloe
July 13th, 2015, 17:33
I've finished maps for DDEX2-01 City if danger and drowned tower... Adlai have a map for the boar pit
As long as the content of these maps doesn't violate copyright, why don't you share them with us? :)

WansumBeats
July 13th, 2015, 18:15
That's the problem... Not sure how copyright law works... If I create the map using cc3 and symbols from the symbol set 4 dungeons of schley, would that infringe on copyright? The maps contain chairs and tables and lights and stairs... Ect....I'll post on the cc3 forums and see what they say... I would imagine the basic outline of the dungeons wouldn't be a problem but I don't know about what happens when I start detailing the rooms with the symbols I bought in the pack.

Trenloe
July 13th, 2015, 18:20
That's the problem... Not sure how copyright law works... If I create the map using cc3 and symbols from the symbol set 4 dungeons of schley, would that infringe on copyright?
One of the cool things with CC3 is that they allow you to distribute, sell, etc. maps made with their products. The only restriction is if the "map" isn't actually a map but a symbols sheet or similar that provides someone with the base sumbols - which isn't the case with your maps. :) More info on the Profantasy site here: https://secure.profantasy.com/service/faq.asp#FAQ_commercial

kylania
July 13th, 2015, 18:22
From the ProFantasy license agreement (https://secure.profantasy.com/service/license.asp):

(i) Subject to the restrictions in section ii and iii, you may freely distribute the maps you create using OUR ARTWORK in CC3 format, but not the source image files (PNG and bitmap artwork) associated with them, and you may freely distribute flat files (for example BMP and PNG) exported from CC3 or third-party applications containing OUR ARTWORK. You may publish such maps for commercial gain.

So looks like you can freely distribute a map image made in CC3 and PF purchases, just not the files you used to make said map. You just can't say, make a map of all the symbols for the express purpose of cutting them out to reuse them.

See also: https://secure.profantasy.com/service/faq.asp#FAQ_commercial

WansumBeats
July 13th, 2015, 18:32
Oh that's great news then... So there's no issue with me using all the artwork as long as it's a single image of the complete map. Nice.

WansumBeats
July 13th, 2015, 18:33
I'll post em when I get home from work

Trenloe
July 13th, 2015, 18:34
Oh that's great news then... So there's no issue with me using all the artwork as long as it's a single image of the complete map. Nice.
Yep.

Here are some CC3 maps I've made and they're find being distributed due to Profantasy's generous licencing of their material: https://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?u=23781

Talen
July 14th, 2015, 01:30
I'll post em when I get home from work

Looking forward to seeing them!

WansumBeats
July 14th, 2015, 02:51

Here are the 5 maps i created for DDEX 2-3 Drowned tower... i left the doors off because i wanted to add them via tokens.. so when the players open the door i could replace it with open doors.

The last map is a little different looking because i upgraded to CC3+ and the Jon Roberts pack isnt available for it. Hopefully they get around to that soon.. i really liked the look of that pack.

Oh all the maps are set up to you can just click add grid and make a square 50 pixels in size and everything should line up

WansumBeats
July 14th, 2015, 02:59
This is a map of the boar pit i made for DDEX2-4 Mayhem in the Earthspur Mines... I LOVED THIS MODULES.. the pit fight in my regular group was AMAZING.. came down to the wire.

same deal with this map.. its setup for 50 pixel square.

WansumBeats
July 14th, 2015, 03:04
lastly i made these two maps for DDEX1 City of Danger... of the 5 adventures i only had to make 2 maps.. i just used downloaded maps from the internet for the other adventures

again.. simple maps with the idea of using tokens for dungeon fluff set grid to 50 pixels and it should all line up

kylania
July 14th, 2015, 03:11
Last three attachments seem to be broken?

soulcat
July 14th, 2015, 06:13
Here are a couple of Maps I've created for the City of Danger.1051410515

WansumBeats
July 14th, 2015, 07:22
I'll fix those links after work... Don't know what happened...

Talen
July 14th, 2015, 12:29
WansumBeats and soul cat- thank you both, these look great....and the grid setup makes things much easier.

WansumBeats
July 14th, 2015, 23:33
Try this again...

City of Danger Mini Adventure Map 1 the fight on the tower

City of Danger Mini Adventure Map 2 the burning shack

City of Danger Mini Adventure 3 map the deep guardians (i think thats what its called)