PDA

View Full Version : I can't update to Test version (3.1.2)

demonsbane
July 12th, 2015, 23:38
What the title says: starting with the current FG 3.1.1 Live version, I go to Settings to pick "Test", then I click on Update and after running the FG Updater correctly (seemingly), I remain with the 3.1.1 live version.

Days ago I had access, and then I switched back from Test version (3.1.2) to Live (3.1.1); now I'm stuck into this latter one no matter what I do in the Settings window: choosing "Test" or "Dev" makes no difference whatsoever. More than a week, perhaps two, has passed in this way.

This never happened to me before. I wonder if there is any hint.

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2015, 08:45
Might be a permission issue? Or a multiple installation issue?

Some things to try:
* If running through Steam, try running directly.
* Try running FG as administrator.
* Go to folder where application is installed, and run UpdaterEngine.exe directly.
* Same, but as administrator

Regards,
JPG

kylania
July 13th, 2015, 14:26
I'm having a similar issue. I was able to upgrade to 3.1.2 but I cannot downgrade back to 3.1.1. Game is installed on it's own, no Steam, to a standalone folder on the D drive. I'll try again specifically running as administrator when I get back.

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2015, 01:02
We've found a variety of permission issues that people have stumbled across when using FG from a data or application directory different than the default.

Since the updater always requests administrator privileges, there should not be any issues updating the FG files, but there have been a few situations where explicitly running as Admin has been required.

You can also try deleting the files, and letting the updater reload them.

Regards,
JPG

demonsbane
July 15th, 2015, 21:53
Hi Moon Wizard,

Sorry for the delay in answering. First of all, thanks for your answer.

Now, I did nothing for solving this. I mean no changes at all, but only checking in the first place: it happens that just after the availability of the last Update for the 3.1.2 Test Release (Yesterday 02:57, according to my time zone), I've been able to update again without issue, as usual.

Still, I have no clue why before that specific Update to the 3.1.2 Test Release, it stopped working for me. FWIW the "Update available" red box only displayed "Check for Updates" in normal color, even if I wanted to update from Live to Test according to the options in Settings. I was able to run the UpdaterEngine as usual (from there or from the .exe file), but to no effect after all the download process, because it didn't modify the app version at all.

Warm regards