PDA

View Full Version : 5E ruleset N/A?

anemeth
July 11th, 2015, 21:41
I re-downloaded FG from steam with my ultimate license in tow to test out character generation on 5e. I have no modules to create a character from the manage character or new campaign mode. Does this mean I need to buy the ruleset? I thought it came with FG. Any help?

Moon Wizard
July 11th, 2015, 22:03
The ruleset (character sheet, other campaign sheets, roll handling, some rules automation, and more) comes automatically with FG (along with several other rulesets). This can be used to play a 5E campaign by entering data into the appropriate sheets as needed.

We have secured a license to sell Wizards content packs (rule books and adventures), but they are sold separately.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
July 11th, 2015, 22:07
You can use this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21835-D-amp-D-Basic-Rules-PDF-Parser) to create a module that FG can use to get you started.

anemeth
July 12th, 2015, 00:02
Okay so I have to purchase the modules. On the parsing, would that work for MERP books?

dulux-oz
July 12th, 2015, 01:48
I doubt it as the stuff for MERP is different from 5E (different layout, stats, etc, etc, etc) - but the guys who use it regularly would know.

Cheers

Zacchaeus
July 12th, 2015, 09:33
Yes, par5e, works only for 5e for the reasons Dulux says. The parser expects a particular format. I don't know about other rulesets since I only play 5e but have a peek at the other subforums to see what's already out there..