PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak, FG and losing mouse focus

Highrisedrifter
July 12th, 2015, 01:17
Hi folks, i'm new to Fantasy Grounds but not to Teamspeak

I've never had this issue before in any other application but when my mouse is focused on my FG screen and i'm playing games normally on thre, my PTT Teamspeak button will not function. If I move mouse focus and click onto my TS window, it works fine. If I move my mouse off my TS window and click back in my FG window whilst my PTT button is depressed, my TS mic will stay open until I move mouse focus back to TS and click in the window.

When I run games through Roll20 (is that a dirty word here?), TS functions perfectly. Even when I play other standalone games, TS will function perfectly in the background. It just does not like FG.

Anyone else experienced this issue and know a workaround please?

I have three monitors and running Windows 8.1. I have TS on my left monitor and FG runs on my middle and right monitors.

Shout if you need any more info to help me resolve this.

damned
July 12th, 2015, 02:24
Highrisedrifter I have experienced this myself and others Ive played with have experienced this but I cannot remember the fix. I dont and havent experienced it for a long time but it certainly does occur under some situations in FG. Try experimenting with not running FG maximised - drag it almost to the edge of your screen but not actually maximised, or if this is how you are doing it try the other way. Also what key are you using for PTT?
Some games here actually use Roll20 to provide voice and video and do the gaming on top in FG :)

Highrisedrifter
July 12th, 2015, 02:53
Thanks mate, I appreciate the reply. I am running FG windowed currently as otherwise it spans all three monitors, which is not super helpful. However, i'll try it maximised to see if it fixes the issue.

I searched on here but couldn't find anything related. I'll have another go though.

Trenloe
July 12th, 2015, 02:56
What key are you using for PTT? If it's CTRL, ALT or SHIFT these are captured by FG to display different hotkey slots and so won't be available to TeamSpeak.

Highrisedrifter
July 12th, 2015, 03:05
I've tried everything from the tilde key, to a mouse button to F1 and others. No luck so far.

damned
July 12th, 2015, 03:12
There are a stack of keys as Trenloe says that FG picks up on.
For me - [Right Shift] activates both Team Speak and Fantasy Grounds.
One other thing to try would be the load order - load FG before TS.

Highrisedrifter
July 12th, 2015, 03:35
One other thing to try would be the load order - load FG before TS.

Thanks both, I appreciate the help. I shall try when I get back home.

kylania
July 12th, 2015, 04:51
Might try running TeamSpeak or FG as Administrator or uninstall TS and install it in C:\TeamSpeak instead of under Program Files so it's not covered by admin rights.

Nickademus
July 12th, 2015, 05:22
Might try running TeamSpeak as Administrator

Every player that I've had that has experienced this problem, this solution has fixed it.