PDA

View Full Version : how do you enter a "handout"

crb31
July 13th, 2015, 14:41
I am running a module and would like to give the characters a handout- if this were around a table I know what to do but on FG interface it becomes a tiny bit more awkward. I create a JPG and then where would I import it to? and what size should it be?
Thanks

Mask_of_winter
July 13th, 2015, 14:47
If it's an image you put it the same place as the maps.

Splash page, click folder icon
Find the campaigns folder
Open up your campaign
Drop it in the Images folder

or

while on FG in your campaign, open up the maps/images from the right sidebar and drop your image in that window.

As for the size, anything larger than the size of the average monitor would be a waste.

Valarian
July 13th, 2015, 16:59
Story Item - Create a story item for background or lost exposition pieces. You can share these with your players.
Image - Images for the fake letter style of handout, a graphic or scenery shot. 72ppi is screen resolution, so don't bother going above that unless you're zooming right in to the image. The smaller the file size the better - for the sake of bandwidth and players awaiting loading images.

Trenloe
July 13th, 2015, 17:23
I am running a module and would like to give the characters a handout- if this were around a table I know what to do but on FG interface it becomes a tiny bit more awkward.
FG is awesome for handouts - it's soooooo much easier than having printouts around the table, plus the players can close the shared image and go back to it later as it will appear in their image list, or story list if it was a text based handout - unless the GM subsequent removes the sharing by clicking on the (s) or (p) icon in the campaign data list (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Campaign_Data#Campaign_Data_List). See the comments above and the thread you've seen here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25150-Best-Image-Size-for-Handouts

Plus, you can share a handout with an individual player by dragging the link to the PC portrait on the desktop. Only the player of that PC will receive the shared handout.

dberkompas
July 14th, 2015, 02:17
Wait, you can share an image with specific players?

That's awesome. So many tidbits of knowledge around here.

BoomerET

damned
July 14th, 2015, 08:40
And.... you can take it off them too. they lose the map, they give it away, it gets stolen....

Griogre
July 14th, 2015, 10:40
Or they eat them. :) Happened last game.