PDA

View Full Version : PFS #4-03 The Golemworks Incident, July 21st 7pm GMT

cmdisc
July 12th, 2015, 22:18
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 5–9.

When the Golemworks in Magnimar starts reporting some “problems” with their most recent batch of golems, the PCs are sent to investigate in the hope that the Pathfinder Society can get on good terms with the influential arcane organization.

Written by Larry Wilhelm.

Calendar for sign-ups is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1515

First posts here get first spots. I am reserving 1 spot for a friend. I'm fine with either sub-tier, but be warned that this scenario has proven deadly in past table sessions. So plan accordingly.

AxitMaster
July 13th, 2015, 00:00
Hi

Save me a spot too please. Looks like a fun adventure/

Blackfoot
July 13th, 2015, 01:16
I'd like to play but...
Any chance you can go an hour earlier on the start time? I have a game at 7:30 so starting at 3 is pushing it...I have 3 dudes available in the level range:
Prindlemire - Male Gnome Sorcerer/6.0
Garbunkle - Male Gnome Two Weapon Fighter/6.0
Stick - Male Tengu Inquisitor/5.2

xazil
July 13th, 2015, 01:17
I'll pencil a slot in. Have characters of either sub tier

Victor
July 13th, 2015, 02:14
I'm in. Forewarned is Forearmed. I left a deposit with the undertaker.

I would like to bring Izradoci, level 5.2 Arcanist and get him to 6 before Thornkeep 4. My other choices are Warpriest 6, Ranger 5, or Sorcerer 5. My level 7 Magus will be locked in playing the Friday before and after in Xazil's game. That's all I have, nothing above 6.

HoloGnome
July 13th, 2015, 03:11
I'll guess I'll bring Haraq or Axxis if we're going low tier.

Blackfoot
July 13th, 2015, 03:17
I'll bow out since the slot is an issue for me time wise. Leaves one spot free for someone else.

cmdisc
July 13th, 2015, 07:03
I'll bow out since the slot is an issue for me time wise. Leaves one spot free for someone else.

If there ends up being enough interest for another table, either I could look at running it again or maybe someone who plays this session will be interested in GMing it the next go-around.

Edit: also if anyone will be needing a Pregen, I ask for them to build out the character in FG and submit it to me for review like any regular XML.

Syaoran0503
July 13th, 2015, 12:58
I would like to play I can bring my level 5 zen archer

cmdisc
July 13th, 2015, 17:44
This is looking like a 5-6 subtier game. There is one spot left that I am currently holding, but it's looking like I might be releasing that. I'll know more soon. Anyone else who is interested is free to post here. If there's enough for a 2nd table, there are a few good GMs that might want to pick this one up.

I'd like all XMLs and most recent Chronicles by 24 hours out from game time so I have time to go over them. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything before then, feel free to post here or send me an IM.

Farnaby
July 13th, 2015, 20:29
I'm in!

cmdisc
July 15th, 2015, 22:08
We have our gang of 6! For those that haven't decided on characters, go ahead and toss out ideas and let's see what comes together.

xazil
July 16th, 2015, 00:46
I have a few options in the 5-6 area.
Ragnar Melee Druid 6
Haplo Mounted Tank Samurai 5
Ulheim Melee Alchemist 6
Phorynous Beatstick Cleric 5

HoloGnome
July 16th, 2015, 01:45
I think I have:
Drakon (Bloodrager 1/Druid 5)
Axxis (Druid 3/Wizard 3)
Haraq (Sorcerer 3/Oracle 1/Alchemist 1)

We're on 5-6, right?

Farnaby
July 16th, 2015, 07:10
I'm going to bring Nenna - Lvl 5 Witch

cmdisc
July 16th, 2015, 12:14
We're on 5-6, right?

Looks that way.

cmdisc
July 16th, 2015, 12:27
So far we have two arcane casters, a ranged monk, and a monk/rogue. I'm not sure if that last one constitutes a melee or ranged build and whether they are STR or DEX based.

The four that have been suggested on the calendar are all 5th level. So we're comfortably within the 5-6 subtier regardless of what Xazil and HG settle on.

cmdisc
July 18th, 2015, 19:30
I have one XML and Chronicle so far. I'd like the others by EOB Monday, please, so I can look things over and know who we have showing up.

xazil
July 19th, 2015, 16:03
Here is Phorynous. The not too bright beatstick cleric who tends to do as Izradoci suggests.

AxitMaster
July 19th, 2015, 21:13
Hi

Here is the character and picture.

The chronicle sheet attached is the last one I have as I am still waiting on the last adventure chronicle, HoloGnome is working on getting it out.

AxitMaster
July 20th, 2015, 09:35
Hi

Got the latest chronicle sheet for you. Sorry its a bit late.

AxitMaster

cmdisc
July 20th, 2015, 11:25
Ok, I have 4 of 6 set so far (Nenna, Phorynous, Izradoci, and Ty'Char. I'll take a look at them later tonight as time allows since I'll be out of town for a few hours today. If I have any questions, I'll let you know. Otherwise just waiting on the final 2 PC's.

Syaoran0503
July 20th, 2015, 13:41
I will get my submitted today sorry for the delay been a very busy week and weekend. Just need to wait till I get home from work.

Edit: Here are the xml and chronicle for Kyri.

cmdisc
July 20th, 2015, 22:41
This is scheduled to run from 7pm to Midnight GMT. Is there anyone who has a strict time limit? Or is it ok if we end up running over a little bit? I just want to make sure who needs what so we can gauge the pace accurately.

Also, does anyone need their Chronicle back ASAP? Otherwise I'll take a few days to get them out.

Syaoran0503
July 21st, 2015, 00:07
I should be good for running a bit late if needed.

xazil
July 21st, 2015, 00:07
I can go about 1.5 hours past that time and a few days is fine for chronicles.

Victor
July 21st, 2015, 00:29
Ditto

HoloGnome
July 21st, 2015, 07:47
I should be OK on time.

Farnaby
July 21st, 2015, 12:09
I'm good

AxitMaster
July 21st, 2015, 14:49
Definately fine for me. And no immediate hurry on the chronicle.

HoloGnome
July 21st, 2015, 17:28
Yes, but will it past the meerkats' bedtime?

AxitMaster
July 21st, 2015, 17:49
Meerkat do not sleep. We are always watching you.

Farnaby
July 21st, 2015, 19:07
Meerkats don't sleep, they're creepy that way.

cmdisc
July 21st, 2015, 19:12
Meerkats don't sleep...

Neither does HG apparently considering the hours I get emails from him. :p

FYI, server is up.

cmdisc
July 21st, 2015, 19:46
Oh, and on the cm.fg-con.com TS server.

cmdisc
July 22nd, 2015, 02:57
Good game guys. Some good rolls, some bad rolls.

Here's a pre-chronicle for anyone who needs it. Otherwise I'll check the notes tabs and work off those.

HoloGnome
July 22nd, 2015, 03:58
Voice-Over Announcer: Can YOU survive the Kill-Zone?

Thanks for running it, cm! It was fun, if not a little bit scary...and the creepy meerkats were probably right at home. In fact, I'm glad that one meerkat, in particular, didn't wake up. ;) This post is a bit like the Marklar South Park episode. :D

Syaoran0503
July 22nd, 2015, 20:29
Here is the prechron for Kyri.

Victor
July 23rd, 2015, 02:32
Thanks for running it, cm! It was fun, if not a little bit scary

Yea Cheers cm! Great game as usual, you da man.
Scary is good. Scary is great. With no Risk the Rewards are not nearly as sweet!
Bring it on!
(almost a year and not died yet, not for lack of trying)

cmdisc
July 23rd, 2015, 07:08
(almost a year and not died yet, not for lack of trying)

Luck, fair rolls, and good party strategy certainly help. :)

xazil
July 23rd, 2015, 08:03
Almost felt bad for the caster in difficult terrain being both blind and silenced. :D

Almost.

cmdisc
July 23rd, 2015, 11:41
The fact that you were spread out a bit helped to guard against all getting caught in the AoE as did my lousy roll that led to it only sticking to one of you. The follow-up has been known to TPK groups. But he never got that chance as you all shut things down real quick.

I'll say no more for risk of spoilers. ;)

cmdisc
July 23rd, 2015, 12:05
Chronicles here. Take a look and let me know if anything needs changing. I'll pull them down in a few days.

HG, you're all set with yours.

cmdisc
July 23rd, 2015, 13:23
...and reported.

Ziff
July 23rd, 2015, 16:01
I have an 8th level Half Orc Barbarian that could join if you need one more player. Please let me know.

AxitMaster
July 23rd, 2015, 16:08
Awesome cmdisc.

Everything looks good to me.

cmdisc
July 23rd, 2015, 17:38
I have an 8th level Half Orc Barbarian that could join if you need one more player. Please let me know.

As you can tell by the title of this thread, this session already ran (most PFS scenarios are one-shots that play out over the course of a 4-6 hour session). But if you go to the top forum post labeled "Game Announcement Thread" and subscribe to it, you'll get notification of games that GMs are posting so you can sign up for them as they run.

Ziff, are you familiar with Pathfinder Society?

cmdisc
July 23rd, 2015, 18:10

Actually, I'm thinking of running Season 5's "Weapon in the Rift" sometime in the next few weeks. It's another 5-9 level scenario that I've been looking at. Good reviews and I see no one has offered it on here (at least a quick search brings up no mention of it). Once I've purchased it and had a chance to read through it, I'll look at my schedule and see what might work. If I can squeeze something in on Aug 6th, I'll probably aim for that in the evening GMT. Otherwise I'll be looking for sometime around Aug 20th.

Will know more later.

HoloGnome
July 23rd, 2015, 18:17
AxitMaster - I have found an error on a previous chronicle (#5 - you were playing OOS and accidentally got upper sub-tier gold). Your current chronicle needs to be adjusted (downward) by 670gp.

cmdisc
July 23rd, 2015, 18:28
HG shared the Chronicle in question. I can reissue a corrected Chronicle for Golemworks. I'll edit this post when done.

Edit: Thought I had to go afk for a bit, but turns out not. So was able to make the corrections above.

HoloGnome
July 23rd, 2015, 19:19
Thanks - changing the starting gold is an easy solution. I can probably fix the other 3, assuming he had enough of a buffer.

Yes...it was fine. I have sent the corrected chronicles on my side.

Syaoran0503
July 24th, 2015, 00:53
Hey cm thanks for running the session. It was tons of fun.

One thing about my chronicle. Should the cracked gold nodule I bought with the 1pp be recorded in the Items bought?

Just curious if pp purchases should be tracked on the chronicle as well.

Thanks

cmdisc
July 24th, 2015, 08:02
One thing about my chronicle. Should the cracked gold nodule I bought with the 1pp be recorded in the Items bought?

Ah yes. Missed that. I recorded the -1 PP spent, but didn't put the item in the Bought section. Fixed that for you.